Do You Have a Birth Certificate or

Started by Wilma, April 26, 2011, 08:10:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Where in the Constitution does it say that a person of "dual allegiance" due to one of his parents being a citizen of another country cannot serve as president of the United States?

My World Book Encyclopedia says simply that no person except a natural-born citizen, or a citizen of the United States at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President, neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and been fourteen years a resident within the United States.

Now I am going to go see if I can find the difference between native born and natural born.

srkruzich

Quote from: Wilma on April 27, 2011, 10:03:31 AM
Where in the Constitution does it say that a person of "dual allegiance" due to one of his parents being a citizen of another country cannot serve as president of the United States?

My World Book Encyclopedia says simply that no person except a natural-born citizen, or a citizen of the United States at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President, neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and been fourteen years a resident within the United States.

Now I am going to go see if I can find the difference between native born and natural born.
Native born is one born on american soil to two american parents.  Natural born, aka Jus_soli means born on American soil.  THe requirement is to prevent any possible connection to any foreign government allegience.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Wilma

Patriot

A good article on the subject... Please not that 'natives' in this article should not be confused with the term 'native-born.'

4 Supreme Court Cases define "natural born citizen"
IRREFUTABLE AUTHORITY HAS SPOKEN
by John Charlton

CONCLUSION

Finally it should be noted, that to define a term is to indicate the category or class of things which it signifies.  In this sense, the Supreme Court of the United States has never applied the term "natural born citizen" to any other category than "those born in the country of parents who are citizens thereof".

Hence every U.S. Citizen must accept this definition or categorical designation, and fulfil his constitutional duties accordingly.  No member of Congress, no judge of the Federal Judiciary, no elected or appointed official in Federal or State government has the right to use any other definition; and if he does, he is acting unlawfully, because unconstitutionally.

Emphasis on the plural parents added.

Full article: http://www.thepostemail.com/2009/10/18/4-supreme-court-cases-define-natural-born-citizen/

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

thatsMRSc2u

I did what you said Wilma and sure nuff there it was.

http://gu.com/p/2zydg   think this should link to the story and picture

Wilma

Thank you, Pam.  In spite of this we still have naysayers who want him to not be eligible to be president.  I am beginning to think that there is something else stuck in their gullet and maybe they should admit it.

Patriot

Wilma, perhaps your assumption (that naysayers don't want him to be president) is faulty.   Perhaps the 'naysayers just want a president (any president) to be lawfully holding such a powerful position. Wouldn't you check for a driver's license before you rented out your car to a stranger?  As individuals, we should expect our elected officials to be fully and legally qualified to hold office, no?

What else are you thinking might be stuck in their gullet?

flintauqua

Quote from: Wilma on April 27, 2011, 11:32:17 AM
Thank you, Pam.  In spite of this we still have naysayers who want him to not be eligible to be president.  I am beginning to think that there is something else stuck in their gullet and maybe they should admit it.

Wilma,

I sure would hate to think what these naysayers would have needed 2000 years ago to prove that Jesus was the son of God.  Being born of a human and the Holy Spirit, I guess he would have been considered to have had dual-citizenship also. 

Maybe the Holy Spirit, or at the very least the ghost of Ronald Reagan, can visit them and let them know it's okay to let this one go!
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

Patriot

Quote from: flintauqua on April 27, 2011, 12:24:10 PM
I sure would hate to think what these naysayers would have needed 2000 years ago to prove that Jesus was the son of God.  Being born of a human and the Holy Spirit, I guess he would have been considered to have had dual-citizenship also. 

Maybe the Holy Spirit, or at the very least the ghost of Ronald Reagan, can visit them and let them know it's okay to let this one go!

Yet another transparent and poor emulation of Alinsky's tactics of isolate and demonize.  If you can't stay on topic and argue the current facts at hand then how about not wasting bandwidth to try to substitute irrelevant matters just to muddy the discussion.

What, exactly, does the 'citizenship' status of Christ in the ancient Roman Empire have to do with the US Constitution as it relates to the qualifications to hold the office of president?  As far as I know, Jesus, the Holy Spirit nor Reagan's ghost are even running for the office, and the matter at hand doesn't really have a spiritual component in that context.

Wow, the lengths to which progressive government worshipers will go to dismiss and avoid a valid debate of law and inconvenient facts really is amazing.  Now, about that pesky constitutional rule of law thing.....

thatsMRSc2u

Dude....face it....He's American......you wouldnt like him if he was from the oldest family in America :P

Gonna have to live with him tho.......just like the rest of us. Just like every other president who has sucked.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk