Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

Yup, it's fascinating to say the least.  As I've said before... inch by inch.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

readyaimduck

A little off topic, however pertinent to the method of EK (?)
I never dated without knowing the 'intent' of my suitor.  I did get to know him well and asked others of him.
Had I known his 'intent',....I would have never gone out with the sunybeach.

ready and cautious

readyaimduck

Now that I have that out of my system...<whew!> 
I really do think EK has good intentions on the surface.  I however do not believe they are upfront with their method of obtaining funds for these activities.

That is what concerns me.
ready

Ross

Well said Ready and
kshillbillys.

You know I hadn't heard that story about the frog  in probably 40 years or more.

Good analogy.

kshillbillys

Here's another analogy:

Mighty oaks grow from little acorns....keyword here: Acorn. They received a lot of taxpayer funds too and were ignorant supporters of Liberal trash!
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

kshillbillys

Community organizing is a process where people who live in proximity to each other come together into an organization that acts in their shared self-interest. A core goal of community organizing is to generate durable power for an organization representing the community, allowing it to influence key decision-makers on a range of issues over time. In the ideal, for example, this can get community organizing groups a place at the table before important decisions are made.[1] Community organizers work with and develop new local leaders, facilitating coalitions and assisting in the development of campaigns.

Youth Organizing

More recently has come the emergence of youth organizing groups around the country. These groups use neo-Alinsky strategies while also usually providing social and sometimes material support to less-privileged youth. Most of these groups are created by and directed by youth or former youth organizers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_organizing

Community youth development, or CYD, is a philosophy emphasizing the uniquely symbiotic nature of youth development to community development by situating the two practices in a common framework. CYD combines the natural instincts of young people as they desire to create change in their surrounding environments by developing partnerships between youth-related organizations and community development agencies to create new opportunities for youth to serve their communities while developing their personal abilities.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_youth_development

kshillbillys

The Delphi method ( /ˈdɛlfaɪ/ del-fy) is a structured communication technique, originally developed as a systematic, interactive forecasting method which relies on a panel of experts.[1]

In the standard version, the experts answer questionnaires in two or more rounds. After each round, a facilitator provides an anonymous summary of the experts' forecasts from the previous round as well as the reasons they provided for their judgments. Thus, experts are encouraged to revise their earlier answers in light of the replies of other members of their panel. It is believed that during this process the range of the answers will decrease and the group will converge towards the "correct" answer. Finally, the process is stopped after a pre-defined stop criterion (e.g. number of rounds, achievement of consensus, stability of results) and the mean or median scores of the final rounds determine the results.

Anonymity of the participants

Usually all participants remain anonymous. Their identity is not revealed, even after the completion of the final report. This prevents the authority, personality, or reputation of some participants from dominating others in the process. Arguably, it also frees participants (to some extent) from their personal biases, minimizes the "bandwagon effect" or "halo effect", allows free expression of opinions, encourages open critique, and facilitates admission of errors when revising earlier judgments.

Role of the facilitator

The person coordinating the Delphi method can be known as a facilitator, and facilitates the responses of their panel of experts, who are selected for a reason, usually that they hold knowledge on an opinion or view. The facilitator sends out questionnaires, surveys etc. and if the panel of experts accept, they follow instructions and present their views. Responses are collected and analyzed, then common and conflicting viewpoints are identified. If consensus is not reached, the process continues through thesis and antithesis, to gradually work towards synthesis, and building consensus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delphi_technique

Warph

Quote from: kshillbillys on October 12, 2011, 10:01:29 PM
Here's another analogy:
Mighty oaks grow from little acorns....keyword here: Acorn. They received a lot of taxpayer funds too and were ignorant supporters of Liberal trash!

Just to let you know, ACORN is still around but under a new name, "New York Communities For Change"....
The moochers, looters, parasites and vultures are back with a new mask and same board members.  Yep, the bloodsuckers have returned.... and are quickly back to stealing, looting, robbing the children, the schools, the working man, the poor.... all to line the fat pockets of fat cat statists.  NYCity wanted to close 20 failing schools and replace them with new schools and new principals and new teachers but the United Federation of Teachers said no... no way will that happen.  

Along came ACORN NYCC.  NYCC agreed. "Fix Our Schools, Don't Close 'Em," it declared.  Predictably, the  teachers unions are paying off these thugs big time.... giving ACORN New York Communities for Change more than $200,000 last year.... a big chunk of the advocacy group's budget.  NYCC's views on education mirrors the UFT's.  According to NYCC documents, unions pumped about $300,000 into its coffers last year, and the group expects them to contribute $473,915 this year and $651,633 next year, a significant portion of its budget.  They expect to go nation-wide down the road.  

I'm sorry to say that NYCC isn't the only scam going in America  All one has to do is google "Communities" and read between the lines on these clowns.  Sound familiar?

Story at:  http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/acorn_is_reborn_in_klyn_S7iU9OTmK0vB5kf2lBkdhL

http://www.nycommunities.org/about

http://www.uft.org/
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Ross

We have been told about the 57 visionary's Elk Konnected, LLC has but not who they are. Our County Commissioner says there is no record of them.
So are we to believe Elk Konnected, LLC and our County Commissioner operates with no records of anything?
Through out all my years of schooling I was taught to document.
         Through out all my years  of military service I was taught to document.
                          Through out all my years of employment I was taught to document.

Commissioner Hendricks Where is the documentation of the 57 visionarians in Elk Konnected, LLC?

Oh well, I guess we will never know if they really exist or not, do you think we will ever know the truth?

I was curious about the actual definition of a visionary so I visited a couple of on line dictionary's and her is what I found.

Visionary
Merriam-Webster

1) visionary (adjective)  

Definition of VISIONARY
1 : of the nature of a vision : illusory b: incapable of being realized or achieved : utopian <a visionary scheme> c: existing only in imagination : unreal
(1uto·pi·an adj, often capitalized \-pē-ən\ )
1 : of, relating to, or having the characteristics of a utopia; especially: having impossibly ideal conditions especially of social organization

2 : able or likely to see visions b: disposed to reverie or imagining : dreamy
3 : of, relating to, or characterized by visions or the power of vision
4 : having or marked by foresight and imagination <a visionary leader> <a visionary invention>

2) visionary (noun
Definition of VISIONARY

noun
1 : one whose ideas or projects are impractical : dreamer
2 : one who sees visions : seer

a person who is given to highly speculative or impractical ideas or schemes; dreamer.

I guess I must be a visionary , because I envision hearing or actually seeing the truth, but the definition above says otherwise, what do you think?  

See definitions above that are in bold print.

Doesn't my vision fit the definitions?

redcliffsw

Quote from: Warph on October 12, 2011, 11:59:26 PM

I'm sorry to say that NYCC isn't the only scam going in America  All one has to do is google "Communities" and read between the lines on these clowns.  Sound familiar?

Warph, that's pretty good information to assist folks to recognize EK for what it really is. 

Elk County is not immune from liberal schemes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk