Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

Let's look at what is posted about Elk Konnected at
http://www.publicsquarecommunities.com/community/elk/
Let's take a look at the head count of Elk konnected on their web site, shall we?

Liz Hendricks (620) 330-2428
County Commissioner

David Whetstone 620-374-2296

And posted at
http://www.publicsquarecommunities.com/community/elk/steering.php
Steering Committee:

Andrea Arbuckle

Nancy Barker

Jennifer Brummel

Julie Englebrecht

Liz Hendricks

Tommie Provence

David Whetstone

And at Action Teams
http://www.publicsquarecommunities.com/community/elk/teams.php

Physical Image
No one listed???

Wellness
No one listed???
Elk Konnected Wellness Center Repored  to Close August 31, 2011

Youth Development
Nobody listed????

So lets take a head count, be sure not to count the same names twice.
Correct me if I am wrong, are the numbers astronomical,
NO!
I only count 7 people involved in the Steering Committee, And in the following Action Teams
Physical Image Action Team
and
Wellness Action Team
and
Youth Development Action Team
Are the ashamed to list others on their web site?
Are there any other people involved?
Or is this a way for a few to hog the glory of the newspaper?
I don't understand this organization one little bit, so help me out if you can? Where are all the members???
Oh wait a minute wasn't it stated on theis thread that there are no member's?
I just don't get it? Does it have employees??? Who get"s paid???
It is so small for an Limited Liability Company proclaiming all that it can do and does do for Elk County, don't you think?

And you know after being reported in our newspaper that a person is only allowed to serve on the Steering Committee for two years why is it that Liz Hendricks and David Whetstone appear to me to be permanent fixtures on the committee? That's why I keep asking who steers the steering committee, do you understand now why I keep asking questions?

There just does not appear to be any real clarification or definitive answers about this little club. I don't get it, does anyone else get it??? Come on David in California, clue us in??? David there is no plan"B" but since you are a donor surely you know everything there is to know about Elk Konnected. You know being a man in California you surely have the answers, since no one local does and since you are the only investor/donor to come forward. There is nothing for you to hide from is there?

Such a small small group of people, don't you think?

That is why, I personally feel the following statements and questions are appropriate and necessary.
But, I suggest you make your own decisions and not to follow anyone else's, especially mine.

" There are always individuals or small groups of individuals who try to distort facts by subjectively using them out of context, or in the case of imperical data, changing parameters of a statistical analysis so the numbers will fit a predetermined outcome.

When these individuals try to hide behind a cloak of anonymity, then others must ask why. "

" Pride costs us more than hunger, thirst, and cold."
    " How much pain the evils have cost us that never happened "

Jefferson

In my opinion the lack of definitive answers regarding Elk Konnected, LLC reflects the reality that nobody knows anything about who owns them or who the admitted members are or the admitted members are ashamed of being admitted members? It would be nice to have some clarification.

Ross

Quote from: Jefe de vaca on August 20, 2011, 08:24:29 AM
    What I see being the desire of this group is making the county better and I don't see it happening in hiding. The people I know personally that have given time and money to this venture are wonderful people ,i.e. Dr Arbuckle from Grenola.

Sure, I like Andrea too. I have used her on several occassions to take care of my horses. And I like her husband equally well. I enjoy visiting with him on Thursday mornings when he is in my drive picking up my trash. Adam is a terrific guy. But what does that have to do with the questions that have been asked about Elk Konnected. I do believe I have stated that this is not about any individual involved with Elk Konnected so I don't see no real point in your statement. Oh, did you have Andrea's conscent to disclose her financial contribution to Elk Konnected?

Mistakes are made, and as Julie said , rectified. It is quite difficult to get a concensus on any given thing , anywhere, let alone in a county like ours. We can all be hardheaded, hardnosed, and cantankerous , part of being Jayhawkers. We can also all be kind , loving, and giving, also part of being Jayhawkers.
Rectified??? How ??? By sweeping it under please the carpet??? I have not seen an appology one, printed in the paper for mistakes made by Elk Konnected to the citizens of Elk County, have you???

Give it a chance Ross.
Give what a chance??? Be specific please???

" There are always individuals or small groups of individuals who try to distort facts by subjectively using them out of context, or in the case of imperical data, changing parameters of a statistical analysis so the numbers will fit a predetermined outcome.

When these individuals try to hide behind a cloak of anonymity, then others must ask why. "

Jefferson

In my opinion the lack of definitive answers regarding Elk Konnected, LLC reflects the reality that nobody knows anything about who owns them or who the admitted members are or the admitted members are ashamed of being admitted members? It would be nice to have some clarification.

Hefe de vaca

I'm so glad you like the quotes from Jefferson. Perhaps some day you will understand what they mean.

redcliffsw

Senor Vaca, you seem much more supportive in the right to do anything in the "public interest" as the law of the land instead of the Constitution.  You're more like an Elk County Republican who thinks himself to be conservative and can't be.  What's your understanding of Jefferson - you appear to be more in line with Lincoln and the Marxists.

Ross

Quote from: redcliffsw on August 21, 2011, 11:41:21 AM
Senor Vaca, you seem much more supportive in the right to do anything in the "public interest" as the law of the land instead of the Constitution.  You're more like an Elk County Republican who thinks himself to be conservative and can't be.  What's your understanding of Jefferson - you appear to be more in line with Lincoln and the Marxists.
You go --- redcliff.

Hefe de vaca

Quote from: Jefe de vaca on August 21, 2011, 10:07:29 AM
      I'm so glad you like the quotes from Jefferson. Perhaps some day you will understand what they mean.
Again ::)

Ross

Jefferson

Quote from: Jefe de vaca on August 21, 2011, 06:59:11 PM
Again ::)
And perhaps you would be so inclined to enlighten us as to what you interpret them to mean.
Afterall most of us do not think like you do.
I do believe your interpretation would be different.

So go for it, enlighten us.

And perhaps you can explain why the Elk Konnected Wellness Center was a failure off of the planning stage?
Or perhaps another quote from you will help.
Quote from: Jefe de vaca on July 02, 2011, 08:54:03 PM
If you would ever give up your time to help "people wanting to start a business" ( some people don't know about the assistance the government has..... stupid people who don't know what they're talking about) , but wait, then you wouldn't have time to come up with your BS here.
    You will not likely see me waste another keystroke on you.

Didn't Elk Konnected LLC know about the help from the government???

They will help not only with start up but design and operation and book keeping won't they. They will even provide tutoring and executives that are suppose to be experts right? So couldn't Elk Konnected, LLC take it's own advice?

"Pride costs us morethan hunger, thirst, and cold."

Jefferson

But really Elk Konnected how about some answers to some really hot questions?

Who steers the steering committee?

Who are the admitted members who own, and run,
Elk Konnected?

How can seven people in an organization with no leader and no registered membership speak for the entire population of Elk County?

Who is their Leader?

kshillbillys

Phases of the Public Square 
Mobilize ( 3 - 9 months )
determine readiness and purpose for Public Square process, create Steering Committee, gain seed money investors  
Build Capacity ( 18 months )
interview citizens, hold community conversation & vision retreat, start citizen action teams, write progress story for regional funding partners who match local investors, attend Communities Conference 
Take Ownership ( 12 months )
choose local conveners to guide process, hold regional conversation with another community, write progress story for regional funding partners who again match local investors, engage the community and update goals, share progress at the annual Communities Conference
Accreditation ( every 2 years )
sustain the process (engaged community, up-to-date goals & action teams, regional conversation), share leadership of the annual Communities Conference, apply for "Public Square Community" accreditation and pay fee, be reviewed by a team of peers and funding partners, contribute reviewers for other accreditation applicants 
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

kshillbillys

*********Who steers the steering committee???*********
                 Why won't they Converse with us???
                        What are Their Real goals???
                               Questions Galore
Who are the admitted members who own, and run,
Elk Konnected?

How can seven people in an organization with no leader and no registered membership speak for the entire population of Elk County?

Who is their Leader
?

ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk