Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roma Jean Turner

Just curious...did anyone send these questions to the gmail.com address they had in their article?

Patriot

Quote from: sodbuster on August 07, 2011, 09:48:19 PM
They have no legal duty to do so...

You are correct.  I pointed out that fact as far back as April.  The fact that Elk Konnected, as a privately held company, has no disclosure requirement while it takes government money and uses taxpayer resources, is the very issue here.  And frankly, the more people who understand that fact, the better.

Transparency, when it comes to government, is at the very core of this thread.  If a company comes to the taxpayer's representatives asking for money, their core identity should be in open view.

In this case, however, we have a private, state registered, limited liability company, seeking that money by proxy through volunteers or followers or those who are called 'steering committee members'.  When that private group enlists government employees to seek and disburse taxpayer funds in their company name, something isn't right.  How is the public interest secured when they don't know who is legally responsible for taking or spending their tax dollars?  

When that private company sponsors and coordinates managed meetings and uses the 'outcomes' of those meetings to 1) infer to elected officials that the outcomes represent a broad public consensus concerning the use of public funds, and 2) to somehow fulfill their recognition requirements by some other private company, they are effectively sidestepping normal democratic processes in a representative republic by hiding the truth that they are, in fact, a private lobbying organization.  

When that same private group begins publicly taking credit for actions/events for which they provided nothing, the appearance that they are using taxpayer resources solely as a marketing/branding resource takes shape and is repulsive to the citizens.

When an elected official, in a legally and properly convened meeting of an elected government body answers questions regarding activities of the private company by using the term 'we', thereby admitting personal involvement with the private company, the appearance of impropriety emerges.  If that same public official denies that the private company takes public funds and then does not recuse but rather votes to give that same company public funds, the former appearance becomes more akin to one of undue influence and cronyism.  

Concerns for the public interest only increase when questions in an open, public forum about company ownership, in any venue, are met with bloviation, deflection and hollow defenses.  The stubborn silence and secrecy only makes matters worse.

No, Elk Konnected has no requirement to answer in this venue.  A moral responsibility?  Well, that's another matter, and the questioners are more than willing to let the court of public opinion make their own decision.  Elk Konnected, LLC's continued manipulations coupled with stubborn silence speaks volumes.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Patriot

Quote from: Roma Jean Turner on August 08, 2011, 07:30:17 AM
Just curious...did anyone send these questions to the gmail.com address they had in their article?

Roma Jean, I would suggest that private correspondence between two private parties defeats the need for open, public discussion and disclosure.  Such correspondences are easily edited when re-posted in public, and that can lead to nonproductive he said/she said arguments.  I, for one, would prefer a very open public discourse.

Roma Jean Turner

So Patriots answer, I am assuming is a NO.  Anybody else?

Ross

Quote from: Roma Jean Turner on August 08, 2011, 08:56:17 AM
So Patriots answer, I am assuming is a NO.  Anybody else?

Roma Jean did you fail to understand Patriots response. To me it was very concise and to the point.
That defeats the need for open, public discussion and disclosure.
I think it is pretty clear what he said. Here it is again, please re-read and try to understand.
They know we are here and they apparently don't wish to communicate with the taxpayers.
I use the word they because they are Anonymous. Even the volunteers/followers/defenders don't know who
THEY are. And to contact Anonymous by e-mail would be fruitless. Do you understand that?

Who are THEY?

Quote from: Patriot on August 08, 2011, 08:05:26 AM
Roma Jean, I would suggest that private correspondence between two private parties defeats the need for open, public discussion and disclosure.  Such correspondences are easily edited when re-posted in public, and that can lead to nonproductive he said/she said arguments.  I, for one, would prefer a very open public discourse.

But really Elk Konnected how about some answers to some really hot questions?

Who steers the steering committee?

Who are the admitted members who own, and run,
Elk Konnected?

Who is their Leader?

Are Elk Konnected and Elk Konnected, LLC one and the same? Or are they separate entities?

In my opinion the lack of definitive answers regarding Elk Konnected and Elk Konnected, LLC reflects the reality that nobody knows anything about who owns them or who the admitted members are or the admitted members are ashamed of being admitted members? It would be nice to have some clarification.

srkruzich

Quote from: Roma Jean Turner on August 08, 2011, 07:30:17 AM
YEP no answer.

Wouldn't matter cause even if i did get an answer, and posted it here folks would say i forged it.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Patriot

Quote from: srkruzich on August 08, 2011, 10:16:15 AM
YEP no answer.

Wouldn't matter cause even if i did get an answer, and posted it here folks would say i forged it.

Thanks for trying, Steve.  Guess the lack of honesty & transparency is deeply imbedded.

Roma Jean Turner

lYes Steve, Thankyou for simply answering my question.  It was a simple question easily answered with a YEs or No.  Don't recall asking for any long winded lectures in there anywhere. Just a Yes or No. 

Ross

To borrow from am earlier post from flintauqua:Quote

"There are always individuals or small groups of individuals who try to distort facts by subjectively using them out of context, or in the case of imperical data, changing parameters of a statistical analysis so the numbers will fit a predetermined outcome.  

When these individuals try to hide behind a cloak of anonymity, then others must ask why.
End quote.

So why not respond, to Srkruzich e-mail?
Why not respond to the questions posted on this forum?

In my opinion the lack of definitive answers regarding Elk Konnected and Elk Konnected, LLC reflects the reality that nobody knows anything about who owns them or who the admitted members are. It would be nice to have some clarification.

Who steers the steering committee?

Who are the admitted members who own, and run,
Elk Konnected?

Who is their Leader?

Are Elk Konnected and Elk Konnected, LLC one and the same? Or are they separate entities?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk