Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lookatmeknow!!

Oh, how many of you went out and supported the Howard Fair or are going to support the Longton Fair? I seen alot of nice people out entering items in the fair!! I was the one with sweat running down my back the whole fair, watch the kids show their animals and such!! It was a good time had by all!! Hot time, but still lots of fun!! Now, August 5-6 is the Longton fair, hope to see many of the same people out there!!

Oh, don't really know what Ross or Patriot looks like, but just wondering did you take  in the sight?? I volunteered at the fair, does that make me bad? Probably so, since volunteering doesn't seem to interest any one of you!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Ross

Quote from: Lookatmeknow!! on July 18, 2011, 02:02:05 PM
I volunteered at the fair, does that make me bad? Probably so, since volunteering doesn't seem to interest any one of you!!

Did Elk Konnected approve?
How dumb can you be to make such foolish remarks?
I'd volunteer also if I had a kid in 4-h or whatever.
In the meantime I will volunteer with my support of spending money at the fair.
How's that?
Volunteering can take on many aspects.

Did you volunteer with the West Elk Baseball team? Me neither.
Quote from: mayflower on July 18, 2011, 02:06:20 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D

Good point, Angie!

See note bottom left hand corner.

Lookatmeknow!!

Elk Konnect isn't part of the fair association, don't you know that!! Most people know that each fair has an association of members that make the fair run like it should. It takes all people and many volunteers, even people that don't have kids in 4-H. I know lots of people that help that don't have kids in 4-H. Steve Fielder does an amazing job with poultry and the rabbits and he has grandchildren, not in Elk county, in 4-H. Lots of others that help to make both Longton and Howard fairs run so smoothly!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Ross

Quote from: Lookatmeknow!! on July 18, 2011, 04:06:18 PM
Elk Konnect isn't part of the fair association, don't you know that!! Most people know that each fair has an association of members that make the fair run like it should. It takes all people and many volunteers, even people that don't have kids in 4-H. I know lots of people that help that don't have kids in 4-H. Steve Fielder does an amazing job with poultry and the rabbits and he has grandchildren, not in Elk county, in 4-H. Lots of others that help to make both Longton and Howard fairs run so smoothly!!

Right over your head.

Quote from: Lookatmeknow!! on July 18, 2011, 04:06:18 PM
Lots of others that help to make both Longton and Howard fairs run so smoothly!!

Ross

Questions of public funding are supposed to be political. We elect people, in no small part, because of the economic priorities they set and their ability to enact them.

readyaimduck

So you are saying that Elk Konnected have now infiltrated the 4-H Fairs, and the county fairs?

Ohhh    Mmmmmm  Geeeeee!

Proof? or just suspicion/trying to stir it up a bit?  I will have to say that the 4-H is an honered club, just like the armed forces clubs, and they are very one for all and all for one.  They will not come to the commissioners for money, unless they are asking for that money (which is actually set aside for a purpose) the 4-H is governed by the State.

I thought you may have had something with the comissioners and  the other inproprieties....but Ross...
this is out of my realm of even thinking logical. (and I do have a logical, yet imaginative mind...albeit different)

I have to disagree with you on that personal nature.
ready

jarhead

Quote from readyaimduck:
I will have to say that the 4-H is an honered club, just like the armed forces clubs

Armed Forces Club ? Now you are talking about something I know something about. Fort DeRussy---Waikiki Beach, Honolulu---1969----beer ,21 cents a bottle------------------------guess that's about all I remember about that !!! :)

Ross

Quote from: readyaimduck on July 18, 2011, 08:00:53 PM
So you are saying that Elk Konnected have now infiltrated the 4-H Fairs, and the county fairs?

Ohhh    Mmmmmm  Geeeeee!

Proof? or just suspicion/trying to stir it up a bit?  I will have to say that the 4-H is an honered club, just like the armed forces clubs, and they are very one for all and all for one.  They will not come to the commissioners for money, unless they are asking for that money (which is actually set aside for a purpose) the 4-H is governed by the State.

I thought you may have had something with the comissioners and  the other inproprieties....but Ross...
this is out of my realm of even thinking logical. (and I do have a logical, yet imaginative mind...albeit different)

I have to disagree with you on that personal nature.
ready

No, no Ready. The point was they are not and the fairs work great. But acording thier list they would change that:
Centrally located county fairgrounds with 1 fair - I (Big Idea's)
http://www.cascity.com/howard/forum/index.php/topic,11780.0.html

Wilma

What is wrong with a centrally located Elk County Fair as the official fair of the county?  Centrally located means somewhere east of Moline, west of Elk Falls and south of Howard.  One official county fair and the towns can keep their annual fairs if they want, but the official prizes for the purpose of going on to the state fair would be the ones awarded at the official fair of the county.  I don't see it happening until Longton and Howard can agree on it.  The area of the rodeo grounds would be ideal.  Of course, new buildings would have to be built with new pens, etc., but the rodeo arena is already there.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk