Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

Quote from: thatsMRSc2u on July 18, 2011, 08:56:07 AM
Uh .....since when has the government EVER been an open book? That boat sailed about ten minutes after the United States of America came into existence.
People have been calling for transparency in government. Haven't you heard? And it is happening.
Honesty, that's another thing.

Quote from: thatsMRSc2u on July 18, 2011, 08:56:07 AM
because SOME people like to get slapped on the back and told what a good person they are for doing it....kinda lame if you ask me...but then I was raised just to do it and not worry about who knew about it.

I guess you have never heard of human nature????
Also, I bet you have never turned down that slap on the back called a pay raise !!!!
That would be lame to accept that right?
A pay raise for doing a good job????
And yes, it's all about recognition.

Ross

Did anyone notice the very short story er paragraph in last weeks paper about the summer day camp???

Patriot

When the lines between privately held business and government become so blurred that you can't tell where one begins and the other ends... you have a problem.  When the players on both sides of those lines are one in the same, you risk tyranny and have lost liberty for those citizens who are outside the special interest influence.  'Go along to get along' takes on a whole new mening... and not a good one.  It isn't the manipulation of public policy by private special interests that made America a great nation.  In fact, quite the opposite is true.

Things like this go on in Washington or Topeka and folks go nuts.  People post to forums like this one, quoting nationally recognized authors, citing the Constitution or Declaration of Independence, threatening to tar & feather politicians and 'throw the bums out', attending marches & carrying signs, and writing scathing letters to the editor.  Yet when it happens in their own back yard, they find humor in it.  Couldn't happen here, so n so would never misdeal.  

Yes, some even choose to cite the Bible out of context to defend their folly.  (See Mat 6:1-4, Ref. Strong's G1654, regarding 'alms)...

Quote from: Catwoman on July 18, 2011, 08:27:38 AM
Actually, it says in the Bible to "let not your right hand know what your left hand has done"

OK, try this one on for size...

Rom 1:29-32    
Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Quote from: Catwoman on July 18, 2011, 08:27:38 AM
And by the way...There's been no progress made in these over 200 pages of this...

I wouldn't so heavily count on that.

So, who really wears the hats that run the cows?

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Ross

Good Christians everyone?
Poor at understanding politics?
Standing behind what they do not know?
Lord forgive them and lead them to the religious threads.
Amen.

thatsMRSc2u

This is just an observation.......government corruption is government corruption....no matter where it is.
Contrary to the opinion of the two Amigos on here ( those being Ross and Patriot) and their faithful sidekick aka cheerleader Red, I am against government corruption AND intrusion into my business.
   However, I am not subscribing to YOUR little pet agenda any more than I do to Ek or anybody elses. Which is probably why I am so popular amongst the religious and political nuts I know.
   I pop off at people I find pompous and aggravating.........always have always will :D so yall have a nice day lookin under rocks for the 1000 time figurin to find somethin that most likely never was there......but hey....everybody needs a hobby.

Catwoman

I am beginning to believe that the number of days exceeding 100 degrees we have had in Sedgwick County must be coming from the excessive hot air being emitted down there by the PatRoss contingent...LOL.... ;) ;D

Patriot

Quote from: Catwoman on July 18, 2011, 10:03:46 AM
I am beginning to believe that the number of days exceeding 100 degrees we have had in Sedgwick County must be coming from the excessive hot air being emitted down there by the PatRoss contingent...LOL.... ;) ;D

whisperering
backbiting
without understanding
implacable

Take your pick. 
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Catwoman

Now, Pat...Don't be so hard on Ross and yourself...You two aren't really all that bad, you know... ;) ;D

Ross

Quote from: thatsMRSc2u on July 18, 2011, 10:01:38 AM
  This is just an observation.......government corruption is government corruption....no matter where it is.
Contrary to the opinion of the two Amigos on here ( those being Ross and Patriot) and their faithful sidekick aka cheerleader Red, I am against government corruption AND intrusion into my business.
  However, I am not subscribing to YOUR little pet agenda any more than I do to Ek or anybody elses. Which is probably why I am so popular amongst the religious and political nuts I know.
  I pop off at people I find pompous and aggravating.........always have always will :D so yall have a nice day lookin under rocks for the 1000 time figurin to find somethin that most likely never was there......but hey....everybody needs a hobby.

And I guess your hobby are putting people down and bitchin?
Oh and supporting that which you don't know. Right?

Have fun with that!

Ross

I just had to drag this over here from http://www.cascity.com/howard/forum/index.php/topic,12233.msg168715.html

Quote from: flintauqua on July 18, 2011, 11:38:19 AM
Why is a method that is used extensively to seek consensus about the future direction of a company or organization so scary to certain individuals?

http://www.rand.org/international_programs/pardee/pubs/futures_method/delphi.html

"Many factors discourage effective due diligence, from people's psychological tendency to misestimate novel risks to political and institutional pressures that favor short-term results. Long-term policy analysis, however, can help overcome these barriers by identifying these key actions, communicating their importance to diverse audiences, and suggesting the policies and incentives needed to encourage these actions and sustain them over time."

Quote from: flintauqua on July 18, 2011, 11:38:19 AM
Why is a method that is used extensively to seek consensus about the future direction of a company or organization so scary to certain individuals?

It's how Your concensus is developed. But I do believe our county works on votes and you can't get them so you use your concensus of the very few volunteers that you can get. CONSENSUS - Definition of consensus: Middle ground in decision making, between total assent and total disagreement. But disagreement of any kind is disallowed, right? Where is the sheriff???

Quote from: Ross on July 18, 2011, 11:48:26 AM
In my opinion you can manipulate all the people you want, just keep out of local government and school boards or come out and be truthful about what yoou are doing it or both. Thanks for telling the people you belive in manipulation of the ignorant by putting them in circles of chairs and telling them how to think, what to think, and who to think with. Good job flintauqua, I couldn't have said it better. In fact I have been trying to enlighten the folk and so have others. Perhaps they will listen to your words. Again I say, "Good Job".
[/size]

But then you are not an admitted member of Elk Konnected are you?
You don't even know who the admitted members are, do you, or who the people are that own Elk Konnected?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk