Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

Quote from: sixdogsmom on May 01, 2011, 06:32:06 PM
I have been trying my darndest to see the good for the county that EK has done...  
Whooosh! Folks, that is not a tornado overhead; it is the sound of our tax dollars (PILOT=payment in lie of taxes) headed for Howard. Watch Us As We Grow!  ???

Mix the power of government with the undue influence of a private endeavor and there might be many who eventually, through no fault of their own, end up on the short end of a very messy stick.  

Mom, I've disagreed with some things you've posted in the last 3 years or so, but on this important issue, you are being far more intellectually honest and realistic than others who would defend something based on shallow observations (hot dogs & lollipops) & hearsay while ignoring facts and provable outcomes (lost jobs, etc.) or waste their energies on petty personal pursuits.  Keep telling it like it is.... someday others will perhaps listen.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on May 01, 2011, 05:49:56 PM
Sorry Ross, it wasn't personal. Perhaps compromise isn't the right word. I'm not sure how to say what I mean, so I'll think about it more.

Apology accepted even though one was not necessary. I odn't always get the right word or terminology either.

srkruzich

Quote from: flintauqua on May 01, 2011, 06:59:29 PM
Do you know the definition of hypocrisy?  Is the word even in your vocabulary?  Oh you must a dictionary that was written for and by the reactionary right.

How do we know you are not soliciting votes or monies? 

Since no one besides you knows who you are, you could be preparing to run against Liz Hendricks for county commissioner next year. 

Perhaps you own a construction company that has been denied a contract from the county or school system in the past. 

Maybe you own land adjacent to the windfarm and are ticked-off that you weren't included in it.

We, the open and honest members of this Forum do not know much about you, but it is rather apparent that you are so insecure in your method of debate that you have to do it from behind a mask.

If it were 200 years ago, I would challenge you to a honor deul, similar to Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton.  One giant difference - neither Burr or Hamilton hid behind a mask!
Good lord.  Your worse in that your attempt to deflect the topic away from the real issues at hand.  WHo gives a rats ass who Patriot is.  He apparantly isn't a GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL.  Otherwise he would be defending the current status quo. 
DO you even have a clue as to what it means to have a open and honest transparant government in which its members have no ties to corporations that do business with the counties in which it operates in?   ITS quite plain to see that this is what is going on.  New ball parks, fitness centers, ect.... Why does a private corp receive tax dollars to fund its operations, so that they can provide fitness centers and ballparks among other activities.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Patriot

Do you know the definition of hypocrisy?  Is the word even in your vocabulary?  Oh you must a dictionary that was written for and by the reactionary right.

How do we know you are not soliciting votes or monies? 

Since no one besides you knows who you are, you could be preparing to run against Liz Hendricks for county commissioner next year. 

Perhaps you own a construction company that has been denied a contract from the county or school system in the past. 

Maybe you own land adjacent to the windfarm and are ticked-off that you weren't included in it.

We, the open and honest members of this Forum do not know much about you, but it is rather apparent that you are so insecure in your method of debate that you have to do it from behind a mask.

If it were 200 years ago, I would challenge you to a honor deul, similar to Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton.  One giant difference - neither Burr or Hamilton hid behind a mask!

Definition of HYPOCRISY
1: a feigning to be what one is not or to believe what one does not

I'm not pretending to be anything other than a citizen who has views about the mix of a private company and the county government and one who believes that decisions, especially in the arena of community future, should be made with the benefit of as many open facts as are possibly available. 

If any of the questions you present change the importance of information I've been saying needs to be in public view, then you are indeed are somehow blinded.

In fact, other than your online, self enhancing resume, I know virtually nothing about the 'open and honest members of this forum'.  Which is about as much as many of them know about me.  No harm, no foul.

Dueling?  Man, you are in need of help.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

kshillbillys

Patriot---I could care less who you are. I read your posts and they are interesting and I don't care what your name is.

NOT EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM CARES WHO SAYS WHAT! --------KSHILLBILLYS
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Ross

Quote from: kshillbillys on May 01, 2011, 07:23:55 PM
Patriot---I could care less who you are. I read your posts and they are interesting and I don't care what your name is.

NOT EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM CARES WHO SAYS WHAT! --------KSHILLBILLYS
Amen. Although I have met him ---he is real --- he walks, he talks --- oop's I better stop. LOL

Ross

Quote from: srkruzich on May 01, 2011, 07:13:33 PM
Good lord.  Your worse in that your attempt to deflect the topic away from the real issues at hand.  WHo gives a rats ass who Patriot is.  He apparantly isn't a GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL.  Otherwise he would be defending the current status quo. 
DO you even have a clue as to what it means to have a open and honest transparant government in which its members have no ties to corporations that do business with the counties in which it operates in?   ITS quite plain to see that this is what is going on.  New ball parks, fitness centers, ect.... Why does a private corp receive tax dollars to fund its operations, so that they can provide fitness centers and ballparks among other activities.

Elk County employs an economic development/youth services person. Now that employee is being overworked by Elk Konnected LLC. The poor girl. She is new and already learning about the politics of her position. Elk konnected LLC I have been told by a reliable source has been sending her to ask for donations for them a Chamber of Commerce. She has been told no and she was asked to have them send someone else. I probably shouldn't even have mentioned this because I am not at liberty to quote my source, but my sympathies are with the new young employee. Elk Konnected is trying to get money all over the place and that is the nature of running a non-profit business. I get e-mails and snail mails ask for money all te time and get pretty tired of it.

Ross

Is that they way they do it in NW Arkansas??

srkruzich

ROTFLMBO   The shits getting over my hip waders now..... 200 years ago, this wouldn't be a issue. FOlks knew that government is government and private business is private business and never should the two copulate and become one.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

pepelect

Quote from: sixdogsmom on May 01, 2011, 06:32:06 PM
I have been trying my darndest to see the good for the county that EK has done. Since 2007 Moline has had their nursing home shut down by the county. Let's see, this directly benefited Howard whose nursing home received the residents from Elk Manor, thus assuring them capacity. Several Moline folks lost their jobs as a result, and Moline residents can no longer look to spend their final months/years in a facility in their home town.
I think you are not remembering the facts on this.   The county did not shut down the manor.  They sold it.  For like a dollar.  The management company that purchased it ran it for a while then pulled up stakes.  They could not run the facility at a profit. The less than half a dozen residents that went to Twilight Manor were a minority of the total population.  Most went to facilities closer to family. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk