Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on July 09, 2015, 09:06:54 AM
Again with the labels.

Diane is a label, so just name me one thing that does not have a label?
Even you have a label and possibly many more labels that I am not aware of.
I know of two other labels and that would be Amberg and Mrs.

So what is your point about labels?

[quote author=Diane Amberg link=topic=11780.msg225620#msg225620 date=1436454414
What would you prefer? Go back to candles? If they were so great why did they fall out of favor? If air conditioning was such a waste, why did most everyone embrace it once it became available and more reasonable in price?
I guess we could still wash our clothes by pounding them on a rock, but for most people, why?  Shall we take the country folks electricity away again after so much was done ,and paid for by other people's taxes, to bring it to unprofitable areas?
Do people really like hauling water? Would they still do it if they didn't have to?
The Amish still have that simple way of life and even they embrace a more modern, safer lifestyle now.
[/quote]

We would prefer not to be ripped of by an industry that cost us more money than what it is worth, an industry that is built on the backs of taxpayers and utility users that gain nothing from it.

Simply read the article for further comprehension, read it twice word for word.

This is not about coal or nuclear or natural gas being used to generate power.

This is not about going backwards, this is about doing financial damage by wind farms.
The article is also about physical damage by wind farms to the bird population.
It is illegal for anyone else to kill an American Bald Eagle but okay for wind farms.
The article also discusses harm to people that live near the wind farms.

I hope you can reread and comprehend what the article says.

I hope you are having a good day Diane, I sure am.

Ross

Bullwinkle

Ross, I have to use a phrase an old man used on me. " I hate to be the one to tell you", but this article has so many fallacies about wind farms , I have to tell you to do more research as to factual evidence and not pick an obvious article that is only meant to convince people it is not worth doing. Solar power is given much more in the way of subsidies. The coal industry receives even more.

I have seen only two turkey buzzards killed in the time this farm has been operating. The claim it causes people to have health issues from being close is also not backed by factual evidence. The power companies are building , or rebuilding transmission lines because they need them to insure uninterrupted power and route power around damaged lines. A lot of the grid is ancient, built many moons ago.

True, sometimes when the power is needed most, it isn't there. The wind doesn't always blow. Solar needs the grid to even function, however.

Ross

Quote from: Bullwinkle on July 11, 2015, 04:03:49 PM
     Ross, I have to use a phrase an old man used on me. " I hate to be the one to tell you", but this article has so many fallacies about wind farms , I have to tell you to do more research as to factual evidence and not pick an obvious article that is only meant to convince people it is not worth doing. Solar power is given much more in the way of subsidies. The coal industry receives even more.

I have seen only two turkey buzzards killed in the time this farm has been operating. The claim it causes people to have health issues from being close is also not backed by factual evidence. The power companies are building , or rebuilding transmission lines because they need them to insure uninterrupted power and route power around damaged lines. A lot of the grid is ancient, built many moons ago.

True, sometimes when the power is needed most, it isn't there. The wind doesn't always blow. Solar needs the grid to even function, however.

redcliffsw

I'm not sure if this article has any fallacies.  I do know that the U S Constitution does not provide for taking from some and giving to others.  Certainly the Wind Power industry is favored by the government over its own people and other electrical producers.

Just because the government gives favors to industries and is in cahoots with them, that doesn't make it OK.  Fascism. 

That's tyranny, not patriotism. 

Tyrants support Wind Power.

Diane Amberg

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D That sounds like the lady recently at a fire works display who climbed on the top of the stand- by fire engine and wouldn't come down because there wasn't anything that said she couldn't be up there. Sometimes things just are.
Hey, lets say that all people who wear clothes with zippers are fascists because the founding fathers didn't have them. How's that for silly? :angel:

redcliffsw

Silly?  I'm not silly but you calling me silly.   That's how you government people are.

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on July 12, 2015, 08:07:39 AM
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D That sounds like the lady recently at a fire works display who climbed on the top of the stand- by fire engine and wouldn't come down because there wasn't anything that said she couldn't be up there. Sometimes things just are.
Hey, lets say that all people who wear clothes with zippers are fascists because the founding fathers didn't have them. How's that for silly? :angel:

Welcome back Diane.
Didn't you say, you were done with this thread.

Nothing silly about your comment it just
Sounds like Looney Left Liberalism to me.

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on July 09, 2015, 09:06:54 AM
Again with the labels. What would you prefer? Go back to candles? If they were so great why did they fall out of favor? If air conditioning was such a waste, why did most everyone embrace it once it became available and more reasonable in price?
I guess we could still wash our clothes by pounding them on a rock, but for most people, why?  Shall we take the country folks electricity away again after so much was done ,and paid for by other people's taxes, to bring it to unprofitable areas?
Do people really like hauling water? Would they still do it if they didn't have to?
The Amish still have that simple way of life and even they embrace a more modern, safer lifestyle now.
he's calling a spade a spade.  I agree with him that its fascism.  yes same sh** hitler did.
He didn't nor did anyone else say AC, lights, and washing machines were a waste.  They after all weren't built and produced by tax dollars. They were in fact, invented, designed, produced entirely by captial investment.  WHy? because the product would sell and produce a profit on its own without stealing the taxdollar from the citizen of the US like they do with windfarms solar farms and ethanol as well as farming.  Take that subsidy away and let em stand on their own or fail on their own. 
IF its a genuine need and wanted product then by God the public will buy it. IF NOT, then it will fail.   
As for the water, we are getting hosed by the folks that run the water company. I prefer drilling a well and have my own damn water. BUt round here you can't do that.  More government regulation.   
Time to get the government out of our lives and back to doing what it was created for in the first place
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

srkruzich

Quote from: Joesue23 on June 19, 2015, 09:34:22 AM
Ross you are one rude , idiot. Look back at a time before you were on the Forum and see how many were posting, when you do you will see it is obvious that you ran everyone off . Your are one rude idiot.

Honestly if you can't take the heat why are you in here. quit yer bitchin
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk