Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ELK@KC

Quote from: daisy on November 25, 2012, 09:22:38 AM
Just a note Ross to let you know that you are wrong about there being 7 school board members.  I am pretty sure that there are 6, as Moline does not have a representative.  Lisa Townsley was, but resigned the position noting that she was too busy with other endeavors and could not give it the time that it requires.  She only took it because no one else ran for the position, and as of now no one has stepped up to replace her. 

And my curiosity has gotten to me, why do you worry so much about West Elk's school board and so little about Elk Valley's?  Especially since Elk Valley has raised their mill levy and your son attends school there.  Have you questioned them about their reasoning why they would raise the amount of money that tax payers must contribute?
Just more evidence that Ross and company are just trying to stir up trouble. They don't want the facts.

Ross

Just a note Ross to let you know that you are wrong about there being 7 school board members.  I am pretty sure that there are 6, as Moline does not have a representative.  Lisa Townsley was, but resigned the position noting that she was too busy with other endeavors and could not give it the time that it requires.  She only took it because no one else ran for the position, and as of now no one has stepped up to replace her. 

They just recently redistricted the West Elk School District and I have been informed that they now have another member.
I believe this redistricting will permit them the opportunity to include more konnected members as time passes, just an added thought. But we may never know because the so called members seem to stay in hiding. You know like "The Old Guard" ?

And my curiosity has gotten to me, why do you worry so much about West Elk's school board and so little about Elk Valley's?  Especially, since Elk Valley has raised their mill levy and your son attends school there.  Have you questioned them about their reasoning why they would raise the amount of money that tax payers must contribute?

Because, I live and pay taxes in the West Elk School District and not in the Elk Valley School District!
Thus making these school board members my business as the governing body of the school district in which I live.

The rest is personal business.

Do I know you Daisy, I'm guessing I must but my two brain cells just aren't connecting the dot's and that is only two dot's. LOL

Patriot

Quote from: ELK@KC on November 25, 2012, 10:34:51 AM
Just more evidence that Ross and company are just trying to stir up trouble. They don't want the facts.

In spite of months of diversion, personal assault & stonewalling, "Ross and company" have presented more clear evidence of questionable actions on the part of local government than you can shake a stick at.  Evidence that has been gleaned from personal observation, documentation and public record.  As is with all history, there are always those who will ignore reality and blindly defend wrongdoing with a vengeance.  Evidence?  I'm not sure you would know real evidence if it landed on your dinner table wrapped in gold.  Sorry you're on that side of the fence.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

proelkco

Do you Ross and Patriot think the whole county is corrupt?  There are good and honest people on all the school boards and the county commission so why do question their every move.

Ross

Quote from: ELK@KC on November 25, 2012, 10:34:51 AM

And you sir with no questions or answers only appear to want to be ugly and no help what so ever!
Yet another trait of a konnected follower, or so it seems.

You would, it appears, would prefer, that people didn't question or know about your konnected followers doings, isn't that a fact?

Patriot

Quote from: proelkco on November 25, 2012, 11:12:46 AM
Do you Ross and Patriot think the whole county is corrupt?  There are good and honest people on all the school boards and the county commission so why do question their every move.

No.

There are a few.

Because, as citizens, taxpayers and voters, it is our duty to inspect that which we elect.  And we don't question their 'every move'.  Only those 'moves' that appear to be inappropriate or not in the taxpayers best interests.

For example, Liebau telling maintenance NOT to do something that the entire board had agreed to 30 minutes earlier.  When any one commissioner thinks they are all powerful, the basic foundation of a representative government is undermined.

For example, expecting elected officials to comply with open meetings laws and advising the public when they don't.

If you are offended by such public oversight, then perhaps you misunderstand the American form of government.

Ross

Do you Ross and Patriot think the whole county is corrupt?  There are good and honest people on all the school boards and the county commission so why do question their every move.

How arrogantly ignorant and/or condencending of our constitutional rights can you get?

Yet another trait of a konnected follower, or so it seems.

Our governing bodies are our constitutional right to monitor and question as voters, citizens and taxpayers.
It is our money they are using or possibly wasting, so yes we question.

And that seems to bother you, why?

I will leave the to their shenanigans when they return my money and become a communistic organization, so until then live with it.

Patriot

...why do question their every move.

As an afterthought, proelkco, the 4th estate (media) used to do the job of watching, reporting and even questioning the acts of elected officials.  The press (the likes of the Prairie Star), long ago abrogated that responsibility.  Now, they selectively print/report only what government officials spoon feed them.  Who, if not concerned citizens, are watching?  

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.  If you doubt that, just look at the behaviors of some of our elected (and unelected) government officials... and not just at the federal level.

Mom70x7

Just curious - how many school board meetings have you guys attended? I haven't gone to any this past year, but for several years I was at all the meetings. I know how they are run, how the members think. Not hearsay, but actuality because I was there.

proelkco

Ross and Patriot why do you have to be so hateful and arrogant to everyone that does not agree with you.? The people I converse with like the Prarie Star paper. And Ross why in the world do you call people followers when they don't agree with you? Patriot  there is not one commissioner that thinks they are all powerful. You are very narrow minded.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk