Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mom70x7

Quote from: Patriot on May 23, 2011, 09:26:40 PM
About that $118,000 you mentioned.  Was it really 'raised' as in from voluntary local donations, or was was it received in the form of a grant (read: taxpayer monies) of some kind?

I don't have a list of all the scholarships - but I do know that quite a few of them are from locally raised money, voluntarily given - some just this year, some from several years in the past. Fund raisers have been held throughout the year, as in years past, raising money for scholarships.

Patriot

Quote from: Mom70x7 on May 23, 2011, 09:41:28 PM
I don't have a list of all the scholarships - but I do know that quite a few of them are from locally raised money, voluntarily given - some just this year, some from several years in the past. Fund raisers have been held throughout the year, as in years past, raising money for scholarships.

I never said that local donations weren't part of the mix.  Was just inquiring as to the breakdown.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

pepelect

Quote from: Patriot on May 23, 2011, 09:26:40 PM
You, sir, are a truly interesting creature.  But I believe that most readers here are too smart to be fooled by such amateur silliness.
About that $118,000 you mentioned.  Was it really 'raised' as in from voluntary local donations, or was was it received in the form of a grant (read: taxpayer monies) of some kind?
Every bit of the local money came from local sources.  

The state and national scholarships were additional to the local money.  It totaled $285,000.    They earn this much this year by getting good grades with no help from you or your vote no posse.  I can imagine what they could accomplish with some local support.

It was a total for west elk only of$403,000.  I have no idea how much more was received my elk valley students I don't have any EV information.

Patriot

Quote from: PATRIOT, LLC. on May 23, 2011, 09:46:17 PM
 Every bit of the local money came from local sources.  

The state and national scholarships were additional to the local money.  It totaled $285,000.    They earn this much this year by getting good grades with no help from you or your vote no posse.  I can imagine what they could accomplish with some local support.

It was a total for west elk only of$403,000.  I have no idea how much more was received my elk valley students I don't have any EV information.

First, thanks for the honest quote.

I have no doubt that local money was local money.  But how much of the 118K was local money?  And was that all through Elk Konnected, LLC.?

You said, "I can imagine what they could accomplish with some local support."  But I thought you said there was local support.  Which is it?

jarhead

Quote from AC/DC
every bit of the local money came from local sources.

Damn boy---there's a political answer !! You got a future in politics 

Patriot

Quote from: jarhead on May 23, 2011, 09:55:28 PM
Quote from AC/DC
every bit of the local money came from local sources.

Damn boy---there's a political answer !! You got a future in politics 

LMAO!

pepelect

100% of the $118,000 was from a taxable entity.  None was from EK llc.  But an a lot of elk konnected supporters support and provide funding for the scholarships.  I could  name on one hand the number of scholarships any vote-no my money has ever sponsored, unless you count family.  You are always real quick to point out the nepotism.

Call Debbie Zellner if you are interested in sponsoring a scholarship.  I am sure she can give you every name of every scholarship, the amount given and the number of years that scholarship has been given, and who received what when.  

Local funds could come from local taxes. I would forgo a load of rock to put a kid in college.  It would be better spent than paying a salary for another layer of management like a county manager.  

What is $400,000 times 15 years?  

Why would we want to improve a school system that can educate to a level that national scholarships are the norm.  Why would reward the staff for such an accomplishment by freezing their pay?  Layoff the support staff.  Cut days of schools to more time off than on.  Fix ancient buildings do not improve technology.  There are no tech jobs no go back to the slate.  And chalk..  Laptops are a complete waste of tax dollars.

Patriot

Quote from: PATRIOT, LLC. on May 23, 2011, 10:30:49 PM
100% of the $118,000 was from a taxable entity.  None was from EK llc.

That's a start, I suppose.  If I understand what you are trying to say, the $118K was paid by another non-government entity (a person, company, partnership, etc.) other than EK, LLC.  I presume that party must wish to remain anonymous since you didn't identify the source.  That's great.

But an a lot of elk konnected supporters support and provide funding for the scholarships.  I could  name on one hand the number of scholarships any vote-no my money has ever sponsored, unless you count family.  You are always real quick to point out the nepotism.

I'm sure a lot of people both affiliated and not affiliated with EK have given to any number of worthy causes.  People should be free to do with their personal funds whatever they wish.  I'm not sure what 'vote-no money' is, and I can't see how nepotism has any relevance in the content of this post.

Call Debbie Zellner if you are interested in sponsoring a scholarship.  I am sure she can give you every name of every scholarship, the amount given and the number of years that scholarship has been given, and who received what when.  

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Local funds could come from local taxes. I would forgo a load of rock to put a kid in college. 

If the community wants tax funds used in this way and such use does not detract from the primary functions of government.  As for your load of whatever... at $6-$8 a ton, a 15 ton load won't buy much education.  Moreover, I suspect many folks would say that infrastructure maintenance would be a priority over post-secondary education when it comes to the basic functions of government.

It would be better spent than paying a salary for another layer of management like a county manager.   

Unless having such a manager sufficiently enhanced operations so as to result in more efficiency and/or more effective use of existing resources.  Those who have studied management understand how the proper applications of the functions of management by utilizing effective scope and delegation can vastly improve the performance of an organization.

What is $400,000 times 15 years?  

$6 Million.  Your point?

Why would we want to improve a school system that can educate to a level that national scholarships are the norm.  Why would reward the staff for such an accomplishment by freezing their pay?  Layoff the support staff.  Cut days of schools to more time off than on.  Fix ancient buildings do not improve technology.

I don't believe anyone here has advocated disassembling the primary & secondary school systems.  However, I think many would say that much of the money put into the primary & secondary educational systems could be better used (i.e. paying more to quality teachers, providing more for quality classroom supplies & equipment, and less to bloated administrator salaries).

There are no tech jobs no go back to the slate.  And chalk..  Laptops are a complete waste of tax dollars.

The rest of your statement lacks sufficient coherence to warrant any response other than to say that additional spending for the development of good communication skills (like grammar, punctuation & thought development) might be warranted in some cases.

This is progress, I think.  Can you enlighten us as to the tax status of Elk Konnected, LLC?  Has it elected to be taxed as a corporation, partnership or sole proprietorship?  Is it organized for profit?  Is it classified as a tax exempt entity under Internal Revenue Section 501(c)(3)? 

I, for one, am excited to hear from an official spokesperson from Elk Konnected, LLC.  You are an official spokesperson for the LLC, right?

Ross

Quote from: flintauqua on May 23, 2011, 08:34:02 PM
Difference between Patrick and Ross/Patriot - Patrick is a little less polite with his accusations and insinuations.

No, sorry I have to disagree with you that just lacked any kind of class and was just plain nasty and ugly.
Sounded a whole lot like a high school bully.

Ross

An E-mail from the Kansas Department of Commerce to myself. Kansas Department of Commerce does operate on tax payers dollars.

Ross,

I found out that our agency provided a one-time $3,000 "scholarship" to Elk Konnected in September of 2008.  Upon receipt of a required report, these types of contributions were available to communities/counties to help them with the cost of participating in Public Square.   

I hope this helps.  Commerce has no control over the projects or initiatives that arise from the sessions conducted between Public Square & Elk Konnected.  It's basically community driven from what I understand.  However I'm not an expert on it but I have sat in on multiple sessions in other communities.  Again, you might visit with Elk Konnected reps. if you disagree with any of their goals or objectives. 

Thanks,

Craig

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk