Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flintauqua

Quote from: jarhead on March 16, 2012, 07:21:16 PM
Could I ask why you have changed your mind and now trust most of the citizens? Just asking.

Everyone makes statements they wish they hadn't.  Especially in the heat of the moment and in response to incendiary statements by others.

I believe learning from one's mistakes is probably the most humbling, but in the end the most important thing one can do throughout their life.
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

Catwoman

You're a good man, Charlie.  I agree with you.

Ross

Quote from: flintauqua on March 16, 2012, 07:36:38 PM
Thank you Ross for an actual answer to the prior question.  I agree that the NDAA and several previous acts, including the Patriot Act, contain clauses that violate the Bill of Rights.

I have my hands plenty full even though I am retired, so I may not respond as quickly as some might like.
But you know, this is just not the same country I was born into, it has drastically changed from when I was a child.
When I was a kid growing up in the '50's durn near everyone was your parent, durn near everyone looked out for a child. They even called your momma and your momma knew what trouble you got into before you got home.

I don't agree with your connection between this Federal edict and the actions of the Elk County Commission, but you and I will probably never agree on most of their actions.

But, we do have a privately owned company holding two out of three seats on the County Commissioners Board.
Which gives the privately owned company control of our local government.
And half of the counrty is hollaring about corporate america controlling our Federal Government.

I would love to see what else we might agree on.  Here's one to think about.
I can agree to disagree.

At what point in time will the Federal Government stop running on Continuing Resolutions and actually pass on Annual Budget, on time.  Is this a violation of our collective rights?  Who's to blame:  The Executive Branch, The Senate, The House, Tea Party Republicans, non-Tea Party Republicans, Democrats, George Soros, the Koch Brothers, you, me, us, no one, everyone?

As I said this is not the country I was born into, it has changed in my opinion for the worst..

We the people sit back and do nothing, but I think we will soon be seeing some that take action soon.
And, I fear that the police state will then become a military state, martial law even.
There has been plenty of evidence of a possible military action on our very own lands.
Only time will tell.

Look forward to your thoughts.  Goodnight.  This ardent Wildcat has to root for the Jayhawks tonight to have any shot at having a better bracket then my wife, since the WuShocks and Mizzou went down in flames in the first round.

I know, I can be an obstinate bastard, military training never wears off. But i believe in the truth overtact and diplomacy.
That's why when I was considering becoming a military officer, I said hell no. That's why I made E-4 twice, E-5 twice ane E-6 once. I was prepared for E-7 and decided I did not want to grow old and fat behind a desk and I had also lost connfidence in the military of the '70 and quit. But it was an educational and fun 10 years, and I have no regrets. I am still in touch with a number of my old military buddies from the "60 and 70's which is great fun.

Well I'll soon be off to bed, so good night flint.

Ross

Quote from: flintauqua on March 16, 2012, 07:42:23 PM
Everyone makes statements they wish they hadn't.  Especially in the heat of the moment and in response to incendiary statements by others.

Boy is that ever true. we all do it sooner or later.

Quote from: flintauqua on March 16, 2012, 07:42:23 PM
I believe learning from one's mistakes is probably the most humbling, but in the end the most important thing one can do throughout their life.

I'm human too Flint and I whole heartly agree on that.

See Flint we can agree on a few things.
Remeber when I met you in Howard, I enjoyed that visit even though, I knew right off we did not see eye to ey on some things. But we could still talk and be civil.

Rest assured, I have nothing personal against you, concerning this thread.
I too think you are a good man.
We just disagree on some things.

flintauqua

Quote from: Ross on March 16, 2012, 09:23:47 PM
Remeber when I met you in Howard, I enjoyed that visit even though, I knew right off we did not see eye to ey on some things. But we could still talk and be civil.

If we have met, I do not remember when.  Was it before or after January '06? 

I am Charles Durbin, younger son of Mahlon Durbin.  Perhaps you have me confused with my older brother Dan, or perhaps with another member of the Durbin clan, as there are a lot of us.
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

Ross

I think, I met you at the ,itt,e Mexican restraunt in Howard.

We had a talk on the side walk just outside the restraunt door.
I thought you said yiu were flintaqua.
That was about 8 months ago.

Perhaps I 'm wrong.

Warph

Charles... were you able to use that info on 'copying off snopes' that I sent you.  Seems you forgot to let me know how you came out.  Were you able to make it work?
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Varmit

Quote from: Diane Amberg on March 16, 2012, 11:05:28 AM
Red, I want specifics! You are avoiding the question again. What liberties have you personally lost?
 I guarantee I know more about American history than you ever could ever know.

"Ever could ever know.." Perhaps less time spent on history and a little more applied to grammar would have been beneficial??
Seriously though, that is probably the most self-inflated comment I have seen in a long time!

QuoteI'm married to an expert, have grown up where it all took place, have visited most every historical site on the east coast, and have read many books and biographies and autobiographies. Al has just about overdosed on it all.

And yet you still don't know a damn thing about or have yet to grasp the true meaning of the word American.  Your being married to an "expert" doesn't mean a thing.  If that were the case than every person married to a nurse or doctor would have just as much knowledge in that subject as their spouse so your logic is so completely flawed it is beyond laughable.

QuoteLiberty is much more than being able to have a gun! The early settlers had a different attitude because they almost all hunted food and those who could afford it owned weapons. Some hunted game to sell to the shops and inns in towns and along travel routes. That isn't the case any more .Even hunters see it more as recreation than having to put food on the table or starve.

Wrong again dummy!  If that were the case than the Founders would have made it clear in the Constitution that firearm ownership was to be protected so folks could hunt. But no, they included the Right to Bear Arms so that the people would have a way to defend themselves against gov't oppression.  Don't believe me look it up.

It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on March 16, 2012, 11:05:28 AM

Liberty is much more than being able to have a gun! The early settlers had a different attitude because they almost all hunted food and those who could afford it owned weapons.
what version of history are you quoting from?  A gun was owned by most people in this country IF you didn't have one your life was very short.  Between hostile indians, wildlife, ect you wouldn't survive without one.  Every household in most of the country had at least a rifle or a shotgun.  When my folks first arrived in this country in the 1800's at eliis, the first things they bought before setting out was guns and ammo.  Theres weapons in my family  that date back to 1700's that have been passed down from generation to generation.  Sorry but your facts are skewed!

there was in the 1800's tighter gun control laws in a lot of the cities.  Dodge city, deadwood sd, kansas city ect all forced visitors to check their guns in at the sherrifs office.  It really didn't make the town safer but made them feel good.

Quote.Even hunters see it more as recreation than having to put food on the table or starve.
Well thats debatable.  I see some city folks that have delusions of grandeur in buying a hi-calibre weapon and going out and getting that mythical 40 point buck.  But they aren't hunters.  Seen enough of them.  I saw one proudly drove into a game check station talking he had to chase his deer up a hill to get it.  He shot the farmers sheep.

QuoteYou can pretty much do whatever you can afford to do as long as it doesn't affect the safety and welfare of others.
What does that have to do with the ownership and use and bearing of arms.  IF soem criminal decides to attack me, i'm damn sure going to affect his safety and welfare.  He's going to be taking the great celestial dirt nap.

QuoteIf you want to see what is was like long ago, visit Williamsburg. It's a good depiction of a lot, not all of course. You'll find none of the old common fatal diseases there.

Williamsburg?  ROTFLMBO.  Geeze.  even back in the 1600 most everyone had a gun.  I've been to williamsburg andd yes its a great tourist trap.  As far as authentic, i don't know. we have to take that at face value i guess.  But why just williamsburg?  The whole east coast was settled in a very short time.   Only in the bigger cities were a lack of guns.  It wasn't necessarily a survival tool unless you were defending against the gangs.

Like varmit said, teh 2nd amendment was NOT a right to hunt. Never was even considered for that.  THE ONLY reason for the 2nd amendment is to suppress or overthrow the government.  It is necessary for a free people to have that right.  Otherwise time will erode and take away our freedom. 

You want to watch this video i  am posting. THIS IS THE VERY REASON that the 2nd amendment was created.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Patriot

Quote from: Varmit on March 18, 2012, 03:32:32 PM
If that were the case than the Founders would have made it clear in the Constitution that firearm ownership was to be protected so folks could hunt. But no, they included the Right to Bear Arms so that the people would have a way to defend themselves against gov't oppression.  Don't believe me look it up.

One would think that a middle aged adult in America would not need such a lesson in basic constitutional fundamentals.  Then again, many middle aged adults long ago sold their self reliance and critical thinking skills down the river at the hands of government educators... Some even became government educators themselves, sticking to the government line no matter what a bit of self teaching (or for that matter a simple reading of the Constitution) might have accomplished.  Don't wanna make waves in the school system, we gotta work with those people after all, and such rebellion against the great curriculum providers might jeopardize those union negotiated perks & pensions.

A tad embittered on my part? Perhaps.  Just read the news these days and think.  Finding infringed liberties is not difficult, IF one has a constitutionally based grasp of what liberty is in the first place.  Perhaps the greatest liberty lost is that of an honest education provided by clear thinking educators with analytical skills that go beyond selecting the right sized cucumber for the condom section of sex ed.  I've known far too many educators who had a great grasp of 'the curriculum' but absolutely no ability to determine the alignment of what they taught with basic, plain readings of the Constitution. 

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk