Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarhead

Quote from: thatsMRSc2u on June 27, 2011, 09:53:11 PM
I will not be bought  ;D

Did I mention this intricately knapped obsidian Huffaker bird point with basil notch ? or the 6 inch Langtry point---now whoa there Hoss, I aint done---and what a beaut this polished celt made from Hematite is--and a large bowel of cord marked pottery shards ? Now---aint ol Jarhead right about 75 % of the time? ;D

thatsMRSc2u

Oh HELL........I'll go well ol Jarhead is right APPROXIMATELY 75% of the time ONCE in a WHILE......SOMEtimes.......(cept when he's wrong).....that close enough????

Gave me a chuckle to end my day on....Thanks....have not had very many of them lately :)

Ross

How about that County Commissioners Meeting  yesterday. Some guy from Wichita wants our County Commissioners to take on the Governor and the guy says if they do they will get a lot of heat from some mighty powerful people in the state. Did it sound like they might consider it?  What might that cost and I mean in property taxes? Oh, the guy owns land in Elk County, I guess near where the next Wind Farm was going to go. I think he was going to have wind turbines on his property. I hope my new hearing aids work better than the ones I have. I could not hear half of what was said.

IMHO, I mean the County Commissioners can't seem to keep the little people who ever they are of Elk Konnected in check. I mean, how did Elk Konnected get it's name on the Elk County Summer Day Camp paperwork for the Grant Money? Do County employees work for Elk Konnected or Elk County? Is this Elk County or Elk konnected County? Is it the Elk County Commissioners meeting or the Elk Konnected County Commissioners Meetings?

And the County Commissioners are considering taking on the Governor and some mighty powerful people of the state of Kansas????
The man has a lawyer and a turbine company it sounds like that wants to do the dirty work. IMHO, Perhaps it might work better if they can get some circle of chairs and a facilitator. Any suggesting from any one???

Who steers the steering committee?

Who are the admitted members who own, and run,
Elk Konnected.

Who is your Puppet Master?

What are your real goals?

srkruzich

Quote from: thatsMRSc2u on June 27, 2011, 09:15:39 PM
They USED to spray DDT like air freshener too.

I am respectfully disagreeing with you. Respectfully cause I agree with you on some things :) THAT oughta ruin your whole evenin  ;D ;D

Guess what.... DDT Was one of the BEST pesticides on the market.  Killed mosquitos and flys like crazy. The only reason they pulled itoff the market is that its effectiveness waned and they were afraid the bugs would become immune to it.  Well Now after around 40 years they are releasing it again for use!  :D isn't that kool!   Now we actually can have a pesticide that will do the job.   This time though, it will have the proper dosage to use to keep our bugs from mutating and becomming resistant to it!

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

thatsMRSc2u

Quote from: srkruzich on June 28, 2011, 05:53:40 AM
Guess what.... DDT Was one of the BEST pesticides on the market.  Killed mosquitos and flys like crazy. The only reason they pulled itoff the market is that its effectiveness waned and they were afraid the bugs would become immune to it.  Well Now after around 40 years they are releasing it again for use!  :D isn't that kool!   Now we actually can have a pesticide that will do the job.   This time though, it will have the proper dosage to use to keep our bugs from mutating and becomming resistant to it!

You just go ahead and have a big ol bowl of it Steve.......Who says it's safe?????Oh yeah........that pesky reliable government and those big corporations we are all so fond of....... and GOD knows they wouldn't lie  ::)

Diane Amberg

We lost an awful lot of birds to DDT, darn nearly lost all the eagles...but doesn't that matter too?

jarhead

Steve,
Does DDT kill squash bugs ? If so, I say give me the poison ! Them pesky sons a guns seem to thrive on Sevin or anything else out there on the market. If I had a flame thrower I would kill me a bunch of squash bugs---and zucchini plants.

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on June 28, 2011, 09:27:06 AM
We lost an awful lot of birds to DDT, darn nearly lost all the eagles...but doesn't that matter too?

That was a myth.  NO hard evidence to prove it.  The eco groups used a very flawed study to push their agenda.    IN fact they've done research into it since and found out it didn't have that kind of effect.   

DDT is fine to use as long as you use it in the RIGHT amounts.  When done properly, there isn't as much used as there was back then.   

1921, the journal Ecology reported that bald eagles were threatened with extinction – 22 years before DDT production even began. According to a report in the National Museum Bulletin, the bald eagle reportedly had vanished from New England by 1937 – 10 years before the pesticide was used widely in agriculture.

Just as incredibly, by 1960 – 20 years after the Bald Eagle Protection Act and at the peak of DDT use – the Audubon Society reported counting 25 percent more eagles than in its pre-1941 census. US Forest Service studies reported an increase in nesting bald eagles, from 51 in 1964 to 107 in 1970, at a time when DDT was still being used all over the United States, according to the 1970 Annual Report on Bald Eagle Status.

The US Fish and Wildlife Service attributed bald eagle population reductions to a widespread loss of suitable habitat. But it also noted that illegal shooting was still the leading cause of direct mortality in both adult and immature bald eagles, according to a 1978 report in the Endangered Species Tech Bulletin.

A 1984 National Wildlife Federation publication listed hunting, power line electrocution, collisions in flight and poisoning from eating ducks containing lead shot as the leading causes of eagle deaths.

None of these reports implicated DDT. In fact, in addition to these reports, numerous scientific studies and experiments vindicated the chemical.

US Fish and Wildlife Service biologists fed large doses of DDT to captive bald eagles for 112 days and concluded that DDT residues encountered by eagles in the environment would not adversely affect eagles or their eggs, according to a 1966 report published in the Transcripts of 31st North America Wildlife Conference.

The USFWS examined every bald eagle found dead in the United States between 1961 and 1977 (266 birds) and reported no adverse effects caused by DDT or its residues.

One of the most notorious DDT myths is that it thinned bird egg shells. However, a 1970 study published in Pesticides Monitoring Journal reported that DDT residues in bird egg shells were not correlated with thinning. Numerous other feeding studies on caged birds likewise indicated that DDT is not associated with egg shell thinning.

Steven Milloy
Wall Street Journal
December 28, 2006

srkruzich

Quote from: jarhead on June 28, 2011, 09:28:49 AM
Steve,
Does DDT kill squash bugs ? If so, I say give me the poison ! Them pesky sons a guns seem to thrive on Sevin or anything else out there on the market. If I had a flame thrower I would kill me a bunch of squash bugs---and zucchini plants.

Yep i beileve it does. It will even kill Bedbugs...  The only objection i would have to using it is around an apiary.  They would have to notify an apiary before spraying.  That way we could lock up the bees for a day and then let em out

srkruzich

Quote from: thatsMRSc2u on June 28, 2011, 08:47:43 AM
You just go ahead and have a big ol bowl of it Steve.......Who says it's safe?????Oh yeah........that pesky reliable government and those big corporations we are all so fond of....... and GOD knows they wouldn't lie  ::)

Your darn right i'll use it!  Kills mosquitos and other Disease carrying insects.  The benefits far outweigh the disadvantages. 
its just a matter of time before we get malaria in this country with all the illegals coming in.  SOme one is going to be carrying and get eat up by mosquitos and they will in turn carry it out.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk