Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Quote from: Wilma on June 18, 2011, 08:55:29 PM

Why do you suppose so many people are not posting?  When everything they say seems to make someone mad, it is just better to keep quiet.

Wrong.....

I would say that those who want the answers are being very well represented by Patriot and Ross... and those who are getting mad... are frustrated... that they don't know the answers...and can do nothing about it but continue to say " go find the answers".. Ask this one or that one or... call this number or that number..( because they really don't know either)  I'm pretty sure that those involved in this organization are reading this thread..  
And there are plenty reading this.. trust me on this one.. :)

If I had to make a valid guess... I would say that this thread has prompted quite a bit of public questions and conversations outside of this forum. I've had people stop me on the street talking about it.

The name calling is a bit..... uhmmmm....junior highish ( is that a word?) ..but overall.. I think it has brought a lot to the surface and piled on the table.
It has gotten back to me ( through that wonderful thing called the small town grapevine).. that a few of you are upset with me.. because I am not monitoring and censoring this thread..and I am "allowing" all these so called negative things being run through this website.
Yeahh~~~ I know.. It sucks to tell some people things about someone ...and then it gets back to that person doesn't it?  ;) I won't name names.. but  to those who are discontented with the way I run this *once wonderful .. now a horrible place" forum and thread .. I suggest that maybe you build your own website and then you can run it and censor and monitor it with a steel hand if you so wish.. :angel:        Until then....

For the record........... I'm not for or against anyone involved in Elk Konnected. I have not become involved in it.. so I am guilty of not really paying much attention to what goes on within the legal structure of it..  
But......I have to say........my curiosity is peaked....

I look at this as I did with Obama and his silence on his birth certificate and personal information. Silence from those directly involved is throwing up a lot of red flags to a lot of people who are reading this..
 If someone who IS involved in the LLC would just come forward and answer the questions.. then it would all be put to rest................................It can't be that hard ... can it?  
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Ross

Teresa you are one gutsy lady.  And I was unaware your mother was on this forum. In my opinion This county needs more people like the both of you.

I am just a redneck hick that has asked questions. And I am very aware I lack tact and diplomacy as I have explained on this forum. But I do recognize honesty, integrity and finesse and I see that in you and your mother.

I truely expect that should I get out of line, to be asked to leave this forum and would not hesitate to do so.

You have provided all of us with a terrific tool with which to communicate and I appreciate it. I am very sorry to hear that you are recieving a hard time related to this thread.

I sure hope people help you keep your wings intact for flying,  because I don't want to see you flying on that broom.

Thank You for all that you do.

Patriot

Quote from: Ross on June 19, 2011, 05:57:38 AM
Teresa you are one gutsy lady.

I quite agree.  And what better Father's Day tribute to the founding fathers of this country than a public defense of the liberty to speak freely and participate in unfettered public debate!  Thank you, Teresa.  Despite the appearance that you and Jo may disagree on the issue of this thread, you are a credit to her and clearly reflect the rugged individualism I'm sure she instilled in you during your youth.  Thanks to her, as well.

Did you ever hear anyone say, "That work had better be banned because I might read it and it might be very damaging to me?" ~Joseph Henry Jackson

We are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies, and competitive values.  For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people. ~John F. Kennedy

Now, about those other 'facilitated', Delphi-style 'forums'....

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

srkruzich

Quote from: Janet Harrington on June 18, 2011, 01:29:43 PM
Okay. You keep asking "Who is your puppet master?" I am. I think I am. Maybe I am. I just don't know. Maybe I should go ask the Elk Konnected folks if they could do my thinking for me? Do you think they would?

What I really like about all this banter back and forth between everyone is this...It is keeping you off the streets at night and out of the bars. How about that?

LOL not around here, when lila's closes they load up the beer and haul it home....After drinkinig the afternoon away
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

srkruzich

Quote from: Wilma on June 18, 2011, 05:47:01 PM
Jennifer, I am surprised that you, a federal employee, are participating in this thread.  When I was a federal employee, we were given a book, "Code of Conduct" and one thing that was pointed out to us at the time was that we were not to participate in any political activities.  We were not being told what we could do or not do.  The reason for this was the possibility of revenge on the employee's workplace or fellow employees if someone became irate because of something the employee had said or done.

this wouldn't be considered a political activity.  :)  Political activity would be going to rally's and such. Secondly they can't preventyou from participating in any activity. Thats not their place and the Constitution says so. read 1st amendment. Right to gather via peaceful assembly.......

Wilma

A rally isn't always a peaceful place, now is it?  Better to keep a low profile and your name out of the limelight.

Good morning, Ross.  How is the knee today?  I find it is better to not aggravate a condition then to try to cope with the pain later.

I hope all of you have read Teresa's post.  Of course she is right, but I still think that there is a better way of finding out if there is anything not quite right with what our elected officials are doing.  This way might be bringing out a lot of things, but it is also creating a bad image of Elk County.  Teresa says that there are plenty of people reading this thread and she would know, but are they reading it for the right reasons?  Are they really interested in Elk County business or are they just on-lookers enjoying the brattish comments that are being made?  Are they going to help us out of this morass or are they just hanging on for the hateful comments and derogatory dialogue?

If I were a county commissioner whose ethics and morals are being questioned, I would contact the proper authorities myself and ask for an investigation and ruling on the actions of the officials involved.  I hate it that names of people that could be entirely innocent are being bandied around in never, never land for anyone to read and form opinions that could be entirely wrong.  I seem to be thinking in entirely terms this morning.  Never mind, I have sprayed weeds and grass (including the spots of Johnson grass in the ditch), this morning, then ran the vacuumn over all the carpet.  I am ready for a sit-down and possible nap.  Old ladies can do that anytime they want, you know.

Ross

Quote from: Wilma on June 19, 2011, 10:03:51 AM
Good morning, Ross.  How is the knee today?  I find it is better to not aggravate a condition then to try to cope with the pain later.

The knee isn't bothering me at the moment. Still has fluid on it. I hope to get it checked this next week. There are medical financial complications that are a mess. The knees are covered, anyway it's a weird situation. I will get it straightened out. My local doctor says it needs tending but it's not urgent, yet.

Did you get any of that rain last night? I got about three rain drops dang nab it. The flost in my rain guage didn't even move.

Ross

A few quotes about leadership.

"There is no terror, Cassius, in your threats; For I am armed so strong in honesty That they pass by me as the idle wind"
William Shakespeare

"Somewhere, something incredible happened in history – the wrong guys won."
- Norman Mailer

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
- Elanor Roosevelt

"The goal of many leaders is to get people to think more highly of the leader. The goal of a great leader is to help people to think more highly of themselves." ~ J. Carla Nortcutt

"Being a leader who serves is very different from being a servant leader." ~ Isabel O. Lopez

"Use power to help people. For we are given power not to advance our own purposes nor to make a great show in the world, not a name. There is but one just use of power and it is to serve people." ~ US President George Bush This is the one I believe apply's to our county government, that is it's purpose.

This arose as a quotation by John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton, first Baron Acton (1834–1902). The historian and moralist, who was otherwise known simply as Lord Acton, expressed this opinion in a letter to Bishop Mandell Creighton in 1887:
"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
We sometimes allow our position to go to our heads, I experienced this myself when in the service. I got straightened out real fast by a guy that made three of me.
I see this kind of control in always saying be positive. Which means to me, we don't actually want you to speak your mind.
Just sit in your circle of chairs and only speak of what we tell you to  And above all don't tell me my ideas are not good.

srkruzich

Quote from: Wilma on June 19, 2011, 10:03:51 AM

I hope all of you have read Teresa's post.  Of course she is right, but I still think that there is a better way of finding out if there is anything not quite right with what our elected officials are doing.  This way might be bringing out a lot of things, but it is also creating a bad image of Elk County.  

You know Wilma, i think you may be wrong on this.  Bad image?   I Personally do NOT consider taxpaying citizens standing up in a public forum asking these questions a bad image.... IN FACT it shows that folks here give a rats fanny about what their government is doing.  IT shows that WE The people are EVER VIGILANT  Jefferson said, the price of freedom is eternal vigilance.
IF WE THE PEOPLE do not bring to light ALL Actions of Government and the employees of that government then WE THE PEOPLE will end up licking the boots of the masters.  Samuel Adams said....
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!  

QuoteTeresa says that there are plenty of people reading this thread and she would know, but are they reading it for the right reasons?  Are they really interested in Elk County business or are they just on-lookers enjoying the brattish comments that are being made?  Are they going to help us out of this morass or are they just hanging on for the hateful comments and derogatory dialogue?
I suggest that all the brattish comments stop.  The questions are valid.  The tit for tat comments aren't.

QuoteIf I were a county commissioner whose ethics and morals are being questioned, I would contact the proper authorities myself and ask for an investigation and ruling on the actions of the officials involved.  I hate it that names of people that could be entirely innocent are being bandied around in never, never land for anyone to read and form opinions that could be entirely wrong.  I seem to be thinking in entirely terms this morning.  Never mind, I have sprayed weeds and grass (including the spots of Johnson grass in the ditch), this morning, then ran the vacuumn over all the carpet.  I am ready for a sit-down and possible nap.  Old ladies can do that anytime they want, you know.

You know so would I. IF MY NAME were in question and i knew it, then i would welcome an investigation.  BUT  I Would NOT avoid the questions in the first place.  I would answer them both on the forum and even call a public meeting in the courthouse for all to see and comment.  That is what honest and ethical people do.

srkruzich

Quote from: Ross on June 19, 2011, 10:30:32 AM

"The goal of many leaders is to get people to think more highly of the leader. The goal of a great leader is to help people to think more highly of themselves." ~ J. Carla Nortcutt

"Being a leader who serves is very different from being a servant leader." ~ Isabel O. Lopez

I Love these quotes!

Another One i tell all the time is that Christ came to serve not to rule over us. :)  HE also by his actions of washing the disciples feet proved he was here to serve.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk