Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

Quote from: Diane Amberg on June 18, 2011, 01:53:08 PM
Just concentrate on the swinging watch...Back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. Let nothing distract you. Empty your mind.  Clear your thoughts.

zzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZ

I am now a victim of my own pocket watch.... I must do what I tell myself.  Drats!
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Patriot

Quote from: Patriot on June 18, 2011, 02:28:26 PM

zzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZ

I am now a victim of my own pocket watch.... I must do what I tell myself.  Drats!

OH CHIT!!! I just had an Edgar Casey moment!  Wow! I see what's coming.  Not pretty, not pretty at all.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

kshillbillys

Catwoman: Could I inquire as to what age group of kids that you teach? ----Jennifer
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Catwoman

I have taught all ages, including adult education, which is what I'm currently doing...What do you do?

kshillbillys

Ronnie--I am going to personally apologize to you right now for this post. It seems as though the "spelling police" are either asleep or only single out a few people to humiliate when they correct their spelling on this forum. Maybe it's because I haven't been getting enough sleep or the fact that I tried to break my hand last night and it hurts, or even that I've been out walking 9+ miles in the heat and humidity today, BUT I like to think (and most people will agree with me) that I'm just a bitch!

Teresa--Could you get something done about adding a "spell check" to the forum since it's such a major problem?

Quote from: Catwoman on June 18, 2011, 11:08:53 AM
is spelled "appearantly"...

You're welcome.  ;D

is spelled APPARENTLY. Ross was pretty damn close I'd say! Now, YOU'RE welcome!  ::)

kshillbillys

I'm just a stupid ole mail carrier that got all A's throughout school in English, was champion of the spelling bee for 4 years in a row and majored in Journalism. I pity the kids that are taught by teachers with a God complex that they do no wrong but are in fact  sometimes wrong. I wonder how many have gotten bad grades and were actually correct?

Catwoman

You are the first person to catch onto the intentionally mispelled word, Jennifer...Good for you.  ;D  At least you're awake...Gods...I was wondering when that piece of needling would bear fruit! lol  

kshillbillys

Actually Jarhead griped about it first! I was just the first one to actually correct you even though the spelling police have been on this thread since that post. I had to get home from work first...

Diane Amberg

No problem Cat, I knew some of them too.They were an embarsasement ...uh, enbarsessemant....no, that's not right. Let's try embarassement. Oh heck, embarrassment! ;) 
  Recently one of us used "goo" instead of the word intended and I'll admit I had a hard time not saying something, because I was laughing so hard ,especially since he had suggested a spelling challenge, but even I don't hassle everyone all the time. Some people just don't have a natural feel for spelling, especially in choosing the right vowel. Not everyone can hear the difference between i ,e and a when a word is pronounced.
By the way, Mrs.H,why put down being a mail carrier? It's a very responsible job that isn't nearly as easy as some people might think, plus needing to be honorable and completely trustworthy and aware of what is going on with the people on their route. People are more predictable than we think and it often the Mail Carrier that picks up a change in routine that when investigated may turn up a medical emergency. I personally know several who are heroes to me for helping people who were found fallen and / or sick from heart attacks and strokes. One in particular  saw through the kitchen door, a dear old lady who was sitting on the floor with her head slumped over. Unfortunately she had died long enough before that there was nothing we could do, but if he hadn't seen her she might have been there much longer before she was found.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk