I'm hard, but not unfair.... an apology

Started by Patriot, April 25, 2011, 03:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Quote from: jprxmkt on May 01, 2011, 09:00:50 PM
How are our local businesses going to bring more jobs to town if people don't shop in our businesses? 1% of your purchases in Elk county come back to the county to use for roads, law enforcement, ambulance, etc.  If our local businesses keep dying off, why would any other businesses want to set up shop here when they see they might not have enough community support to survive?  Why do you think taxes in Elk County are so high?  Mainly because we don't have a large enough population to bring the taxes down per capita.  That is because we don't have the jobs to support these families.  Don't you see by shopping elsewhere each year that goes by, it is more and more difficult for our businesses to survive. So many complain about our taxes being too high but when you have a choice in paying sales tax, you have no opposition to paying higher sales tax in another county or state. Add up how much extra sales tax you pay in a year out of county and see how far ahead you are then!

As for $4 prescriptions, if I had the customer base of the chain store or if even 1/3 of the people shopping elsewhere would get their prescription filled in Elk County I could afford to offer such a great "deal" too.  You are paying for it elsewhere, believe me.
I'm not trying to knock ya on the prescriptions.  I don't know where i am paying for it elsewhere.   Their higher than they should be anywhere you go. 
On groceries in this economy the lowest price gets the sale. Not hard to uderstand.  Folks are hurting badly and groceries are the one thing that most folks shop sales on.  IF your price isn't as good a deal as the other store 20 miles away folks will go to the other store.  Thats simple competition.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Mom70x7

Batson's does have excellent generics! It's hard to beat their prices on the Over-the-Counter generics.

Mom70x7

flintauqua

The last time I was in Batson's I had them replace the batteries in three wrist watches, and put a new band on one of them.  I told Trina that there was no hurry, but Barbi came over and started right in on it.  I felt guilty when the total was less than twelve dollars for the batteries and band, tax included, and nothing for doing the work.  I've never found that kind of service anywhere except in small-town stores that have pride in their community like Batson's does.
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

greatguns

Steve, you would be a better citizen if you went to the Kerosene, the coop, Stanley's.  You know shop locally in your own county instead of Elk county.  lol ;D

jprxmkt

Quote from: flintauqua on May 01, 2011, 10:11:05 PM
The last time I was in Batson's I had them replace the batteries in three wrist watches, and put a new band on one of them.  I told Trina that there was no hurry, but Barbi came over and started right in on it.  I felt guilty when the total was less than twelve dollars for the batteries and band, tax included, and nothing for doing the work.  I've never found that kind of service anywhere except in small-town stores that have pride in their community like Batson's does.

Thanks! ;)

srkruzich

Quote from: greatguns on May 01, 2011, 10:20:47 PM
Steve, you would be a better citizen if you went to the Kerosene, the coop, Stanley's.  You know shop locally in your own county instead of Elk county.  lol ;D
You know it doesn't matter to me i'll spend where i am at the time. Whatevers closest to me usually and then like i said i buy once a month in wichita/augusta.  IF dillons put a store out here, i would go to them out here.  Shrug.  What is kerosene.  Actually i like cooksons, he has what i need where stanleys doesn't.  And his prices on what i need are far better than anyone else i have found.
Coop i do buy from far lower prices than moline or eureka
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Teresa

Quote from: srkruzich on May 01, 2011, 11:05:27 PM
You know it doesn't matter to me i'll spend where i am at the time. Whatevers closest to me usually and then like i said i buy once a month in wichita/augusta.  IF dillons put a store out here, i would go to them out here.  Shrug.  What is kerosene.  Actually i like cooksons, he has what i need where stanleys doesn't.  And his prices on what i need are far better than anyone else i have found.
Coop i do buy from far lower prices than moline or eureka

Thanks  :).. Just like any small town store who doesn't have the benefit of buying in large bulk.. therefore having to pay a higher cost of getting it here.. we all DO try to be competitive in the price market.. There are some things that Batsons and Cooksons are higher on.. and some things we are cheaper on than your big stores.. But I know that we all try really hard to be in the playing field..
Customer service? There is no comparison.. hands down these 2 stores can blow any city store clean out of the water..
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Wilma

Have you tried to have a watch battery replaced at Wal-mart?  They don't do that anymore, yet their batteries cost as much as Julie's.

Mom70x7

QuoteCustomer service? There is no comparison.. hands down these 2 stores can blow any city store clean out of the water..

Yes!   :-*   :D   :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk