I'm hard, but not unfair.... an apology

Started by Patriot, April 25, 2011, 03:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

The last price of gasoline that I saw posted at P & J was $3.89.  That same day the price of gas in Wichita was $3.69 to $3.89.  If P & J's gas is 3.89 and they are getting $2.00 more a gallon than anywhere else, I want to know where.  Gasoline at $1.89 a gal. sounds mighty darn good to me.  (Put your glasses on when you read that last sentence as that is d a r n not the three letter word that it appears to be without my glasses.)

srkruzich

Quote from: Wilma on April 30, 2011, 07:56:15 AM
The last price of gasoline that I saw posted at P & J was $3.89.  That same day the price of gas in Wichita was $3.69 to $3.89.  If P & J's gas is 3.89 and they are getting $2.00 more a gallon than anywhere else, I want to know where.  Gasoline at $1.89 a gal. sounds mighty darn good to me.  (Put your glasses on when you read that last sentence as that is d a r n not the three letter word that it appears to be without my glasses.)
sheesh, we're not talking prices at the pump we're talking bulk sales.  Thats a whole different price structure. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Wilma

But wouldn't bulk sales be less per gallon?  How do you know that Elk County is paying $2.00 more to Murphy Oil than they could buy it out of county?  Besides, whatever happened to shop at home?  I don't know, but I would assume that there is a contract with Murphy Oil and that he got that contract by bid.  Isn't that the way it should be done with taxpayer money?

srkruzich

Quote from: Wilma on April 30, 2011, 09:16:21 AM
But wouldn't bulk sales be less per gallon?  How do you know that Elk County is paying $2.00 more to Murphy Oil than they could buy it out of county?  Besides, whatever happened to shop at home?  I don't know, but I would assume that there is a contract with Murphy Oil and that he got that contract by bid.  Isn't that the way it should be done with taxpayer money?

I just heard it wilma i don't have concrete evidence. but if anyone involved would enlighten us to the price that would be kool.  Secondly shop at home?   Come on now.  either the locals get with it on price, come within a reasonable range or go outside of local.   IF i were to sell my honey for 5 dollars more a jar, you folks would buy from tucker bees which is not in our community.  So don't try and tell me buy local trumps bad budgeting.

Diane Amberg

So how much are you selling your honey for so I can buy some?

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on April 30, 2011, 10:08:45 AM
So how much are you selling your honey for so I can buy some?
Shoot diane unless you bought a gallon it wouldn't pay ya to buy from me.  Shipping alone is around 12 bucks.
i sell it for 60 a gallon

thatsMRSc2u

QuoteAll of the comments that a depression is coming, one of the biggest contributors to recession/depressions is peoples attitude. They get in their head a depression is coming, they get negative about everything and quit buying/building etc. You and Patrick have certainly done your part investing in Howard and the area and I know that a lot of the people really appreciate what you have done. All the complaining about a little tax money that might be going to help people of all age groups is also disappointing,

You hit the nail on the head Frank. We may not agree about much but we agree about this!

Diane Amberg

Steve,you actually have customers that buy a gallon container from you? Wow! If I didn't have a good local source I'd consider it. After all it keeps forever. I like it comb and all.

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on April 30, 2011, 10:29:56 AM
Steve,you actually have customers that buy a gallon container from you? Wow! If I didn't have a good local source I'd consider it. After all it keeps forever. I like it comb and all.
Yeah i do, several in fact.  IT lasts and they go through about 1 -2 gallons a year. Whatever is left over turns to crystals and they cream it and make honey butter out of it.

Lookatmeknow!!

I know that PJ's gas is gasoline, no ethonal or whatever, so that is why it runs higher. And Steve, how much gas do you spend going out of town to get the other things that you have to buy??? I hate putting gas in my van, so its up the Family Market, and if you check the prices are pretty equal!!! I shop for daycare and my family there and my grocery bill is not to bad for a family of 5 and 10 kids at daycare at 3 meals and 3 snacks a day!!! Under what you would think!!! You might actually check it out sometime, plus if you shop out of town your tax money isn't helping Elk County!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk