I'm hard, but not unfair.... an apology

Started by Patriot, April 25, 2011, 03:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Quote from: Lookatmeknow!! on April 30, 2011, 07:29:44 PM
I know that PJ's gas is gasoline, no ethonal or whatever, so that is why it runs higher. And Steve, how much gas do you spend going out of town to get the other things that you have to buy??? I hate putting gas in my van, so its up the Family Market, and if you check the prices are pretty equal!!! I shop for daycare and my family there and my grocery bill is not to bad for a family of 5 and 10 kids at daycare at 3 meals and 3 snacks a day!!! Under what you would think!!! You might actually check it out sometime, plus if you shop out of town your tax money isn't helping Elk County!!
Well since i am usually in wichita every month for a doctors appointment or something i can't get around here i go to all the stores that have sales.  I also buy at G&W in eureka for their sales.  Got 10 pounds of excellent ground beef for 11 dollars the other day.  Usually can get all kinds of good sales.  Its either that or aldis, and dillons.  Dillons has better selection of food than anyone else.  Plus they give buy 1 get 1 free roasts all the time and the last one i got was 1.89 a pound for sirloin so i'll buy the whole sirloin roast and get one free which makes my meat purchase .94 a pound.  Can't get that kind of deal anywhere outside of wichita i am afraid.  Gas is incidental since i am having to go there anyway.  I buy 1 time a month so i don't have to spend much on it.  I do pick up fresh veggies and stuff in winter at G&W, but in growing months i hope to stop all that by freezing my garden produce.

As far as tax money helping, I am not one who is concerned with paying any tax if i don't have to.  I think its a criminal act to tax people on food period!   Secondly, that tax money goes to the state not the county unless the county imposes their own tax on food and still its a criminal act to tax food and medicine.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Lookatmeknow!!

I don't really buy much meat, but sandwich meat anywhere. But I can't wait for garden time, that is if we can get ours in before winter!! LOL- I understand if your out of town, but with me, I actually don't want to go anywhere and shop with 3 kids, so it's up town for me. I actually don't even go out of town for doctors any more, just dentist for the girls. But I understand.
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Wilma

Steve, are you aware that Sedgwick County and Wichita have a sales tax and that Andover just recently added their own sales tax.  I don't know about Eureka.  For a long time the sales tax in Howard was lower than any of the above. 

You don't want to pay any taxes but you do enjoy driving Highway 400, don't you?  And the portion of 99 from Howard to 400 is just a dream compared to what it used to be.  Wouldn't it be nice if that county road from Piedmont to Eureka were in better shape or 99 north from 400?

I am not going to complain about the taxes as long as I am enjoying the benefits of them.

srkruzich

Quote from: Wilma on April 30, 2011, 08:26:11 PM
Steve, are you aware that Sedgwick County and Wichita have a sales tax and that Andover just recently added their own sales tax.  I don't know about Eureka.  For a long time the sales tax in Howard was lower than any of the above. 

You don't want to pay any taxes but you do enjoy driving Highway 400, don't you?  And the portion of 99 from Howard to 400 is just a dream compared to what it used to be.  Wouldn't it be nice if that county road from Piedmont to Eureka were in better shape or 99 north from 400?

I am not going to complain about the taxes as long as I am enjoying the benefits of them.
I'll go out of my way to not pay tax on food if i have a choice. Its the principle of it all. Like i said its immoral and criminal to tax food and meds.   Like i said i go for doctors appointments in wichita and thats where the best doctors are.  So i go there.  Besides, I like going to hometown buffet and a chinese restaurant on central every time i am there.  So once or 2x  a month trip is worth the gas.   I do however buy from cooksons quite a bit, since i have found his prices lower than elsewhere on things i need.   Shrug.  And its not food that he sells either. 

Mom70x7

I'm out of town at least once, if not twice a month, and I really LOVE the Dillons in Andover. But . . . I do the majority of my food shopping here in Howard, at Family Market. Their prices are competitive, the service is sooo much better, and they are incredibly convenient. My food budget hasn't changed since switching from Dillons to Family Market. It might even have gone down a bit.

srkruzich

Quote from: Mom70x7 on April 30, 2011, 09:51:37 PM
I'm out of town at least once, if not twice a month, and I really LOVE the Dillons in Andover. But . . . I do the majority of my food shopping here in Howard, at Family Market. Their prices are competitive, the service is sooo much better, and they are incredibly convenient. My food budget hasn't changed since switching from Dillons to Family Market. It might even have gone down a bit.
I don't doubt it, dillons is a bit higher on most things. I just shop the sales is all, and like i said before, dillons has foods that i can't get elsewhere.  For example, you can order fresh salmon, and its flown in once a week. The day its flown in it is fresh catch.  I won't eat salmon any other way.  Has to be fresh and i cook it that day.
ALso they have fresh seafood which is amazing.  I hate frozen.   Lots of different things in the andover dillons.

Wilma

Julie doesn't charge sales tax on prescriptions and the sales tax on food items is less or no more than what you are paying in Sedgwick and Butler counties and not any higher than what Cookson's charge.  If it is the sales tax that is keeping you from buying in Elk County you should take another look at it.  Oh, I forgot, you don't support Elk County, do you?

You buy fresh salmon?  Jeez, that is too expensive for me.

srkruzich

Quote from: Wilma on May 01, 2011, 07:28:26 AM
Julie doesn't charge sales tax on prescriptions and the sales tax on food items is less or no more than what you are paying in Sedgwick and Butler counties and not any higher than what Cookson's charge.  If it is the sales tax that is keeping you from buying in Elk County you should take another look at it.  Oh, I forgot, you don't support Elk County, do you?

You buy fresh salmon?  Jeez, that is too expensive for me.
You know where is it written that anyone has to support any county.  That thinking went out the door years ago when US automakers tried to stop toyota from coming into the country.   I support those i choose to support.  Usually it is only those i can afford to buy from.  Julie doesn't charge tax sure i know that but i still cant afford her drugs.  She doesn't have 4 dollar prescriptions.  :)  Makes a differenc you know.  I have bought from her because i was too tired and sick to go elsewhere but it is not often.   You might say what does it matter that she doesn't have 4.00 prescriptions when i have medicare, well 20% of 4.00 is .80 cents. so my prescription is only .80 instead of 5 -10 dollars after paying the 20% copay. 

SHoot if i sold honey for 8 dollars a pound like i can get at the farmers markets here in this area you nor anyone else would buy it cause you can get it for 5 a pound.  simple business logic and practice.

Yeah i treat myself every couple of months to fresh salmon.  Its one of my guilty pleasures.  It is like somone buying a porterhouse every other month.  I prefer fish over steak.  :)

Diane Amberg

Actually Steve, I broke down your $60.00 a gallon plus shipping and it isn't bad at all! I have a good local source nearby though  (orchard market) with a senior discount on Wednesdays and I still have plenty or I might just take you up on it. They make THE best cider donuts. It's just a little shop, but over the years they have done just what they needed to do to increase business. But I'm off the subject so I'll not tell you about them here. Does Elk county have any orchards with farm stands?

redcliffsw

Supporting Elk County?  Increasing taxes and spending does not equate or create to some kind of extra special "patriotism" to Elk Ciounty.  Quite the opposite I'd say. 

Conservative Republicanism never seems to hold water.  Sooner or later it breaks to reveal its true self - liberalism.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk