Windfarm funfacts... a little more sunshine

Started by Patriot, April 22, 2011, 08:48:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kshillbillys

There were supposedly "surveys" mailed out to 140 people in the "Elk Konnected" area, which includes Severy because they are part of West Elk's school district (but didn't include any of Montgomery or Chautauqua counties, which are part of Elk Valley's school district). 140 surveys out of over 3000 people. That's a real "fair" showing of who wants what, right? I, nor anyone I've talked to, have ever received a survey. Those who received the surveys were probably already Elk Konnected followers or people who could be easily swayed for the "greater good" of this county, not average joes. They want to know what tax paying Elk County Citizens want to do with money they don't have yet, then they need to send EVERYONE a survey to find a consensus of what people actually want, not what a group of people want and then have a TOWN HALL MEETING for everyone in the county that is NOT RUN by a 3rd party facilitator/Elk Konnected. And then a vote on the best ideas for the county with the individuals who submitted the ideas name on it, that way people will know who wants what and the individual could be asked for reasons why they want such a thing (for the sake of argument, say a golf course) and ALL OF THE CITIZENS could make up their minds what is good for this county. Not a group like EK and not just the commissioners. ---MR KSH
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Patriot

Quote from: kshillbillys on July 17, 2011, 09:10:38 PM
There were supposedly "surveys" mailed out to 140 people in the "Elk Konnected" area, which includes Severy because they are part of West Elk's school district (but didn't include any of Montgomery or Chautauqua counties, which are part of Elk Valley's school district). 140 surveys out of over 3000 people. That's a real "fair" showing of who wants what, right?

And that's just how Elk Konnected got started...

Read their 'story' here:  http://www.publicsquarecommunities.com/community/elk/aboutus.php

I vote, live and pay taxes here.  I was never 'surveyed', were you?  I was never 'interviewed', were you?  I never voted for or against Elk Konnected being selected to be the 'voice of the people', did you?

Stay connected,  citizens.  You have the final say. 

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Janet Harrington

Quote from: kshillbillys on July 17, 2011, 09:10:38 PM
There were supposedly "surveys" mailed out to 140 people in the "Elk Konnected" area, which includes Severy because they are part of West Elk's school district (but didn't include any of Montgomery or Chautauqua counties, which are part of Elk Valley's school district). 140 surveys out of over 3000 people. That's a real "fair" showing of who wants what, right? I, nor anyone I've talked to, have ever received a survey. Those who received the surveys were probably already Elk Konnected followers or people who could be easily swayed for the "greater good" of this county, not average joes. They want to know what tax paying Elk County Citizens want to do with money they don't have yet, then they need to send EVERYONE a survey to find a consensus of what people actually want, not what a group of people want and then have a TOWN HALL MEETING for everyone in the county that is NOT RUN by a 3rd party facilitator/Elk Konnected. And then a vote on the best ideas for the county with the individuals who submitted the ideas name on it, that way people will know who wants what and the individual could be asked for reasons why they want such a thing (for the sake of argument, say a golf course) and ALL OF THE CITIZENS could make up their minds what is good for this county. Not a group like EK and not just the commissioners. ---MR KSH
Survey? When did this survey thing supposedley nappen? This is the first time that I heard about a survey.

Patriot

Quote from: Janet Harrington on July 17, 2011, 09:55:52 PM
Survey? When did this survey thing supposedley nappen? This is the first time that I heard about a survey.

Read the link in my post above.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Warph

The one and only 300 foot high turbine of Elk County lost a 66 foot blade and another was badly damaged late on Sunday night.

Local landowner and VFW councillor for the area Jarhead De Plonk-Edwards told reporters from the Wind Farm Weekly News, "I'd just come out of the bar after a spot of cheer and was staggering down the road towards home and the little woman, as one does, when I stopped for a quick whiz and actually saw a series of white and colored lights, round, colored pulsing lights that seemed to be hovering, you know, kinda like one of those Huey's I used to ride back in the bush, back in Nam.  I swear the bastard shot at me before I could fire back.  When I did, I think I hit the SOB five or six times.  That was just before everything went blank and I fell head-over-ass into the ditch sucking my thumb."

Ego-tricity Energy, which manages the wind farm site for the E.K.,LLC Projects division, said while investigations continued they were not ruling anything out but the extent of damage was "unique" as the central hub of the turbine was splattered with blood and white feathers.  At this time they discounted a deliberate act of sabotage by one of the many anti-wind farm militant groups.

Both the Catholic and Protestant churches have been inundated by hysterical calls from Christian fundamentalists, alarmed by the Ego-tricity "blood and white feathers" announcement, questioning, "Whether one of G-d's Angels might have flown into the turbine by accident" according to a local, a Ms. Judy Harder.

The turbine is the first one built at the Howard Clough site.. owned by a local land-grabbin' baron,  Mr. P.A.Triot.. which has been fully operational since Nov. 2012.  A section of one broken blade has been recovered from where it plunged through a neighboring farm house roof, owned by S.R.Kruzich, but not before it knocked over 17 bee hives and killing 28 goats.  This is being examined by a team of unemployed Polish boilermakers from Moline and Señor Sod Buster, a local alien.

Elk County Ufologists have been called in by the E.K, LLC Steering Commitee and are meeting in the Howard Arms public wash house which is owned by the Steering Commitee, to discuss the incident over cold beers and goat meat pies.  According to the Ufologists, they had received many reports of UFO activity in the area and had teams searching for clues.

One theory is that the flying saucer responsible for the damage may have received orders from its mother ship to fire a proton torpedo at the wind turbine blades as they were upsetting the balance of the Earth's gaia spirit.

This speculation is apparently backed by a graffiti-style message stating such that was spray-painted across the wind farm gates.... written entirely in fluent Klingon... and signed by LarryJ the Merciless, as he was returning to his home planet.

Conversely the UFO lunatic fringe group Bonkers is making claims that an alien flying saucer hit the wind turbine due to the fact the blades are not fitted with hi-viz reflectors or lights, and once their craft is repaired they will return for revenge.  "It's gonna be just like that effin' Apocalyptic movie, 'The Day the Earth Went All To Shit', when all them radioactive titanium cockroaches get loose and eat every freakin' thing in sight.  It will blow yer effin' mind," their chief spokesthing, Herman Scrunt, informed a group of amused media hacks from the X-Files tabloid gutter press.

On a saner note, Elk County Sheriff's officers are currently examining the corpse of a wayward thirty foot wing-spanned Kierkegaard's Giant Albatross... discovered by octogenarian pensioner Ms. Candida Muffrot and her nanny and head masseuse for Elk County's Sharpe Shooter Union, Ms. Teresa while walking her dogs.... in a terminal state of mortal disarray in the nearby woods, with the leading edge portion of a wind turbine blade embedded in its skull.  Early assessments by forensic experts reveal the dead seabird... which was said to have been smuggled into this country by Ms. Teresa's husband...  may possibly have been involved in the previous night's incident.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Ross

Quote from: Janet Harrington on July 17, 2011, 09:55:52 PM

Just before they started recieving all those $50 donations from 60 unknown people to start Elk Konnected, they mailed out the survey's to 140 unknown people, .just like the unknow names on all those suggestions on their liist shown at
http://www.cascity.com/howard/forum/index.php/topic,11780.0.html 

That's the whole point. No one knows anything at all about Elk Konnected. Except they use people behind closed doors they call followers in the open they call them volunteers. Do you get it now?

Who are the admitted members or the registered members or the owners that steer the steering committee?

thatsMRSc2u

GOOD one Warph! Made me laugh out loud......cat thought I'd lost my mind  ;D

Catwoman

LOL...Good one, Warph!!  And, Mrs. C...I'd know better than to make that claim about you...Your wits are sharper than a surgeon's knife, any day!  ;) ;D

sodbuster

Warph, best post on the topic yet. :laugh:

Señor Cortador de Pradera
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk