Windfarm funfacts... a little more sunshine

Started by Patriot, April 22, 2011, 08:48:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

readyaimduck

Perhaps we need 3 hands for:
1.  the truth;
2 the other truth;
3 what it is.

I think #3 and #1 are mingled with #3 and #2.

ready

Janet Harrington

Quote from: readyaimduck on July 08, 2011, 08:19:24 PM
Perhaps we need 3 hands for:
1.  the truth;
2 the other truth;
3 what it is.

I think #3 and #1 are mingled with #3 and #2.

ready

Extremely well put, ready.  ;D ;D

Catwoman

Varmit

someone asked why a list of the landowners was important...i've heard rumor that the majorty of land the towers will sit on is perkins. we have a perkins as a commissioner that was allowed to vote on allowing the windfarm here in the first place. that by itself is shady as hell. not to mention the role that elk konnected is playing in this, and yet again theres that connection with a commissioner. but then again the shady politics of this county go beyond a simple windfarm.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Wilma

Perkiins does not own the most land within the boundaries of the wind farm.  They are second in the number of acres owned.  Four landowners own more than a thousand acres each.  There are eleven other landowners owning less than a thousand acres each.  In case you are curious about county commissioners involved in land ownership in this area, there are 600 acres that have the name Liebau on it.  There is also a Roe among the owners.

srkruzich

Quote from: Wilma on July 16, 2011, 03:31:35 PM
Perkiins does not own the most land within the boundaries of the wind farm.  They are second in the number of acres owned.  Four landowners own more than a thousand acres each.  There are eleven other landowners owning less than a thousand acres each.  In case you are curious about county commissioners involved in land ownership in this area, there are 600 acres that have the name Liebau on it.  There is also a Roe among the owners.

Doesn't make it any better!  politiicians have a duty to recuse themselves when they will benefit from a deal like this. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Hefe de vaca

Just being a member of a family doesn't mean you will "benefit" from what another family member has. Have you seen the will? Do you know what kind of relationship they have with each other? How many times are heirs "cut out" of the will ?

Wilma has given you the name of a commisioner who "does" directly gain from the wind farm, yet no one has attacked him here, nor should they. The landowners benefit from the windfarm is not a result of any business acted upon by the county commision. The decision to build where they are was a result of several studies made by Tradewind Energy. Do you actually think they would be "steered" to a location by "polititians"? That wouldn't be very smart of them, now would it ? They chose the location based on it's potential for the best output of energy, ergo, the most income , for the operator, Enel, not to benefit anyone else. That's pure and simple business.

If in 20yrs it is no longer a viable venture, they will walk away. And if they go bankrupt , the landowners will have some large pasture ornaments doing nothing.

Wilma

In this case then, you are saying that Commissioners Hendricks and Liebau should both recuse themselves from voting on this issue.  In a Board of County Commissioners where there are only three members, who then, is going to cast the deciding vote?  Doesn't any matter need a majority vote?  How do you get a majority vote when only one member is allowed to vote?

Jefe, you are right about family members do not necessarily benefit from what their parents own.  In my job as a legal secretary, I used to type wills and there was more than once that children were left out of the will.  No one knows what goes on inside a family except the family and their attorneys.

Hefe de vaca

I am not sure just how many votes were made regarding this project, I wouldn't think very many, save the decision to take the PILOT money instead of taxing Enel . I don't think anyone has disputed the decision, only fought over what to spend it on, and where, which seems to be the bigger issue. This county has a history of dispute over who get's what, instead of working as one community, which I realize it is not, but the concept of unity could at least be given thought. " Together we stand,"

srkruzich

Quote from: Jefe de vaca on July 17, 2011, 08:34:26 AM
     I am not sure just how many votes were made regarding this project, I wouldn't think very many, save the decision to take the PILOT money instead of taxing Enel . I don't think anyone has disputed the decision, only fought over what to spend it on, and where, which seems to be the bigger issue. This county has a history of dispute over who get's what, instead of working as one community, which I realize it is not, but the concept of unity could at least be given thought. " Together we stand,"

The problem it seems on the Pilot is that you got this group that wants to spend it on trinkets that won't be there 10 years from now because the money will be gone and nothing to support it. Then on the other hand you got the folks that want to use it to reduce the debt the county is in as well as taxes on landowners.  The latter option would be the wisest move.  Get out of debt, require the county to stop running a deficit.  Make them balance the budget, operate with only money in hand and if it ain't there, it doesn't get done!

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk