The Will To Independence....

Started by redcliffsw, April 14, 2011, 08:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

150 Years After Fort Sumter: Independence Is There For Those With the Will to Take It.

Fifty years later, after the enforcement of Brown vs. Board and what can only be called the Second Reconstruction, I suspect today's Richmond fourth graders are not as Confederate as my class was.  I'm certain their teachers are not as Confederate....

Looking back 150 years, I am struck by how remote an irritant the federal government then was. About the only brush with Washington most Americans ever had was buying stamps at the post office. The feds never dreamed of telling you whom you had to hire, what you could put in your food, or how many days off you had to give the help. No American had to account to Washington for every penny he earned, and then hand over a big part of it. Not even Louis XIV or Ivan the Terrible exercised that kind of tyranny. The people of Illinois and Wisconsin would have voted articles of secession before South Carolina did if they had lived in the grip of today's central government.
-Jared Taylor

http://vdare.com/taylor/110411_confederate.htm

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk