I Love Gong To Walmart!

Started by sixdogsmom, April 13, 2011, 11:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

Today, I was in Independence and also stopped at Walmart. While there, I bought some groceries along with ingredients for salad. I stood for awhile, watching people visit the tomato counter where tomatoes were priced at a whopping $2.78 per pound. I watched one man grit his teeth, get a produce bag, and end up wadding it up and putting it in his pocket. Wow! That is enough to make anyone cringe! BTW, I did buy a nice large tomato plant for $2.50. I will set it out in my tub where I raised cherry tomatoes last year. Meanwhile, I will make salad with the super sized oranges I bought last week along with some of the extra large green grapes. I did buy a box of mixed fresh greens that I will use in my salad, and freeze for soup when they get a little long in the tooth. Too bad that the blueberries were overpriced and under fresh, they would have been good also. Maybe next time!
Edie

Ross

Quote from: sixdogsmom on April 13, 2011, 11:35:47 PM
I stood for awhile, watching people visit the tomato counter where tomatoes were priced at a whopping $2.78 per pound.

If you think $2.78 per pound is bad hang around for a short while. An awful lot of economist are saying that we are about to enter into hyper-inflation forget double digit inlfation we are already there. Everyone should be preparing for the worst, preparing for a depression. I only pray it doesn't happen.

srkruzich

Quote from: Ross on April 24, 2011, 04:50:36 AM
If you think $2.78 per pound is bad hang around for a short while. An awful lot of economist are saying that we are about to enter into hyper-inflation forget double digit inlfation we are already there. Everyone should be preparing for the worst, preparing for a depression. I only pray it doesn't happen.

If your not seeingi t already it surely is amazing.  just got a loaf of breat, pack of turkey for sandwiches, a 2 liter of drink, bottle of mustard and a bag of chips all generic cost me 20 dollars :|
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

redcliffsw

Would you give 10 cents a piece for tomatoes from the Walmart/store?  Not much good in my opinion. 

Garden tomatoes are the only kind to have.

srkruzich

Quote from: redcliffsw on April 24, 2011, 06:43:25 AM
Would you give 10 cents a piece for tomatoes from the Walmart/store?  Not much good in my opinion. 

Garden tomatoes are the only kind to have.
I have gotten some that were good as garden tomatos. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk