County Commissioners Meeting

Started by Ross, April 11, 2011, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flintauqua

Quote from: Ross on April 12, 2011, 11:43:15 AM
In the nations capital they have PAC's and lobbyist that influcence our government's actions and they are not well liked by anyone. I'm not dissing Obama, but how do you think he got into office. He wasn't worth millins but yet PAC's raised 3/4 of a billion for him. This year they are expected to raise closer to a billion.

And the NRA, Americans for Prrosperity, Freedom Works and a thousand other right-leaning groups aren't PACs and/or lobbying organizations?  Are they also 'not well liked'?  Will they not raise and distribute billions for conservative and reactionary candidates in the next election cycle?
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

flintauqua

Quote from: Ross on April 12, 2011, 11:43:15 AM
It's my opinion and I know it's right

From Websters:

conceited - 1. having an exaggerated opinion of oneself, one's merits, etc; vain  2. whimsical; fanciful
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

Ross

Quote from: Patriot on April 11, 2011, 09:31:32 PM
b][/i]

Criminal complaint?  Hmmmmm.  Do we even have local conflict of interest laws in Elk County?

I just spoke with Senator Jeff King and State Rep. Jim Kelly at the Swing Bridge Cafe about this.
And they told me there is no conflict of interest laws in Kansas. For what that is worth. Your message seems to say otherwise even with a link.

I addressed the fact that EK has recieved a $3000 Scholarship from the Kansas Department of Commerce which is funded by state taxpayers. After quizzing them about the fact that I thought scholarships were for kids to use to go to college and they agreed. I asked about the use of a scholarship by a private organization and why they could get away with it. This is where the crawfishing took place. They started saying that scholarships are sometimes used to fund other things. I just don't believe that is right, in my opinion that is stealing from the college kids. I told them I would take it up with Derick Schmidts office.

Mr. Ritz county commissioner was there and agreed with me that EK should stay out of county business. He said that's what we elected him for.

Patriot would you be interested in going together to visit with the county attorney? Let me know.

Ross

Quote from: flintauqua on April 12, 2011, 01:10:44 PM
From Websters:

conceited - 1. having an exaggerated opinion of oneself, one's merits, etc; vain  2. whimsical; fanciful

Not really concieted, it jsut my opinion.

Ross

Quote from: flintauqua on April 12, 2011, 12:39:03 PM
And the NRA, Americans for Prrosperity, Freedom Works and a thousand other right-leaning groups aren't PACs and/or lobbying organizations?  Are they also 'not well liked'?  Will they not raise and distribute billions for conservative and reactionary candidates in the next election cycle?

Perhaps I mis-stated my self. The one's you mentioned are working for legislation to follow the constitution, not control the taxpaysers dollars. I may be wrong, if I am my sincerest apologies.

Ross

Quote from: flintauqua on April 12, 2011, 02:53:57 PM
Is it just me or do the posts from Patriot and Ross seem to be different parts of the same soliloquy?

No way.

Patriot

Is it just me or do the posts from Patriot and Ross seem to be different parts of the same soliloquy?

For what it's worth, I don't even know Ross.  Can we try to stay on topic now?  Or would you prefer a good flaming session?  Sheesh.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Teresa

Its just you~~~~~~~~~ They are different people...........
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Teresa

Quote from: flintauqua on April 12, 2011, 06:45:16 PM
Thank you Teresa, I'd had others ask me.  I know who Ross is; Patriot . . . ???

and I guess if he wants you to know.. he will tell you.. if not............... :)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk