Entitlements????

Started by Jo McDonald, April 10, 2011, 09:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo McDonald

Entitlement my ass , I paid cash for my social security insurance!!!! Just because they borrowed the money , doesn't make my benefits some kind of charity or handout !! Congressional benefits, aka. free healthcare, outrageous retirement packages , 67 paid holidays , three weeks paid vacation, unlimited paid sick days, now that's welfare, and they have the nerve to call my retirement, entitlements !!!!!!
What the HELL's wrong???

WAKE UP AMERICA !!!!

Tuesday's Daily Bulletin paper, ran two articles on the front page side by side :

1- Calif 's 20 Billion Dollar Budget Deficit

2- The Calif Supreme Court ruling that ILLEGALS can attend college and get benefits.

Why don't they just deport them when they arrive to register?

3- Last year they ran an article on the yearly costs to Calif Taxpayers from Illegals using Hospital Emergency Rooms for their general health care -

At just one hospital the cost to tax payers totaled over 25 million a year 

Someone please tell me what the HELL's wrong with all the people that run this country!!!!!!

We're "broke" & can't help our own Seniors, Veterans, Orphans, Homeless etc.,???????????

In the last months we have provided aid to Haiti , Chile , and Turkey . And now Pakistan .....home of Bin Laden.  Literally, BILLIONS of DOLLARS!!!

Our retired seniors living on a 'fixed income' receive no aid nor do they get any breaks while our government and religious organizations pour Hundreds of Billions of $$$$$$'s and Tons of Food to Foreign Countries!

They call Social Security and Medicare an entitlement even though most of us have been paying for it all our working lives and now when its time for us to collect, the government is running out of money. Why did the government borrow from it in the first place?

We have hundreds of adoptable children who are shoved aside to make room for the adoption of foreign orphans.

AMERICA: a country where we have homeless without shelter, children going to bed hungry, elderly going without 'needed' meds, and mentally ill without treatment -etc,etc.

YET.......................
They had a 'Benefit'  for the people of Haiti on 12 TV stations, ships and planes lining up with food, water, tents clothes, bedding, doctors and medical supplies.

Imagine if the *GOVERNMENT* gave 'US' the same support they give to other countries.

Sad isn't it?

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Teresa

well!  Don't mince words mama... just tell it like it is..  ;D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Jo McDonald

All righty then~~~~~~~~

THE NEXT TIME I WILL.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Wilma

Jo is so right.  We older citizens are not receiving entitlements.  We have worked for everything we get.

sodbuster

Quote from: Wilma on April 12, 2011, 03:50:32 PM
Jo is so right.  We older citizens are not receiving entitlements.  We have worked for everything we get.
Social Security by definition is an entitlement. It is not Insurance. Those that are getting paid SS now are funded by those that are working now and paying into SS.  Yes, the government should have been putting this money away to fund these promises etc. So much for the technical arguement. Those people that have been paying a special tax into social security should not have any problem expecting that they should reap the benefits now after having paid these taxes all their working life. I pay road tax I expect a road I can travel on. The Baby Boomers are entering the SS years and a far more powerful voting block than anyone else. Since I am a Baby Boomer that paid SS all my life I can say I am "entitled" to it. Doesn't matter in this case right or wrong, it just matters who has the biggest voting block. Dear youngsters due to the fact you don't vote the current government is running up some big charges on your "credit card".  (Just a rant on my part it does not necessarily state my belief, but it does point to the arguements on the subject that are bouncing around my mind.)

David
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk