Could this be Israel's next War?

Started by Warph, April 09, 2011, 12:36:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Quote from: jerry wagner on April 18, 2011, 10:13:38 AM
I love that you quote a book that is written by MAN.... the most fallible creature and yet you quote WORD FOR WORD was is written as if it is to be believed beyond doubt.  Laughable is the word that comes to mind.  That the events could have occurred that are written in the KJV bible are possible, no doubt, but that does not mean that the exact words are to be repeated to prove a point.  Quotes are open to interpretation and further your quoting does not even take into account that the original authors could have and probably did insert THEIR OWN OPINIONS into the writings.

OH MY GOD!!!!!  I am telling  everyone right this minute that we are going to have a blizzard such as we have never seen.. winds that will be in gales and gusts well over 1,000 mph... hell will have frozen over for all eternity...................

*sobbing and choking.. hardly able to breathe....................................................................... but.........................
I agree with...... ""swallowing hard................ Jerry.. on this one.. *

falling over...fainting...!

;D ;D ;D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

srkruzich

Quote from: redcliffsw on April 18, 2011, 09:18:15 AM
II Cor 4: 3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
            4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Had someone on FB argue with me that a verse i posted was translated wrong, so i went to the original hebrew characters used, and translated it using translators and low and behold it said the same thing as the KJV said
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

thatsMRSc2u

Um...yall DO realize that "King" James had the Bible rewritten to suit HIS beliefs and morals right?? Told em what to put in and what to leave out? I mean since yall are such serious scholars and all you MUST know that.

Just to be clear I am talking to/about Red and Kruzich... I am probly gonna bow out cause I have a BLACK mood by the tail and it was a HUGE mistake to even read this today.

srkruzich

Quote from: thatsMRSc2u on April 18, 2011, 11:35:01 AM
 Um...yall DO realize that "King" James had the Bible rewritten to suit HIS beliefs and morals right?? Told em what to put in and what to leave out? I mean since yall are such serious scholars and all you MUST know that.
No he didn't.  It is a word for word translation, which we can reference back to the oldest texts. And the Oldest texts Agree with the KJV translation.  BUT please feel free to search the KJV looking for any word for word translation that does not agree with the original texts and bring them to me.  :)

Also would like to see the proof that it was written to suit his beliefs.  But lets forget KJV, why not go for Wycliff which is just like KJV. :) but written long before King James was ever thought of...... Then you have Martin Luther.....and the luther bible....

Anmar

Quote from: srkruzich on April 18, 2011, 11:56:49 AM

No he didn't.  It is a word for word translation, which we can reference back to the oldest texts. And the Oldest texts Agree with the KJV translation.  BUT please feel free to search the KJV looking for any word for word translation that does not agree with the original texts and bring them to me.  :)

Also would like to see the proof that it was written to suit his beliefs.  But lets forget KJV, why not go for Wycliff which is just like KJV. :) but written long before King James was ever thought of...... Then you have Martin Luther.....and the luther bible....

Its pretty common knowledge that its not a word for word translation and that James influenced the bible for his own needs.  I think the burden of proof is on you.  You're making a lot of pretty far out there claims,  you keep saying you've done this, you've done that.  don't ask us for proof, lets see yours.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

Patriot

Quote from: Anmar on April 18, 2011, 12:21:23 PM
Its pretty common knowledge that its not a word for word translation and that James influenced the bible for his own needs.  I think the burden of proof is on you.  You're making a lot of pretty far out there claims,  you keep saying you've done this, you've done that.  don't ask us for proof, lets see yours.

And you don't think "Its pretty common knowledge" isn't a non-factually supported statement.  Common to whom?  Biblical scholars, theologians?  Language experts, laypersons, catfish?  Just to be clear, Anmar, you are not exempt from making far out and/or unsubstantiated claims.  So, while he's getting his proof, let's see yours.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

thatsMRSc2u

QuoteAlso would like to see the proof that it was written to suit his beliefs.

Actually he had it RE-translated to take care of problems the PURITANS had with all the other translations of the time, and we all know they were a great bunch of guys :P
Don't make the mistake of thinking just because I wont get into a pissin match with you over who knows what that I dont know what the hell I'm talkin about.

Patriot

Quote from: thatsMRSc2u on April 18, 2011, 12:33:13 PM
Don't make the mistake of thinking just because I wont get into a pissin match with you over who knows what that I dont know what the hell I'm talkin about.

And when you cover your eyes with your hands we can't see you.  
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Anmar

"The chief source of problems is solutions"

srkruzich

Quote from: Anmar on April 18, 2011, 02:12:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdceGCc6FvU&feature=related

Ok this is proof of?? Palestinians throwing hand grenades pipe bombs and machine gunning down christians and jews! Yeah we know this.

My challange to you still stands, read it word for word in kjv, compare the words to the original texts.  Do your own translations.  When you do come back and tell me what you find.  Until then you cannot tell me that it is fallible or it has been translated to fit anyones belief.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk