Texas Speed Limit

Started by W. Gray, April 07, 2011, 08:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

I see where a bill has been introduced in Texas to raise the speed limit to 85.

Has not been that long ago that the Kansas Turnpike had an 80 mph speed limit. Also has not been that long that Kansas had a 55 mph speed limit along with the rest of the nation.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

flintauqua

The Leg recently voted to increase the speed limit to 75 on divided limited access highways (basically the Interstates and K-10 from Lenexa to near Lawrence).  I don't think the Gov has signed the bill yet, but is expected to.

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/04/01/2769933/speed-limit-likely-going-higher.html
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

W. Gray

Good. That drop down from 75 to 70 coming from Colorado is always a big let down even though it is only 5 mph.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

larryJ

This made me remember of a time when I attended a mini-reunion held in Durango, CO.  There were two different conventions going on at the place where we stayed.  One was a group of Hudson (the car) owners and the other was a group of highway patrol officers.  In talking to the officers, I was told that driving in New Mexico, stay within the speed limit, driving in Arizona, you can go pretty much how fast you want within reason and not causing any problems, and in California, five miles per hour over the limit is acceptable, again as long as you are not being irrresponsibile.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Ms Bear

I was amazed to hear that they were considering raising the speed limit here it Texas considering giving tickets is the only income for some of the small towns but also knowing that the average speed most of the drivers are going on the stretch of highway I drive on is 75 to 85 between 6 and 8 am, 70 to 80 between 8 am and noon.  Coming home in the evening is usually running between 70 and 80, the posted speed limit is 65 and I don't think I have driven 65 except when my husband was back seat driving.  He finally learned to get in, buckle up and shut up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk