Simply Amazing..

Started by Varmit, April 06, 2011, 04:23:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kshillbillys

It's only open for an hour and a half in most smaller towns on Saturday. I think they figure that gives people enough time to come buy stamps or mail something or pick up a package. And that way they don't have to spend a lot of money on having the office open til noon. And also, someone of authority is there to make sure the rural carriers are doing their thing and can tell them if there are any problems, via messages from the higher ups on the computer. Sorry if I jumped too hard on you Jane.
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Ross

Quote from: Varmit on April 08, 2011, 10:11:18 AM
but squarely on the shoulders of the average citizen. 

When's the last time anyone has gone to a county commissioners or school board meeting?

kshillbillys

We try to go to the school board meetings but haven't been for a couple of months because they've been holding them on Saturday mornings over here at Longton and I'm usually at work. We go to our city council meetings every month and every time they hold a special meeting and I know about it. I've never been to a commission meeting because my day off never seems to fall right.
To us, if people want to gripe about what's going on they should at least go to the meetings to hear first hand about what is taking place at those meetings.
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Jane

Thats ok kshillbillys, it just really upsets me that the first place they look to save money is from the people that are protecting this country. Of course I have never heard anyone from the House or the Senate say they will give up their wage. I know there are people that need help from some of the goverment programs but I think they could take a good look at all the programs there are out there and try and reorganize them to do the job and use less money. I think welfare should be revamped, that is an area were there are people needing it and other people just living off if it generation after generation.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk