Simply Amazing..

Started by Varmit, April 06, 2011, 04:23:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varmit

I find it utterly amazing that most people in this country, Left, Right, and Middle, just don't get it.  All of the arguing over politics and such, this canidate v. that canidate, this policy v. that policy, don't amount to a hill of beans.  Our entire system is so screwed that those things SIMPLY DO NOT MATTER!  The buzz word of the day seems to be money.  We argue over how much, why, and where we spend it.  Without realizing what it is that we are aruging over.  Bits and pieces of paper that are worth...you ready for this...NOTHING!!  Our federal reserve notes are not backed by anything.  Not gold, sliver, or even lead for that matter,  they are backed by credit.  You got that?  Our money is backed by something immaterial..an idea..something that basically doesn't exist.  Yet we spend our whole lives working our asses off trying to get as much of it as possible, we fight wars over it, hell we've reached a point that now we even say that a pile of it big enough is worth a human life.  I mean, really how sick is that? 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

thatsMRSc2u

Ross

You are quite right Varmit.
I have read several economist that call our monetary system
a gigantic ponzi scheme destined to collapse.
And in the very near future.

Jane

Hang on to your hats boys. If Obama gets the White house back in 2012. We think things are bad now. We ain't seen nothing yet.  :'(

sodbuster

Amazing is not the word I would use; I think I lean more towards frustrating, insane, ambivolent (sp? for Wilma sake ;)).

Varmit, your post has a big resonance with me and I get it. Pam, is that all you can say, are you at a loss for words as I am? Jane, don't get me started on my conspiracy theory on how Bush, Obama, Clinton are all part of the plan by the powers that be. (Jane I think you get it too).  The last time we took a stab a fixing the US was during Regan's stint as President. I voted against him the first time I was legal to vote, then for him the next round. Just rambling here, but all the things that are causing us problems now were happening during the 70's. Not only have we not fixed them we have let them get worse. Clinton, Obama, Bush Jr. if you look at their records you won't see much difference. We the people have lost most of our power in what goes on in the political system of the nation. Just my cynical rant to make me feel better. I will save the "fixes" that we need for later, though I think many will agree with me that our national government (Prez, Congress etc) is no longer ours.

David
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

Varmit

It ain't about obama, hes only one man.  Its about the whole system.  And not just ours, but everybodies.  Gov'ts, borders, countries, they don't mean squat anymore.  They're all just a part of the illusion to keep us focused on what is right in front of our face so that we don't see the big picture.  Think about it.  How many times have you heard someone hold up a piece of paper and say "This says that I have the right to do this.."?  Well, I say the hell with that, I decide what my rights are, not some hundreds years old piece of paper.  There is no "fixing" the u.s. because the powers that be won't allow it.  This path was laid out long before the 70's. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Warph

Quote from: Varmit on April 06, 2011, 08:48:38 PM
It ain't about obama, hes only one man.  Its about the whole system.  

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.  Have you ever wondered, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits... WHY do we have deficits?  Have you ever wondered, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes.... WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget... the President does.  You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations.... the House of Representatives does.  You and I don't write the tax code or set fiscal policy... Congress does.  You and I don't control monetary policy... the Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators... 435 congressmen... one President... and nine Supreme Court justices... equates to 545 human beings out of the 300 million plus are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.  I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress.  In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered, but private, central bank.

I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason.  They have no legal authority.  They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman, or a President to do one cotton-picking thing.  I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash.  The politician has the power to accept or reject it.  No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility to determine how he votes.

Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault.  They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.

What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall.  No normal human being would have the gall of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits.  The President can only propose a budget.  He cannot force the Congress to accept it.

The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes.  Who is the speaker of the House?  John Boehner.  He is the leader of the majority party.  He and fellow House members... not the President.... can approve any budget they want.  If the President vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to.

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million plus cannot replace 545 people who stand convicted....by present fact...... of incompetence and irresponsibility.  I can't think of a single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people.  When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.

If the tax code is unfair... it's because they want it unfair.

If the budget is in the red... it's because they want it in the red.

If the Army & Marines are in Iraq and Afghanistan.... it's because they want them in Iraq and Afghanistan.

If they do not receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not available to the people... it's because they want it that way.

There are no insoluble government problems.

Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats.... whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists... whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators... to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power.  Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like "the economy," "inflation," or "politics" that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

thatsMRSc2u

QuotePam, is that all you can say, are you at a loss for words as I am?

No not at a loss for words...just figured "no shit" pretty much covered it! As  would "Well duh" or "tell me somethin I DON'T already know" or "Imagine that" :)

and Warph......No shit? LOL

Jane

::)As we look back at the last campaign, I keep wondering why they put a 72 year old man and a woman that was unknown by everyone to run against a person that is a sweet talker. Seems strang to me.

Varmit

Quote from: Warph on April 07, 2011, 08:55:26 AM
Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats....

If we are going to play the blame game, then lets put it where it belongs.  Not at the feet of politicans, bureaucrats, the president, congress, mayors, city officals, or any other gov't employee...but squarely on the shoulders of the average citizen.  They're the ones that do the electing, they're the ones that keep following the same B.S. party lines, they're the ones that give up their freedom and the power over their own lives and place it in the hands of the "officals".  Go ask the average citizen what he can do to change the government and he will say "I can vote."  He believes that is the extent of his power and freedom.  He has forgotten what it is to be a sovereign individual.  Unfortunately this is a diease that has infected 99% of the worlds population.  And this isn't a new phenomenon, it has been occuring for millennia.  Religion, Education, Politics, Government, Laws...they are all the same thing.  Simply a means for a few to control the many.  And it doesn't matter what country or form of government, the greatest lies ever told work.

Look at America.  Land of the free and home of the brave right?...Wrong.  More like Land of the rats trapped in a cage. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk