Full Moon........

Started by patyrn, March 19, 2011, 09:12:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

The biggest full moon of 2011 will be visible on Saturday, March 19, weather permitting.  The moon will arrive at its closest point to the Earth for the year.

larryJ

You are absolutely right, Karen, the moon will be in the perigee phase of it's orbit.  It will be 31,000 miles closer than average.
As mentioned in the "Slice of Wry" column, today is Perigee Day.  The moon also affects tides, so the tides will be a lttle higher and they are known as Perigean Tides.  Rain has been predicted for SoCal this weekend, so we may not see it, but I got a glimpse last night of the moon and it was huge.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

It was lovely last night and tonight will be even better.

Judy Harder

The clouds were still here last night when I walked the dogs one final time for the day. But, this morning when we got up and out the moon was still shining, but in the west and looked like a giant beacon.........and slightly reddish. Beautiful and so bright.
Have you noticed how much the birds are liking the mornings..........and the singing that they are doing? Better than a radio/cd or even a live concert!
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

larryJ

We actually got a break in the clouds last night and could enjoy the "super moon."  So beautiful. 

Today, watching it rain.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

I enjoyed the moon both Saturday and Sunday night. I took out my binoculars and was amazed at the features I could see. I should have dragged out my telescope but was too lazy to do it. Judy, I agree, the birds wake up songs are really sounding like spring.The papa cardinals have added several more songs to their repertoire.

twirldoggy

Have really enjoyed the birds singing and we even have babies.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk