Is $200 Oil Possible?...

Started by redcliffsw, January 22, 2011, 08:40:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

Varmit

Oil could hit $200...good.  Yeah, I know it will drive gas prices waaay but maybe thats whats needed to get this country off its collective ass and start looking for better alternatives.  Ones with less impact on the enviroment and that are more sustainable.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

srkruzich

Quote from: Varmit on January 22, 2011, 09:57:34 AM
Oil could hit $200...good.  Yeah, I know it will drive gas prices waaay but maybe thats whats needed to get this country off its collective ass and start looking for better alternatives.  Ones with less impact on the enviroment and that are more sustainable.

LIKe?  Just so that you know nothing can compare to oil.  Just not enough energy release.  Solar is a joke, no way to even rely on that, wind isn't reliable especially for fuel for cars.  Propane/lpn is far less power per gallon than gas is, Only thing that would fuel a car wouldb e nuclear powerpak to drive electric. Electric is not feasible today.  best their going to get on that is 100 miles per charge and That isn't produced clean, they burn coal and oil to get that...
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Varmit

I don't have an answer to your question, if I did I would be billionaire.  Thats why we need more research into alternative fuels.  Because simply put, theres only so much oil.  What happens when it runs out?  Theres hydrogen, steam, bio-fuels, nuclear, so forth and so.  Just because we haven't found one yet doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  But we won't find one if we don't look.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

srkruzich

Quote from: Varmit on January 22, 2011, 10:32:59 AM
I don't have an answer to your question, if I did I would be billionaire.  Thats why we need more research into alternative fuels.  Because simply put, theres only so much oil.  What happens when it runs out?  Theres hydrogen, steam, bio-fuels, nuclear, so forth and so.  Just because we haven't found one yet doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  But we won't find one if we don't look.
RIght now as it is we aren't going to be alive to worry about it, nor will our kids.   As with anything this country has ever done in the past, we'll devlop something to take its place when the time calls for it.  But no need to collapse the economy as well as suck out the pockets of every american just to fuel research and development. Leave that to the private market, free market. The govt isn't in business to do R&D.  Thats private enterprise's business.

Varmit

Quote from: srkruzich on January 22, 2011, 11:52:54 AM
RIght now as it is we aren't going to be alive to worry about it, nor will our kids.   As with anything this country has ever done in the past, we'll devlop something to take its place when the time calls for it.  But no need to collapse the economy as well as suck out the pockets of every american just to fuel research and development. Leave that to the private market, free market. The govt isn't in business to do R&D.  Thats private enterprise's business.

So we just buck the responsibility onto our kids and grandkids?  Thats the problem w/this country.  We've make future generations clean up the mess we make.  As for the economy, in case you haven't noticed its pretty much collapsed, its just being held up on false support the way it is.  Fankly, collapsing it and forcing the changes we need is exactly whats called for.

srkruzich

Quote from: Varmit on January 22, 2011, 12:35:26 PM
So we just buck the responsibility onto our kids and grandkids?  Thats the problem w/this country.  We've make future generations clean up the mess we make.  As for the economy, in case you haven't noticed its pretty much collapsed, its just being held up on false support the way it is.  Fankly, collapsing it and forcing the changes we need is exactly whats called for.
No the economy hasn't collapsed, but its going to. You haven't seen hard times yet. 
Secondly we cannot envision what 100 years from now or even 200 years from now (what i read is the estmated supply of oil).  50 years from now we have no clue as to whats goingg to be the tech available.
We do not need government handling anything like this. Leave it to the free market.  It was the free market that built this country fast in the last 100 years, not the government.

thatsMRSc2u

QuoteRIght now as it is we aren't going to be alive to worry about it, nor will our kids.

but our great grandkids will be................try thinkin SEVEN generations ahead instead of just one or two. This "well I aint gonna be alive for it to affect me thinkin" is the PROBLEM.

srkruzich

Quote from: thatsMRSc2u on January 22, 2011, 01:14:06 PM
but our great grandkids will be................try thinkin SEVEN generations ahead instead of just one or two. This "well I aint gonna be alive for it to affect me thinkin" is the PROBLEM.
You know, 7 generations ago no one had any concept of how we would be today. And 7 generations from now we won't even be remembered.   The technology, its going to come with time.  We have to take care of ourselves right now not 7 generations from now.  As far as oil why does it concern anyone?  IF its used up, then theres other resources that can be used, not as effective as oil but available.  Whats the big concern about oil?   

Quite frankly i doubt there will be 3 more generations on this earth much less 7.  We are fast losing the Generation that saw Israel become a state, and this world will be a one world government, heading in the fastlane to Armageddon before that generation passes

Roma Jean Turner

Feelin' better about buying that new moutain bike.  Thanks.  Can't prove it but I think oil is a natural by product of the life of the planet.  Not that we should squander it but I don't think we will suck it down to the last drop.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk