Where's Warph?

Started by kshillbillys, January 20, 2011, 09:46:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

Better run for the hills, people....................it is going to get busy............LOL
Glad you are feeling better and are back with us.
give em heck Warph!
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Warph

Quote from: frawin on February 02, 2011, 11:52:53 AM
WARPH, sorry to hear you have been sick, hope you are better soon. Warph, I would really like to hear what you have to say about the unrest in the Middle East. My concern is that it is going to spread into to several other countries there and cause major problems in the World oil supply.

I  have enjoyed your posts on the world oil situation... keep it up, very informative.  And it is good to be back... still having effects from the valley fever... good days and bad days.  Now if I could get rid of this silly rash I get from it, I might make a visit to the 19th Hole.... LOL

Sorry it has taken so long to answer your question... in fact you answered yourself, Frank.  It is going to be a hell of a mess by this summer.  Okay... let me be clear from the outset,  Mubarak was a ruthless dictator.  No question about it.  But Egypt is not like the US either.  They have very real internal security issues to deal with... I mean big time.  That is a not insignificant fraction of the population which is in favor of a unified Arab Middle East lead by the Wahabbist/Shiite arm of Islam.  Egypt made peace with Israel many years ago after having it's arse handed to it many many times by Israel.  Under that situation Democracy becomes very dangerous.  It is said that Democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what is for dinner, and true Democracy is the fastest road to anarchy yet known to man.  Our own founding fathers had a very justified fear of true Democracy.... which is why we do not have a democracy in this country.... we have a constitutional representative Republic where there are mechanisms in place to blunt the claws of true Democracy.  Mubarak's dictatorship served a similar function, preventing the dangerous radicals from gaining a toehold in Egypt's government.  Those mechanisms just went out the window.  Will Egypt as a country survive?  Will there still be peace between Israel and Egypt?  I do not know.  To tell you the truth, I fear for the worst.

Libya???... don't get me started on that.  LOL...

....Warph
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

sodbuster

Quote from: Warph on February 28, 2011, 01:49:08 PM
I  have enjoyed your posts on the world oil situation... keep it up, very informative.  And it is good to be back... still having effects from the valley fever... good days and bad days.  Now if I could get rid of this silly rash I get from it, I might make a visit to the 19th Hole.... LOL

Sorry it has taken so long to answer your question... in fact you answered yourself, Frank.  It is going to be a hell of a mess by this summer.  Okay... let me be clear from the outset,  Mubarak was a ruthless dictator.  No question about it.  But Egypt is not like the US either.  They have very real internal security issues to deal with... I mean big time.  That is a not insignificant fraction of the population which is in favor of a unified Arab Middle East lead by the Wahabbist/Shiite arm of Islam.  Egypt made peace with Israel many years ago after having it's arse handed to it many many times by Israel.  Under that situation Democracy becomes very dangerous.  It is said that Democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what is for dinner, and true Democracy is the fastest road to anarchy yet known to man.  Our own founding fathers had a very justified fear of true Democracy.... which is why we do not have a democracy in this country.... we have a constitutional representative Republic where there are mechanisms in place to blunt the claws of true Democracy.  Mubarak's dictatorship served a similar function, preventing the dangerous radicals from gaining a toehold in Egypt's government.  Those mechanisms just went out the window.  Will Egypt as a country survive?  Will there still be peace between Israel and Egypt?  I do not know.  To tell you the truth, I fear for the worst.

Libya???... don't get me started on that.  LOL...

....Warph

Warph good to see you back on the forum. I miss your intelligent and witty responses.  I would really like to hear your take on all this unrest in the middle east, due to your experience in the State Dept. Otherwise I have to try and follow my Willie Brown politics here in Cal. It is interesting to see Google join the ranks of the top companies in the US. Now that they have helped the government do their covert take over of the middle east, signals their arrival into the mainstream.  My guess is this will go down in history as one of the great manuevers by the US government;  since Regan's destruction of the Soviet Union.  David Alexander
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk