And speaking of terrorists...

Started by Patriot, January 18, 2011, 05:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

Remember the Palestinian Liberation Organization (PLO)?  Remember Yassar Arafat?  The organization & man designated as terrorist back in the early 70's.  Hijacking airplanes and the like.  I was in the military at the time & I remember all to well.  Thanks Jimmy Carter & Company.  Goodness, how times have changed!

Palestinian flag hangs from the Palestinian mission to the U.S.A. in Washington, D.C., January 18, 2011.
Photo by: Natasha Mozgovaya

Story:  http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/palestinian-u-s-mission-raises-flag-in-washington-for-first-time-1.337811

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Varmit

So what.  Bringig up Yassar Arafat and hijackings that happened...what over 30 years ago.  I'm pretty sure the British thought the same thing after the Revolution.  Regardless of Isreali and Palestinian relations the palestinians have just as much right to exist as anyone else.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Patriot

I don't think my post had a damned thing to do with the Palestinian peoples 'right to exist'.  As to what happened 30 years ago - unlike the British, the Palestinian leadership doesn't seem to have moved forward to living with agreements resulting in peaceful coexistence.  Yep the Palestinian people sure do have a right to exist.  And as soon as their leadership begin to stand by their agreements (from Arafat & Israel-PLO letters of recognition & the Oslo Accords on), maybe the people can begin to exist in peace and increasing prosperity.  As soon as they start spending their aid money and resources on things other than guns, rockets & hand offs to terrorists, they might see better infrastructure and improved quality of life.

A few examples:

JERUSALEM – Palestinian militias operating out of Lebanon have passed large quantities of heavy weaponry, including rockets, to Hezbollah for use against Israel, a senior Lebanese political source told WND.  http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=37306

Hizballah's eleventh-hour pullback from siege of UN sites and troops  http://www.debka.com/article/20563/

Abbas official: Prepare for 'escalated battle'  http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=51333

The efforts & treasures of nations world over, for years,  have been invested in the so-called middle-east peace process. The implacability of the Palestinian Authority & their allies on territorial issues (even to individual housing developments) seems to stifle all efforts.  Then again, that much maligned & oft disputed document called the Bible had something to say on these matters several thousand years ago (around 520 BCE):  

Zechariah 12:3,9:
And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people; And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Varmit

So in other words...as soon as the palestinians stand down and allow Isreal to do whatever it wants to a foregin nation then they can have peace?  When they stop spending aid money on defense they can prosper?...wht a load of crap.  Maybe if Isreal minded its own damn business there wouldn't be a need for palestinian leadership to spend so much on defense.  Maybe if both sides would pull their heads out of their asses and take religion out of it they could learn to co-exist.  But that ain't gonna happen.  Because all sides of this issue get caught up in the dogma of Man-ruled religion, and it doesn't matter Christian, Jew, or Muslim, its all the same.  The preachers, rabbis, and Imans want to tell others how to live.  And until people realize that it doesn't matter what we call Him, God, Yaweh, Allah...theres only one and we are all His creation.  He didn't put us here to rule over each other or to fight over how we worship, but to live in peace and harmony with each other and the rest of creation. 

But that ain't gonna happen because ego and ignorance have become the ruling factors in religon today.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Anmar

what the hell, i stop coming around for awhile and varmit becomes the voice of reason?  whats the world coming to?  Carry on
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk