Out of the Fire

Started by sodbuster, January 01, 2011, 11:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

Heck Judy, we just thought you had been into the cooking sherry!  ;D  :angel:
Edie

Judy Harder

I tried cooking sherry ONCE..........nastiest stuff I had tasted that wasn't medicine........it didn't help the
gameyness of the duck either......made it worse. Ok...........I will go back and change the name...........OH,
no I won't............gives us a different topic to discuss.....LOL
Oh, if anyone here has a wanting to be an author or write a book, there are several topics just reading the replies to the original topic that I could see becoming a nice book.
Two would be the tales of the teachers from Elk Valley and now this book of David's...........see I got it right.
It is just that I enjoy reading both of their comments that and they talk about California it is easy to get them wrong.

Larry, David, whoever, it is your turn! LOL
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

sixdogsmom

Edie

twirldoggy

Cooking sherry is best when you buy the most expensive brand and put a small amount of it it into beef dishes like beef stroganof

Judy Harder

You can have the sherry,...now if you have a nice beer, like Millers lite or Coors  even some of Jarhead's home brew, or even the cheaper stuff I would drink it as I was adding it to my V8 juice...did you know that is pretty good stuff...........and very low in calories........think V8 is about 80 and the beer isn't much higher. Oh, I get the non alcoholic (I know my limit) and it is even tastier..
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

twirldoggy

I would really like to hear from the teachers at Elk Valley

sodbuster

Lesson two make sure your friends know how to reach your family in an emergency. They knew my mom, tons of stories about my family, etc. They just didn't have a phone number for my family.  Lesson three and I can't believe I am saying this, thanks for lawyers. The hospital and my friends found my brother through the Bar Association.  Also, Kansas Boy was put in doggie jail when I was hurt and taken to the hospital. After 30 days and many attempts by my friends to get him out of jail, my brother the lawyer got him out. For once I was glad my brother was always right and never took no for an answer. He with the help of Brittany Rescue found Kansas a good home. Kansas is on a 96 acre ranch with his own recliner next to the bed. He gets to chase quail whenever he wants. He also, has tons of grandkids that take turns letting him sleep in their bed. (p.s. this is not the proverbial story of we took him to the farm.) If it is I don't want to know the truth.

Just so you all know I have not talked to anyone else about most of this.  You guys are getting as much of the full story as I am ready to tell.

David
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

greatguns

Your lessons are well taken and once more thanks.  You certainly have me with my thinking cap on.  Take care.

larryJ

I am glad you are here and able to share with us.  There are lessons to be learned or relearned.  I can hardly wait to hear more.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Ms Bear

I am glad you are sharing this with us.  As for this lesson, it is one I needed to be reminded of.  I have a vial of life in my refrigerator and I take it in the car with me when I travel.  It has a copy of my s s card, drivers license, information on all meds that I am on.  But I do need to update it again and also add numbers of my children to contact.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk