Out of the Fire

Started by sodbuster, January 01, 2011, 11:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sodbuster

TThose of you that know me know that on January 2, 2010 at 8:00 pm I was  overcome by fire. This thread is to be a comment by me on my experience. I will discuss god, pain, healthcare, love from friends and family, nursinge homes, anger, what I learned etc. This is a conversation I have been having with myself over the last year. I feel comfortable talking about it here with my forum friends.  I have talked to very few people about this and am still trying to figure it out for myself. You all are helping me by letting me talk about it and I hope it answers some of your questions.

I guess the best place is to start at the beginning of the story.

It was January 2 2010 and I had just gone in to the house to make tacos. I had just been talking to two of my neighbors. One of whom I had a fight with just a week before. His dog that was off leash attacked my dog "Kansas" and I kicked the dog 8 feet down the street. He said I am going to kill you MF. I said come on. It ended there. Back to the 2nd. He said do you know who I am? I said yes, sorry for yelling at you and kicking your dog. He said I am sorry my dog bit your dog. We both agreed we had overreacted. I said I am making tacos you guys wait and I'll bring some over in 10 minutes. The short story is my house caught on fire and I was overcome by smoke after I put out the fire. The fire started again after I had gone back in the house for some unknown reason. I passed out on the floor  and the fire raged on after restarting.   The guy that was going to kill me the week before went into the buring structure and pulled me out saving my life. The lesson there is make amends to those thate you have a problem with. One day they may save your life. This is just the beginning of the miracles etc that I experienced and learned after the fire. More to come. It is a long story I hope you want to hear it.

David

Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

Roma Jean Turner

Yes, I want to hear your story.

larryJ

David, I would love to hear all of your experiences from the beginning on Jan.2 all the way through your treatments, your conversations with yourself and God, your thoughts and opinions.  I would really like to hear this story.  And, I know I am not alone here on the forum.  Besides, those that don't care to hear about you don't have to read it.  Plus, I am sure that by telling us about your experiences is beneficial to you health wise. 

Take care and Happy New Year

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Wilma

greatguns

Yes, I want to hear the story and number one lesson is a good one.  Thanks.

sixdogsmom

David, whatever happened to you this past year has in no way dampened your skill as a story teller. You have gotten my attention, now I want to hear the rest of the story-----------!  :D :D BTW is KAnsas Boy and the beautiful redhead allright?
Edie

Teresa

From everyone's experiences.. if they are shared.. others learn and grow from them..
Glad you feel comfortable enough to share your story on here..
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Judy Harder

Yes, Larry. Please tell us about your trial by fire. I know that the worst pain is caused by fire.
I started to say a broken heart when a loved one dies, but that is a different pain. Physical
pain is what you are healing from, and telling us your story will be just what you need to
complete your healing. God bless you!
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

larryJ

Judy, it is David who wishes to tell the story, not me.  However, I have some storys-------------never mind. ::)

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Judy Harder

Hey, I have an excuse. I am an old woman and my brain takes leave now and then.
With all the aliases here, I have trouble keeping people straight...........and if it would make you feel
better.........--)~~~............LOL thanks for telling us. I will attempt to do better..
Won't happen, but I will try. Hugs and God bless........LOL nice giggle to wake up with..LOL
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk