DURBIN, Emera Mahlon "Stub" - b. April 11, 1927 - d. December 27, 2010

Started by patyrn, December 27, 2010, 09:16:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delbert

I have enjoyed very much visiting with Stub when we go into the cafe.   He always had some comment to make about me.  We talked sports, hunting, and trying to remember peoples names.   He alway made me feel at home.  Will miss him.

flo

I didn't know Stub until Marvin and I started eating at Swinging Bridge when it was on main street.  Knew the name, but don't remember seeing him in person.  We continue to eat at least once a week, sometimes more, usually on Thur. nite for what I call Breakfast for Supper.  Stub never missed saying "hi, how are you folks" when we walked in.  If the waitress and Barbara were busy, up he'd go and bring our menu's, flatware and take our drink order.  Made sure no customer had to wait for service.  Stub was always sitting at the big round table.  Thurs. nites, reading the paper and greeting folks.  RIP, Stub ....... Your time on earth has come to a close, but the memories will live on forever. God's love and comfort to his family.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Roma Jean Turner

One of the things I was looking forward to doing when I got moved to Elk Co was to visit more with Stub at the restaurant.  There aren't many people left who remember my Dad and my Grandfather and I figured he might know some stories. 

Mom70x7

Stub was definitely a treasure and will be missed by many. Prayers for the family.

Jo McDonald

Stub Durbin was a super, nice guy.  I have known him since high school --- He and Fred were the same age and were both in the Navy at the same time. 
   I saw him and Barbara at the Christmas concert at West Elk just two days before he went to the hospital.  We got to exchange a few words at that time.  I could hardly believe he has passed away -- He will be missed.
   My deepest sympathy to his loved ones.
   Jo
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Catwoman

My sincere condolances to the Stub Durbin families...I was fond of Stub...It saddens me greatly to hear of his passing on.  I tried to find words to write a poem in honor of him...But my heart is too heavy for it.  My thoughts, prayers and best wishes go out to those he had to leave behind.

Sincerely...

Cat

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk