Westboro Members to Picket Elizabeth Edwards' Funeral

Started by kshillbillys, December 09, 2010, 08:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twirldoggy

Some of them have very good jobs and work for the State of Kansas.   If they really follow their religious belief system, then they don't do anything fun and would be able to funnel a lot of money into church activities.  More than 10% !

redcliffsw

Perhaps their belief system is a hodge-podge of beliefs.  They use the name "Baptist", yet I'm thinking
they're BJU (methodists) people (or graduates therof).  Do they even know who is their own or what they are?

Jane

One of Freds granddaughters works at St.Francis Health care center here in Topeka. We have also heard they do work for the Saudi's and that is where they get there money for all the travels.  :(

thatsMRSc2u

QuoteThey use the name "Baptist", yet I'm thinking
they're BJU (methodists) people (or graduates therof).
:o  words fail me................

patyrn

If you're speaking of BJU as Bob Jones University, that is NOT Methodist.....................................

twirldoggy

My thoughts are that they accept no one's belief system except their own, which is a delusional system.  The will be many irrationalities contained therein.  This is why the church membership will be small and contained to their own family members and maybe a few others who are involved in the shared delusional thought process.   

I do wonder about the Saudi connection.  Could you say more about this?

redcliffsw

Last I heard Bob Jones University was Methodist.  Nowadyas, it might be hard to say what authority they are under, claim to be.

sodbuster

Quote from: redcliffsw on December 13, 2010, 04:35:26 PM
Last I heard Bob Jones University was Methodist.  Nowadyas, it might be hard to say what authority they are under, claim to be.
Westboro Baptist has no resemblance to the Methodist church that I grew up with in Kansas. Thank goodness I have a friend in Charlotte, NC that forms a protective ring around the services they wish to protest. (Also. they are not part of the Baptist Church I am familiar with, just a group of extemists like the jihadists of the Muslim faith).

Dariagirl
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

Jo McDonald

There is ABSOLUTELY NO resemblance to the Methodist Church that I belong to.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

srkruzich

Quote from: redcliffsw on December 13, 2010, 04:35:26 PM
BJU is not a methodist org. it is a Indepentant Fundamentalist Baptist group and they are a excessivly legalistic group. THey are so far out there that if Christ came down and stood before them they would call him a sinner.
Another one is hyles Anderson College.  Then you have liberty university.  Those three are extreme far right beyond conservative groups. 

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk