Concrete statuary?

Started by indygal, October 17, 2010, 04:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

indygal

Would anyone know of a relatively local place that sells plain outdoor concrete statuary? I'm interested in bird baths, animals, geometric shapes -- that sort of thing. I'm not turning up much through Google and thought I'd see if anyone on the forum would know. I'd be willing to drive 1-2 hours, but not much more than that. Thanks in advance for any help!

W. Gray

There used to be a place just east of Eureka on US 54 but they went out of business several years ago.

We have purchased more than once at Burrton, Kansas, north of Wichita, on US 50 off of I-35. It has a rather large selection but is 113 miles north of Howard.

Good concrete statutory is really heavy. If you go there, they will load it for you but you should have someone help when you get home.

http://www.r-sw.com/sf/sb/home.asp?ac=Do349&cf=yodersornamentalconcrete.com
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Diane Amberg

No garden centers near you? Of course it's kinda the wrong season now. Do you have a Lowes or Home Depot out there? Maybe Walmart? (yuk)

pepelect

There was a huge one between Newton and Hutchinson.  It was around Haven or north of it.

Wilma

Would that be the one at Burrton?  The selection there is huge and worth the drive.  I don't know of any around Wichita.  Lowe's has bird baths.  Many of the nurseries have a small selection, and I mean small.

Mom70x7

Diane -

Lowe's and Home Depot are in Wichita, so not really considered local.

indygal

I found the web site for the place in Burrton. I was hoping for something a little closer to home, but it's the best lead so far. Thanks for your help, everyone!

frawin

There is a large one in Skiatook, OK.  It's 70 miles from Howard to Bartlesville and Skiatook is south of Bartlesville on 75 highway, probably 25/30 miles until you get to highway #20 and it's probably another 5 miles west on 20.  I would guess that Highway 20 is close to 25/30 miles south before turning back to the west.  It's a large display, we've stopped there and not a bad drive at all.   Once you get into Skiatook, keep going west on 20 and you will see it on your left after you drive 3 or 4 blocks.

Myrna

Clubine Ranch

Yoder's Ornamental Concrete of Burrton Ks on Highway 50
call 620-463-2888 for time they are open.
Great place, large selection. Take a truck. Good luck. Barbara

Delbert

Have Dale dig a pond in your yard.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk