Today in Elk County, Kansas

Started by Wilma, October 06, 2010, 07:29:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ms Bear

Wilma, I have the Kodak Easyshare Z710 and it is really easy to use and takes great pictures.  I wish it was taking pictures of Elk County but maybe next year.  I also have the Kodak All in One printer and am very happy with it and don't have to cry when I have to replace ink, the ink is much cheaper for it and seems to last longer.

It is nice and warm here today but the nights have been in the 30's and I wish it could stay like this for a couple of months.

Roma Jean Turner

Can,t wait until I can see those Elk Co skies in person again.  I HONESTLY DREAM ABOUT IT.

Wilma

Yesterday in Elk County.  I was too tired to do anything except take the snapshots.  We have had such wonderfully blue skies this past month.

Wilma

This morning across the road north of me.  Almost missed this picture.  The gold was already gone from the top of the tree.  This morning's temperature was below freezing and the leaves are coming down like raindrops.

sixdogsmom

Thanks for sharing Wilma. I went to Independance on Thursday and enjoyed the trees so much, especially those aroound Oak Valley. The oaks are many colors from green to dark red, sometimes on the same tree then an occasional cottonwood lights up the area with gold. Just beautiful!
Edie

Wilma

Finally a gray day.  The picture is brighter than the day is actually.  A couple of raindrops fell on me as I took the picture.

W. Gray

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Wilma

Wilma

As most of you know, there isn't much left in the way of outside flowers.  The stems are heavy with seed pods and everything is tones of brown.  I have a flower bed that is mostly wildflowers or roadside flowers.  This morning I noticed something red at the south end of it.  Not having my binoclulars with me, I wheeled to the south end and this is what I found.  The tree is about 12 inches tall and had maybe a total of 20 leaves.

sixdogsmom

I think you must have a gardener squirell Wilma.  :D :D
Edie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk