2010 Flu Shot

Started by W. Gray, October 05, 2010, 05:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

People who don't get the flu don't spread the flu. We're around too many sick people and in and out of schools and hospitals too much risk it. They did recommend getting the shot early this year.

Jane

I am with you Teresa, Rex or I have never taken one and never will. We think the body should do its own work with out sending all the chemicals in to supposely help rid us of the virus. Just keeping your hands clean will take care of a lot.

Ms Bear

Since I am working in retail I am exposed to a lot of people from newborn to elderly and a lot of people come in and wander around the store shopping while waiting on prescriptions and they aren't careful what they touch.  I would hate to get sick from one of them and give it to a young child or elderly person.  Just a precaution I think is worth taking.

twirldoggy

Iread an article written by Jonas Salk in the 1970's and I have not had a flu shot since that time.

patyrn

What did Jonas Salk say in his article that influenced your decision?

frawin

We have always taken the Flu shots and we have never had the Flu,. To each his own.

Janet Harrington

I did the flu shot today.  the Elk County Health Clinic had a drive through shot clinic.  You had two stops in the alley of the courthouse.  The first was to answer a few questions and sign a paper.  for those of you on Medicare, Medicare pays for the shot.  Anyway, those of us with no insurance, the shot was $20.00.  Since I don't have a spleen, I feel that the flu shot is worth the time and money for me.  My immune system has a few problems because of the no spleen, so I would rather be safe then sorry.

srkruzich

I don't take them and i rarely have had the flu.  They say i ought to take one due to health but why?  Once in a while getting the flu just only boosts my immune system to it.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Diane Amberg

Not very well it doesn't. Flu mutates every year just like colds do. Unless you are lucky enough to have awfull good natural immunity.You are risking secondary infections like pneumonia that not every one can fight off.

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on October 06, 2010, 08:09:50 PM
Not very well it doesn't. Flu mutates every year just like colds do. Unless you are lucky enough to have awfull good natural immunity.You are risking secondary infections like pneumonia that not every one can fight off.
well i have had pneumonia also and i usually throw it off.  Sometimes i have to go get some pennecillian.  No biggie as i don't let it get too far gone.   But the flu isn't that big a deal for me.  I just go to bed, and sleep it off.  2 -3 days later i'm usually better.

BTW the only flu's i have had were ones those shots would not have done anything for. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk