Started by frawin, September 22, 2010, 04:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcia Moore

Removed.

frawin

Marcia Moore

Removed.

frawin

Marcia, you are a politician. You have been around Severy so long you are like those Severy girls.

Marcia Moore

Removed.

frawin

What I said was intended to be a compliment, I have been married to a Piedmont-Severy girl for 46 1/2 years.

Marcia Moore

Removed.

W. Gray

Frank,

I am curious as to the purpose of a pony cart.

For racing or maybe just show? Or transportation without burdening the pony with a rider?

The only load the cart seems to be able to carry is the rider.

I looked up similar carts on the web and the current prices seem to be in the $600s. Those sites mention show.

That was a substantial manufacturing item that I did not know Howard had. Wonder how many other recent (past 50 to 60 years) manufacturing enterprises Howard and Elk County had?

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

frawin

Waldo, the carts were for show and for pleasure. The average Pony couldn't carry a man but with the cart 2 people could ride in it. Lots of the time I would hook a pony to one of the carts and take 2  liitle kids riding in it.

frawin

Waldo, I could carry one 100# bag of feed for the Milk Cows, sometimes I would hook up a pony and drive to Brown's Feed and get a bag of feed .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk