Don’t tread on me! Gadsden Flag is the new Confederate Flag

Started by redcliffsw, September 11, 2010, 05:38:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

As a Southerner, there is no more glorious symbol to me than what we today call the Confederate Battle Flag. It was the flag under which my relatives so proudly fought. The sacrifices of blood and bone that they made for our country motivate me to honor them by doing my small part as host of this radio program to live up to the giant shadow that they cast. As Robert E. Lee once said, "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less."

The false gods of Cultural Marxism have, of course, deemed General Lee to be a RACIST, and have marked the honorable Cross of St. Andrew to be a RACIST SYMBOL. (The Confederate States of America modeled their flag after St. Andrew's Cross as a tribute to the South's Scottish and Christian heritage.)

It now appears as though the Gadsden "Don't Tread on Me" Flag has been deemed politically incorrect as well.

An Arizona man is in trouble with his homeowners' association over flying the Gadsden flag, which features a coiled rattlesnake and the words "Don't Tread on Me."

The flag has been adopted by members of the tea party movement for its association with the American Revolution, but Andy McDonel tells the New York Times that he has hung the flag from his roof simply for its historical significance.

Arizona has a state statute that allows Arizonans to fly "the Stars and Stripes, the state flag, flags representing Indian nations as well as the official flags of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines and Coast Guard," the Times reports.

McDonel's homeowners' association is strictly interpreting that law to ban the flying of any other flags, including the Gadsden.

read more:
http://www.thepoliticalcesspool.org/jamesedwards/2010/09/10/dont-tread-on-me-gadsden-flag-is-the-new-confederate-flag/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk