One thing good from the extreme heat

Started by frawin, August 30, 2010, 07:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

The one thing good that was a result of the extreme heat is Myrna's Bougainvilleas have been absolutely gorgeous. She has 5 different colors and they have really been blooming. She had lots of them in West Texas and people told her she wouldn't be able to keep them up here, she has really worked at it, carried the plants over every Winter and started more in the Spring. She has one that is over 6 feet tall and covered in Fushia colored blossoms.

Catwoman

:o ;D  Oh, you and your enviable growing location!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   ::) :laugh: ;D

Jo McDonald

Sooooooooo  she brought "her Texas" to Oklahoma with her.   That is wonderful.  I love Bougainvilleas !!   The colors are so vibrant.

I am envious. :>))
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

frawin

Cat and Jo, Myrna never met a plant she didn't like. She really works hard at keeping her plants looking good. Our back and front yard both have plants growing everywhere. This year with the heat she has really had to water a lot to keep all of them alive.

Teresa

And its nice that you notice and take pride in the things Myrna does Frank.. Marriage is a lasting one when you both openly admire and take pride in each other and are not afraid to say it..  :)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

frawin

I have been trying to downsize some of her flower pictures , I may have it worked out, here is a try.

Ms Bear

frawin

I am learning, hope Teresa don't mind me cluttering things up.

kshillbillys

Beautiful Myrna! Nice picture Frank! I agree wholeheartedly with Teresa's last comment to you.   Jennifer
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

frawin

Thanks, we really enjoy our flowers, wish you could see them sometime.  We start with iris, tulips, jonquils, etc. Then go to lillies, daisies, and a few wild flowers, and then several kinds of annuals.  Frank is good to help me with the beds, watering, etc.  He does the vegetable garden.  This has been a very hard summer with the heat and wind, but we have really enjoyed it.  We have several colors of crepe myrtle, and also several colors of the Razzle Dazzle Crepe Myrtles. 
Stop by some time and see them!

Myrna

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk