Kansan Was the First to Fly at Mach 3 or Three Times the Speed of Sound

Started by W. Gray, August 16, 2010, 09:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Roma Jean Turner

Gald to see this on here.  Milburn Apt and my Uncle Dean were raised out by Buffalo, KS. Both of course served in WWII.  My grandparents and Milburn's folks were the best of friends and I remember them well from my childhood.  Grandad and Oley, Milburn's Dad loved to hunt, and ever now and then tried to outfox the game warden.  I remember once when they caught.  Anyway, I remember when this happened and the sadness we all felt at the loss.

Janet Harrington

The Altoona-Midway- Jets named because of a Kansas pilot.  Wonder how many of those students know that?  Interesting piece of history.

W. Gray

There are three astronauts from Kansas: Stephen Hawley from Salina, Joe Engle, Chapman, and Ron Evans, St. Francis.

I thought Burden had a sign up proclaiming they had an astronaut.

Maybe, one of those above might have lived in Burden for a while.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk