Unregistered vehicles/abandoned

Started by David, August 13, 2010, 07:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roma Jean Turner

Loved the bannana flip over.  Can't remember the actual name of them.  I could down two of them right now.

jarhead

No you wouldn't Roma Jean, because i would take one of them away from you. :) Does anyone remember Banna flavored ice cream back in the early 60's. It was great. My soon to be brother in law would buy two half gallons of it from Horn's IGA in Moline then race back to Elk Falls where we would chow down.

greatguns

Even though I am not as old as you are I do remember banana flavored ice cream.  I always ate lunch at school even though I would ask to take my lunch.  I can still hear my Mom saying, "They are fixing hot balanced meals and that is what you will eat."

Diane Amberg

I wonder if the butter and honey were commodities too. I know there was a subsidy on honey at one time and possibly on butter.

painted

School lunches at Piedmont grade school in the late 60s was fine home cooking too.

Janet Harrington

School lunches at Severy and at North Elk were the best as far as I was concerned.  We only lived one block away from the Severy school, so we went home for lunch most of the time.  When we did get to eat at school that was a treat.  We had to eat at school when we were bused from Severy to Howard to attend North Elk High School.  (Go Trojans, 1972).  Anyway, those lunches were good.

I have eaten at West Elk a few times when I was sheriff.  I thought the lunches were good.  I'm sure that not everything is home cooked because alot of stuff does come out of cans and boxes now, but I believe that these cooks do a good job. 

Oh, my.  To have one of Edna Palmer's cinnamon rolls again.  To have the fried chicken the cooks at North Elk made again.  Makes me hungry.  it is early.  Going to Toot's.

Oh by the way.  I don't really know how this post went from unregistered vehicles to school lunches, but thanks for the memories.  You know you can eat at the school anytime to test out the food if you call and just talk to the principal or secretary.  I may be wrong, but I believe as long as you clear it with the powers in charge and pay, you can test out the food.  Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Diane Amberg

Janet the thread changed from old cars to honey so we can blame Steve. ;D ;D ;D

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on September 07, 2010, 09:31:20 PM
I wonder if the butter and honey were commodities too. I know there was a subsidy on honey at one time and possibly on butter.
There is no subsidy on honey now as is how it should be.  :)  Butter i have no idea about. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

srkruzich

Quote from: Janet Harrington on September 08, 2010, 05:28:24 AM
School lunches at Severy and at North Elk were the best as far as I was concerned.  We only lived one block away from the Severy school, so we went home for lunch most of the time.  When we did get to eat at school that was a treat.  We had to eat at school when we were bused from Severy to Howard to attend North Elk High School.  (Go Trojans, 1972).  Anyway, those lunches were good.

I have eaten at West Elk a few times when I was sheriff.  I thought the lunches were good.  I'm sure that not everything is home cooked because alot of stuff does come out of cans and boxes now, but I believe that these cooks do a good job. 

Oh, my.  To have one of Edna Palmer's cinnamon rolls again.  To have the fried chicken the cooks at North Elk made again.  Makes me hungry.  it is early.  Going to Toot's.

Oh by the way.  I don't really know how this post went from unregistered vehicles to school lunches, but thanks for the memories.  You know you can eat at the school anytime to test out the food if you call and just talk to the principal or secretary.  I may be wrong, but I believe as long as you clear it with the powers in charge and pay, you can test out the food.  Someone correct me if I am wrong.

IF i'm not mistaken, public school lunches are federally subsidized and part of the requirements is that anyone can come in and eat lunch if they pay for their lunch.  It is supposed to be a backup to funding hotmeals for elderly as well as those who do not have much to buy food. 

But then again, I really don't eat at them anymore since i don't like processed foods.  And before folks gets their panties in a wad, processed foods include chicken nuggets chicken patties, ect ect.  Boxed foods are processed. I don't tolerate the chemicals and preservatives in foodstuffs anymore very well. Plus the salt and sugar contents are excessive. 
Unfortunately being diabetic and having water retention issues, cuts out most foods that i can eat unless its absolutely fresh.

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on September 08, 2010, 08:18:36 AM
Janet the thread changed from old cars to honey so we can blame Steve. ;D ;D ;D
Thats cause i am so sweet you know from all that honey! :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk