Unregistered vehicles/abandoned

Started by David, August 13, 2010, 07:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition.

mtcookson

Quote from: Roma Jean Turner on August 23, 2010, 06:58:40 PM
Since I will be moving to Ks guess I will keep my 99 REgal.  Will they charge more because it has a supercharger?

Around $10 more for the supercharger option, based on Sedgwick.

David

Smart kid, I would listen to him.
Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition.

PrehistoricRez

How did this post go from unregistered vehicle tickets to how much to register my regal, Why doesnt the state just be fair across the board say $50 for registration for a basic car/truck, and say $25 for an inspection, inspect the basic stuff like mufflers, no cracks in the windshield, brakes working, horn works, seat belts work.  More people would buy new vehicles more offent because they wouldnt have to pay astranomical personal property taxes and have their cars registered in kansas, not OK, MO or NE, to avoid paying personal property taxes.  

PS:  if no one likes this idea, can you tell me how I go about getting an out of state po box so i can register my car there

PrehistoricRez

and on the weed thing, what happen to the plan that the city was going to make the landowner pay if they had to cut their lawn for them, The city guy is always out weed eating and mowing ditches, I can cut my own I think the city should pay me for this, seeing that everyone else is getting theirs mowed for free by the city.

srkruzich

Quote from: PrehistoricRez on August 24, 2010, 12:05:26 AM
How did this post go from unregistered vehicle tickets to how much to register my regal, Why doesnt the state just be fair across the board say $50 for registration for a basic car/truck, and say $25 for an inspection, inspect the basic stuff like mufflers, no cracks in the windshield, brakes working, horn works, seat belts work.  More people would buy new vehicles more offent because they wouldnt have to pay astranomical personal property taxes and have their cars registered in kansas, not OK, MO or NE, to avoid paying personal property taxes.  

PS:  if no one likes this idea, can you tell me how I go about getting an out of state po box so i can register my car there
not that hard, but they will nail you if you have a out of state P.O.   You need to own property.  Or  if you have any kids in another state that the tags are reasonable, let the kid register it in their name. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Lookatmeknow!!

What does it matter if farmers get a subsidy?  Have you ever raised cattle, crops or such?  I mean to tell you, the land owners of these farms are what supports the county!  I know that our share of the property taxes on land was by fair alot more than to pay my taxes on my wonderful little mini van! Now, we all know that taxes have never been fair! Life isn't fair, hell.  I wish that I could make tons of money, but you know God has a different plan for me.  As for the crude remarks about someone who is just stating their opinion, if you don't like it you think they stink?  Come on!!  I mean, here I am having trouble with my daughter getting picked on in 7th grade, and telling her to ignore it, and we have adults name calling! No wonder these other girls are picking on other people, its cause they probably think, it's not fair. 

We are all adults here!  I would love for taxes to be lower!! Hell, yes!  But we all know that won't happen.  Can we complain about it yes we can!  But at what point do you start the name calling cause someone doesn't say what you like?  Now, I know that you will call me a name!  Oh, well, if your calling me names then you are leaving others alone.

Sorry, just had to state my opinion!  My husband hates when I do that, but crap!! I wish I didn't have to pay almost $700.00 dollars on my property in town!  If you have seen my property, you would know that it isn't anything special! But life isn't fair!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

srkruzich

What ever happened to running a business and succeeding or failing instead of getting bailed out?   honey producers have been stuck at 1.50  pound for years and even less and don't get any kind of subsidy.  1.60 is your break even point. 
So what the producers have to do to make a profit is to retail their own honey in areas.  I know another way to do it but thats going to take time and a little money.   Making a profit is work.   I just  cannot fathom any rancher getting a subsidy for cattle out here.  When i see a steer out there i see 800 dollars that was probably born on the place, grass fed, and only gets fed stocker pellets to fatten em up before auction.   I know there is cost in it but really now, these guys have to be making a ton of money as i see them running round in f350's decked out to the max. 

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

greatguns

PrehistoricRez, look me up sometime and I can give you names and numbers of those that seem to get away with it.  Maybe they can help you on this one. ;)  They must have changed the law, as it use to be you had to tag your vehicle where you resided or where you owned your business.  I have never figured out how you live in GW and buy your tags in EK.  I'm sure the answer is to mind my own stinking business.

Lookatmeknow!!

Well, I don't know but we don't drive around in F350's to the max.  We run a cattle business. Yes, we grass them, put up the hay to feed them (and if you know anything about that it isn't cheap!), feed them corn in winter and the hay, and we get no subsidies!!  Plus, I run my own business, too!! And if we break even on selling cattle we are doing lucky! Have you priced any cattle pellets, hay, or anything of that nature???

You still miss the point, as I can see you seem to NOT get the point!! I work to teach my girls that they have to work to get anything, not gripe cause they didn't get something they think they deserve!  No, I don't like to be told what to do, how much to pay on my taxes! Yes, it's your right to gripe, as it is mine!  But calling people names cause they don't agree with you!! Come on! 

And are you going to complain that me running a daycare, I get reimbursed for some of the amount of lunches that I feed the kids?? Is that taking hand outs? To me that is not, as my food bill surpasses the amount every month that I get!

Some people just can't get the WHOLE picture!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk