Unregistered vehicles/abandoned

Started by David, August 13, 2010, 07:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatguns

YOU'RE SO SPECIAL!  If everyone paid their fair share, perhaps mine wouldn't be so high.  But go ahead and bitch about the roads that don't suit you and all your other little problems.  It, afterall is pretty entertaining for some.

greatguns

Was that snitch or did you just mispell a word?

mtcookson

Quote from: greatguns on August 23, 2010, 02:18:40 PM
YOU'RE SO SPECIAL!  If everyone paid their fair share, perhaps mine wouldn't be so high.  But go ahead and bitch about the roads that don't suit you and all your other little problems.  It, afterall is pretty entertaining for some.

"Their fair share"... The state in NOT taxing everyone "their fair share"! Direct taxes are supposed to be apportioned across the population. Therefore, we should all pay the exact same amount of property tax on a vehicle (and home) regardless of what kind of vehicle it is. Say that amount is supposed to be $20, for instance. If they're taxing us properly you would pay $20 whether you had a Yugo or a Ferrari. Instead, they tax based on the type of vehicle it is and the age of it.

Lets take some of my current and past vehicles for example and calculate taxes based on Sedgwick County.
2000 Volkswagen Beetle TDI:
New Vehicle Class - 017
Property Tax - $55.43

1991 Nissan 300ZX non turbo:
New Vehicle Class - 022
Property Tax - $22.16

1991 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo:
New Vehicle Class - 024
Property Tax - $24.43

1991 Infiniti Q45:
New Vehicle Class - 025
Property Tax - $25.56

And, since I'm apparently "big pimpin'" with all my money and can afford a shiny new car the State wants:
2008 Mazda CX-7 GT 2WD:
New Vehicle Class - 021
Property Tax - $311.92

If you're doing REALLY well and do get a Ferrari:
2008 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano
New Vehicle Class - 142
Property Tax - $3,593.84

Even better still:
2009 Mercedes SLR McLaren:
New Vehicle Class:  230
Property Tax:  $7,036.19

I've bought quite a few cars for less than that. Heck, I bought the Beetle for less than that Mercedes' property tax alone. :o

I think the guy that owns Flint Oak owns one of those SLR's. Not sure of the year but I surely do feel sorry for him when he goes to pay those ridiculous taxes. I don't care how much money he makes, ITS NOT RIGHT and more importantly ITS NOT CONSTITUTIONAL! When oh when will we stop letting our government go out of control like this. :-\

Just remembered, I've spent more on a computer than I have on some of my cars yet I don't have to pay property tax on it... which is weird since I can do so much more with a computer these days. Don't get me wrong, I could never go without my cars but with where the internet is at you can do so much with a computer that I bet its safe to say the internet and computers made a bigger difference to the world compared to cars. I DO still pay taxes for it technically though as I paid sales tax when I bought it and pay sales tax on the internet service monthly. Hmm... kind of sounds similar to the situation with cars. Wonder why we have to pay property tax on cars in that case.

Oh... and if someone from the government is watching don't even THINK about getting the idea to put property tax on my computer. Talk about an uprising if they did that...! On second though, do it... I bet THAT would open the eyes of the people. ;D

greatguns

I'm not saying it couldn't be improved on, but that doesn't mean that some should not have to run with tags and some should.  Just my opinion and everyone knows opinions are just like a**holes, everybody has one.

Diane Amberg

Why does Kansas do that? Not enough other income?

Diane Amberg

Ok, now I see the problem. In 2009 156 Elk County people got $603,823.00 in farm subsidies according to USDA. I think Kansas wants their money back. :P

Catwoman

Hold on there, Diane...Farm welfare is a taboo subject... :o ;D

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on August 23, 2010, 04:43:59 PM
Why does Kansas do that? Not enough other income?

Kansas politicians have never seen a tax they didn't like.   One problem is they are anti industry unless its aircraft.  One bad practice they do is give 10 year tax breaks to new businesses, then when the 10 years are up, they rape the companies which in turn makes it more cost effective for them to move elsewhere.  so industry leaves.  So you don't have any good paying jobs.
If they actually had a brain in their heads, they would be bringing in all kinds of industry and keeping the taxes lower than any other state.  Then there would be more revenue.  But as it is now, they can't tax people that aren't working so they tax everything else.

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on August 23, 2010, 05:03:57 PM
Ok, now I see the problem. In 2009 156 Elk County people got $603,823.00 in farm subsidies according to USDA. I think Kansas wants their money back. :P
damn who got that?? 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk