It Was 104 Degrees ---

Started by sixdogsmom, August 11, 2010, 06:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

When I came home from shopping today it was 104 degrees; this was about 4:00 PM. The temp went from 99 to 104 all afternoon, glad to get home where it is cool; the stores certainly are not cool. The most comfortable was Marvins' and the least was Walmart. Go figure! We have had so much heat that everyting is saturated, it takes a long time to cool. You can feel the heat along the walls and windows, just like an oven on the other side.  :P :P The weatherman is promising cooler temps next week, I hope!  :D
Edie

Ms Bear

I have been wondering how all of my forum friends are doing in this heat.  It is as hot there as it is here in Texas, I hope everyone is being careful when out and about.

I am ready for it to start cooling off and would welcome some rain here.

jarhead

Ms Bear,
We went to Houston last Wed. for a couple days and then on to Sweetwater and came home Monday. Trust me, there aint a dimes worth of differance in how hot it is in both states. While at Sweetwater there came a "rare" toad strangler but with-in an hour after it quit that red dirt was dust again.

Ms Bear

You should have honked when you came by.  If you were in Houston you were probably close to my house.

Diane Amberg

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 94-96 with more for the rest of the week and no afternoon storms to cool it down or drop out the humidity.  Very dry. Not quite record breakers but close. Whew! I hope our 100's are over, we don't usually get that hot here. July was a record breaker.

sixdogsmom

I think this is the hottest summer we have had in awhile, last year we only had a couple of hundred degree days if I remember rightly. Booger hot for sure!  :P
Edie

jarhead

Ms Bear,
I think we were in the NW part of Houston but I really don't know. Once we went thru Conroe I was at the complete mercy of Bertha Butts (The lady inside my GPS ) I do recall when we got off the "big street" we hit a frontage road called Sheppard and ended up on Candlelight Lane

frawin

Jarhead, one summer when we lived in Midland, TX the temperature got to 118 degrees. It was a dry heat but still very uncomfortable. I know I watered my Tomatoes early that morning, when I got home that night the plants were black and totally burnt up. The low-low humidity in West Texas helps but it is still uncomfortable, but better than Houston.

Ms Bear

Jarhead, when you went through Conroe you were 20 miles west of me.  Conroe is on 45 and I live on 59.  Glad your Bertha Butts got you where you wanted to go, when my daughter and I went to the Space Center it gave good directions all the way except the turn in to the gate and it told us to turn right when we needed to turn left.

My son has moved to Odessa and I am waiting until September or October to visit, just to hot there right now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk