What Handouts To Cut

Started by redcliffsw, August 11, 2010, 09:16:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Well theres a big problem with his idea, first of all it starts with the forced payment system into SS.  By forcing us to pay into it, we have a vested interest in it and have the right to collect from it because we funded it with OUR money that we earned.  So what if a elderly person has a 300k house.  They earned the house, plus they paid for the "drug coverage" SS they collect ect. 

Is it constitutional?  No, but the Government has forced a contract upon the people and whether or not its constitutional, doesn't matter.  Everyone is owed what they paid into with. Not only that they are also owed interest on the money they put into SS, which a reasonble return would be 5 -7% on the money.

Personally if they would privatize it, i would be all for it.  Take my payments put into a acount that i own and i'll take it from there.  Simple and effective. 

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

redcliffsw

Sounds reasonable and practical to me.  You're advocating going by the Constitution and that's the way it ought to be.

Diane Amberg

Show me a 5-7% return right now and I'll be there in a heartbeat.

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on August 11, 2010, 12:53:25 PM
Show me a 5-7% return right now and I'll be there in a heartbeat.
AEZ

gave a 50% return from 2008 to date.

Diane Amberg

Much too volatile for me. I'm not into penny stocks at my age, plus the beta and P/E are too high. I don't get into things that go for more than $7.00 and drop to $.61....It's all over the place. If I was still in my twenties, maybe, but I'd not put very much in even then.

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on August 11, 2010, 09:31:20 PM
Much too volatile for me. I'm not into penny stocks at my age, plus the beta and P/E are too high. I don't get into things that go for more than $7.00 and drop to $.61....It's all over the place. If I was still in my twenties, maybe, but I'd not put very much in even then.
Penny stock??  Uhmm it hasn't been a penny stock for a while.  I look for P/E between 20 and 60.  Thats where your growth is.  below 20 and you don't make squat.   
My moms 70 years old and buys into stocks like AEZ.  In fact her invesments did ok through the last 4 years even when the market collapsed.

Another one that pays very very good is QQQQ  it returned a 54% return in the last year.  P/E is 21, i like it higher around 30 -40

Like i said, mom is 70 and she put 25% into higher risk stocks, and i think 60 in growth stocks, and the rest into mutual funds that are paying 12% +   yes there are a lot of stocks out there that pay above 5- 7%. 
You just have to look for them.

srkruzich

Ohh and If you didn't notice, Gold started dropping. 

Wilma

I am wondering where people who can't afford their prescriptions find the money to invest in the stock market.  Doesn't it take all their income just to survive?  And if the money is in savings or something like that, why are they so poor?  Why do we have to hear about how hard it is for them to manage even the basics?

greatguns

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk