Freedom of Speech...just not for Christians.

Started by Varmit, July 16, 2010, 08:41:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varmit

Christians' arrest: 1st step to placate Muslims
Charlie Butts and Chad Groening - OneNewsNow - 7/12/2010 4:00:00 AM
UPDATED: 7/12/2010 1:45 PM

Four missionaries arrested at an Arab festival in Dearborn, Michigan, have been arraigned.

The missionaries have appeared each year of the Annual Arab International Festival, but this year police moved in and arrested them and confiscated a camera from one member was using to film the arrests. Detroit television station WXYZ was on hand for the arraignment and talked to one of the accused, Nabeel Qureshi.

"Our policy...as we were going through the festival [was] to allow the people to approach us," he explains. "So we did not approach anyone to avoid charges of harassing."

All four are charged with disturbing the peace, but 18-year-old Nageen Mayel, a recent convert from Islam to Christianity, was also charged with refusing to obey a police officer's order to stop filming. "I was scared," she told WXYZ-TV. "There was no reason for them to approach me, so my immediate reaction was fear of the unknown and why they were doing it."

All four missionaries plead not guilty today. They are represented by Robert Muise of the Thomas More Law Center, who points to the Constitution.

"If people are offended by the fact that they were preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ to Muslims and trying to convert Muslims -- well, guess what, we have a First Amendment," Muise points out. "This is a free society. It's not a police state."

As the four apparently head to trial, the Law Center is preparing a civil suit to be filed against the city.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So let me get this straight, these four get arrested for doing nothing wrong, and yet the Black Panthers get set free after breaking the law?  And yet we are supposed to view the law enforcement community as friendly and helpful?

It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Warph

I'm glad you brought this up. Varmit... We have a some retirees here from Dearborn, MI and you would not believe the horror stories they have to tell.  Unfortunately, Dearborn is the American mecca for these islamists.  They pretty well call the shots in what's going on in that city.  Here is a site explaining what really happened:
http://www.jihadwatch.org/2010/06/is-this-america-christian-activists-arrested-in-dearborn.html

The more recent Middle Eastern immigrants being largely Muslim have been the cause for a lot of tensions with the earlier largely Christian Middle Eastern citizen/immigrants.  This "preaching" case is but a small piece of the larger problems/issues that Dearborn has.  The interesting thing to me is the 'democratic-ness' of the Muslim faith.  No particular church hierarcy.  Each practioner has his own discourse with god.  The lack of centrality or a higher authority seems to let all sorts of Inmans.... with lesser or greater intellectual capacities.... to thrive and, I suppose, mislead (in the Jim Jones sense).  Why or how this connects to the appalling lack of leadership in Muslim Middle East countries has always baffled me.  Why wouldn't a democratic religion produce a more independent flock?  Why do the constituents seem so sheep like.... like lemmings running to the cliff.  The great thing about a society based on reason and free expression is that it can withstand and overcome the neverending bickering about which non-reason-based beliefs are superior.

Thank goodness for America!

....Warph
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Diane Amberg

You do know that lemmings committing suicide is a myth right?

kshillbillys

Diane, you do know that you are a flappity lipped know it all don't you? And WE are all retarded? You try to prove it with every post that Varmit, Warph, myself or my wife put on here. I notice how you single out a few and go along with the rest. Sorry for the use of the word retard, I don't mean to offend anyone on the east coast.

MR. KSHillbilly
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Diane Amberg

That's Ok, If I say anything you'll find fault with it, so I might as well have some fun. Freedom of speech and all that. Now go figure out which of us is in Delaware and it's not Anmar. Don't worry about using the word retard, we care for our slow people we don't eat them. I've never called any of you retarded, regardless of how you act some times. Your personal insecurities aren't my problem.
    Apparently you aren't comfortable with anyone disagreeing with you. You're not dumb, just rude and mean.  You have taught me how to stand up for myself and fight back when I have an opinion I feel like sharing. I've learned how to handle the incredible amounts of ridicule that I had never seen before on any forum I've ever been involved with. Several of you would have been banned long ago. I don't mind fun banter and teasing at all, but several of you go for the throat instantly. Your Alpha male in AZ has taught his puppies well.

frawin

Varmit

Quote from: Diane Amberg on July 17, 2010, 07:57:36 PM
Don't worry about using the word retard, we care for our slow people we don't eat them.

Really??  :o  You should try them with some fava beans and a nice chianti.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

kshillbillys

You are right Diane, about eating the retards. It happened quite accidentally. We didn't want Texas to be one up on us with the electrocution of retards as capital punishment.  I don't know about no floofy fava beans and cognac, but they do go good with some BBQ sauce and a nice cold Coors. They're finger lickin good!

Please note the sarcasm.

MR. KSH
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Diane Amberg

Frank, Sure I do. Several people on here are very intolerant of me because I'm not exactly the same as them. You have several others on here who are "experts" and who will write many paragraphs on everything from bombing the gulf to most anything you might ever want to know. I know they look it up first but it doesn't bother me in the least.  I enjoy reading it. But I do not get the same consideration. No freedom of speech for that easterner and calling me a liberal Democrat over and over really bugs me. That's very rude. I really do know about a lot of things and I liked the politics but now it seems it jumps to ugly and personal way too soon. I even just had a remark made because I HADN'T said anything. I also have gotten quite a few nice PM's from people in Elk County who are glad to have me on and go so far as to apologizing for the rude behavior of a few. So it's not all bad. I was once told to suck it up. Perhaps they should too. As far as the lemmings comment, it was a set up for a comeback that unfortunately didn't happen There are a kazillon funny comments that could be made about lemmings. I sure wasn't expecting to be executed for it.
Look at what Varmit just said. It was funny, because he did not put a name on it or make it a personal and the Silence of the Lambs reference fit well. Nobody would ever get their feelings hurt. (on here I mean) But if I had said that, I'd be getting nasty degrading remarks speared at me instantly. Now KS came along and got smart alec about it. I have no idea what he meant.

Varmit

Why is it that when people have a different opinion on a subject they're being "intolerant"?  As for being "experts" don't you also post your opinion on just about every thread?  How do you know "they look it up first"?  Isn't it possible that they like you "really do know about a lot of things"?  Ks wasn't being a smart alec, it was a joke. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk