Obama Administration Protecting the Black Panthers

Started by kshillbillys, July 14, 2010, 04:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatguns

Inmy surrounding area there are very few black people.  There is in fact several that have a black parent and a white parent.  Before you inquire, no not to many live with their parents.  Of course, I don't live in Elk County.

Wilma

Quote from: kshillbillys on July 18, 2010, 07:08:47 PM
I don't know the exact charge. I'm sure disturbing the peace is somewhere in there. He just said that if the person was offended and felt threatened then I would be arrested. Their word against mine pretty much.

The charge wouldn't be for what you said, but for the way it made the person it was directed to feel.  If the person felt threatened, the charge would most likely be assault.  If you had a weapon in your hand at the time, it could be aggravated assault.  And it has nothing to do with the color of the persons involved.  It is just as true of an incident between two white people as it is between a white and black or any other color.  And, yes, it would be pretty much their word against mine unless there were witnesses on the scene who were willing to become a part of it by testifying.

I hope Janet backs me up on this.  It has been a long time since I worked in a law office.

jarhead

Wilma,
Went to the Café this morning and my nephew greeted me by saying,
"morn'n fat Ron". It made me feel----well---it made me feel pleasingly plump". He did have a spatula in his hand when he said it so should he be arrested for aggravated assault ??
I do say this with tongue in cheek Wilma but don't you agree this PC crap is getting plumb out of hand and to be arrested for such nonsense is a waste of John Law's time ?
PS: (whisper ) Wilma, since you appointed yourself the spelling czar on another thread you better check your spelling of "assault" before Steve sees it .

Wilma

Thank you, jar.  I have corrected it.  My only excuse is that I had already corrected the first "their" in the sentence having spelled it "there".

srkruzich

Quote from: jarhead on July 19, 2010, 09:31:45 AM
Wilma,
Went to the Café this morning and my nephew greeted me by saying,
"morn'n fat Ron". It made me feel----well---it made me feel pleasingly plump". He did have a spatula in his hand when he said it so should he be arrested for aggravated assault ??
I do say this with tongue in cheek Wilma but don't you agree this PC crap is getting plumb out of hand and to be arrested for such nonsense is a waste of John Law's time ?
PS: (whisper ) Wilma, since you appointed yourself the spelling czar on another thread you better check your spelling of "assault" before Steve sees it .

Now jarhead i really am not that petty.  :P  one thing that i don't do a lot of is capitalization, and sometimes not even punctuation as i have worked far too long in the it industry, specifically unix where you don't use capital letters in much of anything.   Unlike windows, Unix treats a capital letter differently than the same lowercase letter and it just isn't used unless for special things. 

whatever on it, i do know how to write, and i do know how to write professional letters, but forums are not professional and IMO i could care less whether i spelled there, their, or they're correctly, and i could care less whether a word is capitalized properly.  Forums are more discussion type arenas much like sitting in a room and conversing, and you don't sit there in a conversation and say Capital this that and the other then the word and you don't go spelling out which their, they're or there you wish to use.

as far as spell check in this forum, most of the time the "dictionary" does not have the words in it that i might need to run through the spell checker.   

LOL which reminds me when i was taking creative writing a couple years ago, my instructor would correct the heck out of my papers, but would give me an A still every time.  She loved my writing, and my ability to being the subject to life enough that she overlooked my gramatical errors.  Shrug.  The final for my grade was 1/2 of my total grade for the quarter and the state required me to make a video of me standing and presenting a paper i wrote and I don't do videos.  Not going to ever happen.   I wrote my paper for the video, and submitted it to her, but since it was not in a video format i recieved a zero.   Still passed my class with a B.  I was happy with that.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

jarhead

Steve, as you can tell I sure as hell aint qualified to point out anyones mis-spelled words or use of  good English. That was supposeed to have one of them little smiley faced thing-a-ma-bobs after it but it disappeared. I'm just jealous that most people know how to use spell check and talk about typing with 4 fingers and such. I use one finger and typing is alot like a "search & destroy" mission for me.

Wilma

I knew a loan officer once that used the two finger hunt and peck method.  Still the loan papers he turned out had nary a mispelled word or lacked a capital letter where it was needed.  He also did this while the clients sat in front of him and waited.  In my humble opinion there is no excuse for slovenly work except laziness.  If I were facing and conversing with a person I would not expect capital letters or punctuation marks as the person's demeanor would provide those and the conversation would be easy to follow.  Lack of capital letters and punctuation not only appears slovenly but deters the reading of the missive as the reader has to figure out what the writer meant.  By the time that is accomplished the reader is more likely to say one of those words that I don't know how to spell and throw the whole thing out.   What then has the writer accomplished?

frawin

Wilma, I have read 100's of Crude and Natural Gas contracts, land leases, ROW agreements, Tanker Charters, home and land purchase agreements, but I don't know what reading a missle is. I am just curious and want to know for the future. Thanks

W. Gray

Back in 1963, I found that I had a problem with the newspaper reporting related to the sports in my school. So I wrote a letter of complaint to Joe McGuff, the offending Kansas City Star sportswriter. McGuff, who was around 36 at the time, had fifteen years with the Star when I wrote him. Prior to that, he wrote for the Tulsa World. He never finished college.

I typed my letter on erasable typewriter paper—an error could be erased with an ordinary pencil erasure and then the space typed over with the correct letter. This type of paper was a blessing for me when writing ordinary letters or research papers, although that type of paper was frowned upon for use in business circles.

The reply I got back was hard to believe. He was nice with his reply, but in his response, I became more interested in the style of his letter than I was in the reply. I received the most atrocious looking message I have ever received from someone in my life.

On regular typing paper, he began sentences with small letters, used caps in mid sentence, scratched out letters with pencil, retyped those letters, added in penciled words, added in scribbling, etc. I would have received a double F if I had ever turned in something similar in college. I think at some point in his sports writing he had admitted belonging to the hunt and peck school of typing. None of the forum entries would even come close to matching this fellow's style.

There was no mistake as to what he said in his reply though. The message was as clear as could be. Even so, with his "penmanship," I had to wonder how he ever became a newspaper story writer.

In those days before personal computers, I think he had a secretary or an office typist that put his words in final form before his story ever went to the editor for approval.

Three years after I wrote my letter, McGuff became the Star's sports editor. Twenty years after that he became the editor of the Kansas City Star.

I kept that letter for the longest time, but it has gotten away from me.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

twirldoggy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk