MARCHANT, Donald Wade "Don" - b. April 21, 1959 - d. July 6, 2010

Started by Teresa, July 07, 2010, 12:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Don Marchant was killed in a work related event yesterday in Fredonia Ks.
A fist size piece of metal came off a piece he was working on lodged in his head.. severing the brain..
He was life watched to Wichita Hospital and was pronounced dead at around 7:30.
He and his wife Liz Marchant live in Howard. Don was a gentle kind easy going man. We have spent lots of time with him and Liz these past few years..
I will post more about when the memorial will be for him.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Jo McDonald

This is so heartbreaking.  My sincere prayers for his beloved Liz and all the rest of Don's loved ones.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Sherri

My heart aches for Liz and her family.  I am so sorry that this has happened.  My prayers, thoughts and distant hugs go to you Liz....May God wrap his arms around you and hold you close.
SMILE AND EVERYONE SMILES WITH YOU!!!!

patyrn

I do not know Don and Liz, but Rodney has enjoyed visiting with them and has great respect for Don.  Our prayers go out to the family for comfort in such a stressful time. 

debid

Don was a really really good man and took such good care of his wife. Tony and I got to know Don and Liz when we went on our camping trip and we knew right away they were always going to be good friends.  I called Tony last night when I heard what happened and he was so upset he cried with me on the phone.  Don made a huge impression on myself and Tony.  Liz is going to need us all so much now.   I just don't know what to say.... so sad.   

patyrn

Donald Wade "Don" Marchant, age 51, a resident of Howard, Kansas, died Tuesday, July 6, 2010 at Wesley Medical Center in Wichita, Kansas.  He was born on April 21, 1959 in West Plains, Missouri, the son of Wade and Nadine (Shipley) Marchant.

Don served in the Army National Guard for 23 years earning the rank of Master Sergeant.  He most recently worked for Aerospace Industries in Fredonia, Kansas as a machinist.  On August 28, 2003, Don was united in marriage to Elizabeth Woodworth in Miami, Oklahoma.  As a young man, Don was baptized into the Baptist Church.  He was also an ordained minister.  Don was a member of Hope Lodge #155 AF&AM in Howard, Kansas, Midian Shrine in Wichita, Kansas, and the Elk's Lodge #989 in Cherryvale, Kansas.  He enjoyed fishing, hunting, golfing, playing in the pool league, and $1.00 nights at the pub.  Most of all, Don enjoyed being PaPa to his grandchildren.

Don is survived by his wife, Liz Marchant of Howard, Kansas; his parents, Wade and Nadine Marchant of Springfield, Missouri; three daughters, Erica, Heather, and Nicole; stepson, Tyler Barnhart of Erie Kansas; stepdaughter, Nicole Marchant and husband Josh of Cherryvale, Kansas; one sister, Cheryl Abney of Springfield, Missouri; and eight grandchildren.

Memorial funeral services will be held at 11:00 a.m. Saturday, July 10, 2010 at Zimmerman Funeral Home in Howard, Kansas.  Family will receive friends Friday, July 9, 2010 from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. at the funeral home.  Family suggests memorial contributions be made to the Midian Shrine Children's Hospital and may be left with the funeral home.  Online condolences may be left for the family at www.countrysidefh.com.  Arrangements are under the direction of Zimmerman Funeral Home, 206 E. Washington, Howard, Kansas 67349.

(taken from the Countryside Funeral Home website)

Catwoman

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk